With Ethan Allen offering a wide variety of sofas, you need to check reviews on what’s best for your home. Otherwise, you may get the wrong size, style, or comfort level for your needs.
Years of buying furniture for my home and projects have helped me build a solid rating system. Here, I’m going to review the best sofas from Ethan Allen, along with their benefits and downsides.
Ethan Allen Sofa Reviews
Furniture shopping, even on other brands, can seem like an overwhelming task. I took the time to review everything that Ethan Allen has in their showroom.
|Deep seat, low arms
|Removable back cushions
|Standard seat, sloped arms
|Standard seat, low boxed arms
|Shorter seat, low arms
|Unique sloped arms
|Low seat height
|Overstuffed, rolled arms
|Tall back, rolled arms
|Deep diamond tufting
|High sloped arms
|Not for lounging
|Boxed arms, deep tufting
|Formal, tuxedo style
|Boxy cushions, short arms
|Rounded arms, customizable legs
|Angled arms, tufted back
|Stylish retro look, comfortable
Top Spot: Ethan Allen Sofa Round-Up Winner
TLDR? At the end of the day, I’ve picked Richmond as the perfect sofa for most room styles. The furniture from Ethan Allen looks great in an informal space and makes you feel cozy. I like how casual it is while still looking high-quality.
But, I’d like there to be as few cushions as possible. I prefer converting the three-seat cushion to two or one to feel more comfortable lounging on it.
Finding Your New Sofa: How I’ve Reviewed the Different Sofas From Ethan Allen
To be as transparent as possible, I’ve revealed what’s important to me in finding a new sofa. My priorities and style may not match yours. Even if I didn’t care for a particular design from Ethan Allen, I did try to imagine a space where the sofas would work.
- One thing to note about Ethan Allen is that their showrooms don’t carry every model of the sofas. Each piece is customized for your space, including size and details like tufting. Our reviews only cover the general sample models from Ethan Allen.
- We feature most of the products that Ethan Allen carries in the Austin location. I took pictures of the showroom so you could see how the furniture is used in an interior space.
- I have a husky-mix rescue pup who sheds like crazy, and I often have family over, including my seven nephews! So, I need a couch that can accommodate and stand up for a lot of traffic and seating. In sum, my priorities are size, comfort, and napability.
- Thinking of the style, I lean towards farmhouse chic and rustic vintage, even on other brands. I already have a lot of raw wood furniture and would like sofas that work with that look.
The Richmond couch is comfortable and casual because you can sink into it. The back cushions, while removable, are T-shaped to fit perfectly over the arms. I love that the legs are short, and there’s not much space underneath for stray dog toys to get stuck underneath.
Though boxy, thick, and overstuffed, my lounging lifestyle works well here. I had Ethan Allen customize a longer bottom cushion that’s better for the structure of armchairs.
One of Ethan Allen’s premier couches, Remson balances American classic and Mid-century designs. The luxuriously soft velvet upholstery makes it perfect for curling up after a long day at work.
The five-inch leg height also makes it easy to sit and get up. One of the reasons why I love Ethan Allen is because it uses sustainable woven fabric that doesn’t snag. This is a long-lasting product even with children and pets playing around the living room set.
The solid frame is made from engineered hardwood, making it incredibly durable. It’s a reliable choice if you’re looking for high-quality craftsmanship.
The Conway living room furniture from Ethan Allen is very chic. This design works well in contemporary spaces.
Either formal or informal living areas are options for this sofa as well. It has short, wooden block feet that work well with the design of other chairs. There isn’t much space between the seat and the floor, preventing toys from getting stuck.
Bennett is Ethan Allen’s classic sofa design. I like how everything is overstuffed, making the sofa look comfortable and inviting. From traditional to cottage chic, you can make this furniture work in nearly any type of space.
The Bennett can be your new sofa if you like to slump back yet mostly sit up. For me, though, because I lounge across the couch, I’m a little concerned about the number of seat cushions.
Hyde furniture updates its French influence with modern design. The rolled arms and overstuffed cushioning gives the camelback style a formal appearance.
It’s not my favorite sofa from Ethan Allen and does not appeal to my style. Yet, it’s an excellent choice as formal/informal living room furniture. It would look wildly out of place among my raw wood, rustic-inspired sofas.
Ethan Allen’s Chesterfield-style sofa, Chadwick, takes old-world classic styling and upgrades it. The rolled arms are much wider than I’m used to seeing in these furniture styles.
The 26-inch arm height isn’t my style and is too formal for my home. But, if you love this sofa style, Chadwick from Ethan Allen is the perfect living room furniture for you.
The Emerson combines modern styling with old-world elegance with a 23-inch arm height. This Ethan Allen furniture belongs in a more formal setting. For example, a traditionally styled living room set with modern elements.
In my space, I’m unable to accommodate that kind of setup. I would have no extra space if I put something in the middle of the room. I’m pretty laid back, and I like my house to have that same welcoming feeling.
The Mansfield sofa has classic traditional rolled arms and deep diamond tufting. This quality product would be gorgeous in a formal living room set. It’s meant to elevate spaces and bring a sense of elegance and grandeur.
I’m not a fan of the boxed-in style of the tuxedo furniture from Ethan Allen. I prefer a sofa with lower arms because otherwise, I feel cut off from the world. The wooden legs and nailhead trim really make this design, and I don’t think it would be the same without it!
At first impression, the Nolita is very boxy. The modern styling allows this couch to move in a variety of different spaces. This Ethan Allen furniture would work in more informal lounging rooms.
I like that the feet are big enough to keep the sofa off the floor. This means my dog won’t lose its toys underneath, and I won’t be on my hands and knees trying to fish them out.
Melrose has everything you need in modern living room furniture. I like that you can choose a wood or metal base since that can work with the type of space you’re creating. The well-made cushioning doesn’t squish right down.
If you request Ethan Allen to customize it with a metal base, you can reconfigure Melrose into a new sofa design. I can picture this in a city loft or penthouse, set in a room with floor-to-ceiling windows.
Marcus has the features of Mid-century, modern sofas upgraded for the contemporary home. This couch is a quality product with removable seat cushions yet a solidly built-in back.
Its leg height of five inches provides optimal seat comfort. What’s most impressive about this Ethan Allen couch is the tufting with accent buttons that you can add. This allows the furniture to work in both an informal or formal setting and various styles.
Crafting Comfort: Ethan Allen Furniture Overview
Ethan Allen is a homeware brand and furniture store that produces high-quality designs. Founded in 1932, Ethan Allen originally sold outdoor furniture and garden accessories. Fast forward to the present, it now includes indoor furniture and home decor.
The brand is one of the most popular furniture retailers in the United States. It’s best known for its high-quality, high-end, custom-designed pieces and customer service.
- Designs: Ethan Allen is known for its well-made sofas, chairs, sectionals, and recliners. Among its popular designs include reimaginings of country and classic home furnishings.
- Customization: An interior designer will work with your style and budget. You can chat with a designer on the Ethan Allen website if you have specific questions.
- Consultations: The local design center does free in-home design consultations on sofas. Someone from Ethan Allen will come to your home and work to maximize your space.
- Durability: Ethan Allen uses high-quality craftsmanship at its local design center. As long as you care for your sofas properly, they should last around seven to 15 years.
- Delivery team: Ethan Allen ships anywhere in the contiguous United States. The usual delivery can take anywhere from six to eight weeks. The brand does offer a Quick Ship option to speed up the delivery to 30 days.
- Assembly: The in-home delivery team of Ethan Allen will do the heavy lifting and assembly. You can also call the efficient customer service hotline if you have issues.
- Price: Prices on Ethan Allen couches range from hundreds to thousands of dollars. For example, an ottoman can be around $600. The price of a small loveseat starts at around $1,000, whereas high-end sectionals and armchairs may cost up to $13,000.
- Policies: Ethan Allen accepts returns of sofas within 30 days of the delivery. But, you’ll be responsible for the shipping and return fees. The brand’s customer service offers limited warranties on products and components.
Ethan Allen Sofas Pros and Cons
After seeing various sofa styles, here’s a rundown of the pros and cons of Ethan Allen furniture.
- Huge selection of quality sofa styles with the choice to have an interior designer.
- More than 300 stores across America, Canada, Europe, and Asia.
- Unlike other brands, a team will build your furniture and deliver it straight to your house.
- Higher prices than other brands because of the luxurious materials.
- Standard delivery takes around six to eight weeks within the contiguous United States.
- No free shipping and high delivery fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Ethan Allen Sofas Good Quality?
Sofas from Ethan Allen feature high-quality hardwood frames and premium upholstery. The cushioning also comes with high-density foam for durability and comfort.
Are Ethan Allen’s Sofas Made in the USA?
Most of the Ethan Allen sofa collections are made internationally to lower costs. Only their custom-made sofas are manufactured in the United States.
What Are Sofas From Ethan Allen Made Of?
Ethan Allen uses quality hardwood, engineered wood frames, metal, or other base options. Their plush upholstery is available in various fabrics, like cotton and velvet.
With research into Ethan Allen’s sofa collections, you can find the best sofas for your space. Furniture reviews on comfort and quality help you make an informed decision. Choosing the right model will ensure enjoyment for years to come.