Benji Madden, the dynamic lead guitarist and backing vocalist for rock band Good Charlotte, and the newly married Mr. Cameron Diaz, just purchased a new mid-century modern home on the “Dona” streets of Studio City, California.
Best known for his work on chart toppers like “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous” and “I Don’t Wanna Be in Love (Dance Floor Anthem),” Madden and the band have produced six hits that reached Billboards Top 100 charts.
In addition to being in the wildly popular band, Madden is well known as a tattoo artist and connoisseur himself. In 2015 he made headlines when he debuted a new skull tattoo (that would be a tattoo on his skull, of a skull) designed by artist-to-the-stars Scott Campbell, who charges up to $1,000 per hour for his work.
Benji and his brother Joel have also served as judges on the popular singing show “The Voice Australia since 2015. It’s currently unknown if they’ll be returning for the 2017 season.
Details about the Home
Benji scored his new home back in February 2017 for $2.187 million. It features 2,483 square feet of living space in a four bedroom, four bathroom layout. The Mid-Century modern design blends with contemporary lines and finishes in this ultimate party house.
The home is a step up from his $1.495 million Nichols Canyon home that he sold in 2015, right as he and now wife Cameron Diaz tied the knot.
The new home was built in 1964 but has undergone a complete update. Nestled in a gated community, it combines luxury finishes with an open floor plan and a layout that compliments the indoor/outdoor aesthetic prevalent in California.
Wide windows bring in natural light, and high-end features like natural stone, a waterfall island in the kitchen, and a layout built for entertaining make the home a perfect fit for the musician.
What I Love About This House
- Located in a secure and posh neighborhood, the home has one heck of a view. The rolling hilly California landscape means you can always catch the sunset, and while it’s not the only home on the street, the way it’s positioned give Madden lots of privacy for enjoying the outdoor pool.
- The design choices in the home are unique, and a perfect fit for the rocker lifestyle. The sleek, contemporary lines of the furniture match the architecture, and funky details like vertical gray subway tile in the bathrooms add finishes that are both unexpected and a natural fit.
- The master bathroom features high-end fixtures, marble countertops, and a door that opens directly out to the pool and lush backyard.
- The master bedroom has a full-length floor-to-ceiling retractable sliding door that opens the entire room up to the outdoors, allowing lots of natural light to brighten and lighten the space.
- The fully renovated kitchen has a beautiful waterfall island, shiny white cabinets, marble countertops, and high-end finishes.
- The open floor plan combines the living, dining, and kitchen, and the fireplace is a standout feature in the home. Covered in dark marble with white veining, it’s not only the heart of the home but a conversation piece.
Here you can take a visual tour of the modern property.
Image Source: Trulia
Image Source: Trulia
Map of the Area
Here is a map of “Dona Drive” in Studio City, California.
Interview with Benji Madden
While it pales in comparison to his new bride, Benji Madden’s net worth is $14 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com
Home Stratosphere is an award-winning home and garden online publication that’s a result of our talented researchers and writers who work directly with hundreds of professional interior designers, furniture designers, landscape designers and architects from around the world to create helpful, informative, entertaining and inspiring articles and design galleries.