Deciding your primary bedroom layout can both be easy and tricky. It’s easy because you have only a few furniture pieces to deal with. Keeping in mind the room’s single-purpose should serve as a guide. If you want your bedroom to remain a sanctuary, bringing the TV in should be out of the question.
Yet planning your primary bedroom layout can also be challenging because you’re dealing with some of the largest pieces of furniture in your house. The room’s size also makes for a difficult equation especially when it’s long and narrow or is a tight fit and demands space-saving.
You can maximize space and enhance the bedroom’s visual at the same time by limiting furnishings, accessories, and patterns. The bedroom should paint a calm and relaxing atmosphere so it would do more harm than good overcrowding it with fussy decorations or a host of busy patterns. Remember, you’ll be staying a good amount of time in your bedroom so you might as well do the layout right.
1. Walk-In Closet Facing the Bed with Fireplace and 2 Chairs and Round Table
It’s a traditional layout with an en-suite bathroom right next to the bed for easy access when you find yourself up several times during the night. The layout is also functional with the walk-in closet facing the bed so you don’t have to keep running back and forth just to get dressed. There’s also enough space for a cozy seating area with a fireplace to keep warm with a book on chilly nights.
2. En-suite Bathroom at the Left Side of the Bed with Fireplace, Sectional Sofa, Center Table, and Walk-In Closet at the Front
This is a similar layout to the previous one but with bigger space for a larger seating area. The en-suite bathroom is almost half the size of the entire primary bedroom and is found near the right side of the bed. There’s an addition of a console table to the left side of the bed that’s perfect for display items.
3. En-suite Bathroom and Walk-In Closet at the Left Side with a Three-Seater Sofa and Center Table Facing the Bed and a Sliding Door at the Right Side Leading to the Balcony
The bed has easy access to both the en-suite bathroom and the balcony. There’s no need for a TV or fussy decorations in the bedroom since the floor-to-ceiling windows offer enough viewing pleasures with the unobstructed view of the enticing outdoors.
4. King Size Bed Facing the Flat Screen TV with Large Balcony to the Left Side and to the Right Side the En-Suite Bathroom and Walk-In Closet
This bedroom is designed to entertain with a flat-screen TV facing the bed and just next to it a large bedroom balcony that’s perfect for outdoor breakfasts or just to relax and enjoy the fresh air on a lazy Sunday morning.
5. Bathroom Right Next to the Primary Bedroom with Closet to the Room’s Left Side and 2 Chairs and Corner Table to the Right Side
This is similar to the first layout on this list. It’s a traditional straightforward room arrangement that provides easy access to the en-suite bathroom and closet with the main door in between and facing the bed. A small seating area by the window makes the perfect spot to ruminate while enjoying a cup of coffee at daybreak.
6. Large En-Suite Bathroom Facing the Bed with Walk-In Closet to the Right Side
This is another straightforward layout with a singularity of purpose and emphasis on space. By ditching the unnecessary, you can enjoy a king size bed with bedside tables on each side right at the heart of your primary bedroom. The bed faces a large en-suite bathroom while a large walk-in closet is just a few steps from the right side of the bed.
7. King Size Bed Facing the En-Suite Bathroom and Balcony with Walk-In Closet to the Left Side
This layout enjoys a spacious distraction-free ambiance with unobstructed access to separate key areas of the primary bedroom, namely the walk-in closet to the left, and the side-by-side en-suite bathroom and balcony to the front of the bed.
8. King Size Bed Facing the TV with Fireplace, Two Accent Chairs, and Closet to the Left Side and a Bathroom Just Outside the Primary Bedroom
The primary bedroom is packed with a console table to the right side, a flat-screen TV facing the bed, and to the left side is the fireplace, a small seating area, and a reach-in closet. There’s no more space for the bathroom but it’s conveniently located just next to the bedroom.
9. Queen Size Bed Facing the Walk-In Closet and En-Suite Bathroom with Daybed Sofa to the Right Side
A large daybed sofa with throw pillows can be a multifunctional decorative statement. It can add a splash of colors and texture elements to the room and even serve as a comfy spot to plunge into especially when a friend crashes in on a spontaneous sleepover.
10. Long and Narrow Primary Bedroom Layout with Small Home Office, Walk-In Closet, and En-Suite Bathroom
The primary bedroom leads directly to the en-suite bathroom with the walk-in closet next before reaching the heart of the room. There’s just enough space for one bedside table next to the bed as the extra space makes way for a tiny home office.
11. Long and Narrow Primary Bedroom Layout with a Seating Area, 2 Walk-In Closets for Him and for Her, and En-Suite Bathroom
The primary bedroom leads to the heart of the room with a corner seating area by the window and sliding door that leads to the balcony. The most distinctive part, however, is how it efficiently makes use of the space leading to the en-suite bathroom with two walk-in closets for the primary and for the lady of the house.
12. Primary Bedroom with En-Suite Bathroom, 2 Seating Areas, and a Closet
This primary bedroom is ideal for those who value intimacy, convenience, and entertainment. There’s a flat-screen TV facing the bed and a couple of seating areas nearer to the bed than the en-suite bathroom.
13. King Size Bed Facing the TV and En-Suite Bathroom with Walk-In Closet and a Seating Area
An angled primary bedroom such as this can benefit from floor-to-ceiling windows. Place the bed near the windows so you can plop down and enjoy unobstructed views outdoors and position the seating area in such a way that it faces the windows so you can sit down and still enjoy the best views in the room.