With so many furniture options from West Elm, relying solely on manufacturer descriptions can lead to disappointing purchases that don’t live up to their claims.
West Elm has been one of my go-to brands whenever clients request top-notch furniture. Avoid buyer’s remorse and wasted money on low-quality products by reading through West Elm furniture reviews that provide an in-depth analysis before going furniture shopping.
Ultimate West Elm Furniture Picks
With endless customization options and quality construction, West Elm’s sofas provide superior comfort and style.
In particular, the West Elm Andes Sectional stands out with its deep-seated modular design that you can reconfigure to fit any space.
For these detailed West Elm furniture reviews, these are my other top recommendations on the brand’s furniture pieces:
- Acorn Mid-Century Desk: Stylish design and ample workspace for an affordable price point compared to similar desks.
- Finley Low-Back Dining Chair: Sleek mid-century look that works with various dining table designs.
- Andes Side Storage Bed Frame: Maximizes bedroom storage while looking great with its solid wood headboard.
- Silky TENCEL Plush Comforter: Provides a luxurious feel for better sleep comfort.
- Ikat Border Shag Rug: Makes a fun boho-chic statement with its vibrant pattern and soft texture.
- Light Rods LED Semi-Flushmount: Provides an optimal mix of illumination and ambiance.
- Cotton Velvet Curtain: Pairs light-blocking efficiency with an elegant, rich look.
1. West Elm Sofa Reviews
A recent study found that the average person spends more than 20% of their 24 hours in their living areas. West Elm’s large selection of sofa collections fits every style. You can choose from over 100 different upholstery options in some cases, whether you want a deep-seated couch, sleeper sofa, or chaise lounge.
The Andes Sectional Sofa tops my list because of its comfortable back cushions and several configurations for my ever-changing interior designs.
- Key details: Customizable options, deep-seated modular sectionals
- Pros: Quality construction, lots of fabrics and customization
- Cons: Large sizes are difficult to fit through doorways
2. West Elm Desk and Coffee Table Reviews
West Elm offers a myriad of unique coffee tables and desks. From pop-up storage tables to coffee tables with geometric designs, there’s an interesting design that can be the center of attention in your rooms.
For instance, the Acorn Mid-Century Desk gives my study room a ’50s and ’60s-inspired vintage charm. I also appreciate the white glove delivery date on the tables.
- Key details: Wood and metal materials, affordable full-price
- Pros: Stylish designs, ample workspaces
- Cons: Assembly required
3. West Elm Dining Furniture Reviews
I first discovered West Elm’s dining collection because of its modern styles with clean lines. I was even able to choose the color and fabric. You can use various styles for dining tables, chair sets, bar stools, benches, buffet tables, expandable tables, sideboards, bar carts, and storage solutions.
I bought the West Elm Finley Low-Back Dining Chair years ago. Fast forward to the present, my dining room table continues to receive compliments because of the sand-distressed velvet fabric that gives it a sleek look.
- Key details: Industrial and rustic styles, a wide range of prices
- Pros: Lots of options from counter height to benches, good quality
- Cons: Seat cushions tend to flatten over time
4. West Elm Bedroom Collection Reviews
From bedframes that stand out to both classic and unique takes on dressers and nightstands, West Elm provides a variety of collections for bedroom furniture. Whether you prefer mixed materials like wood and lacquer or prefer the classic, sleek wood stylings, there are several West Elm bedroom collections for you.
Among my favorite West Elm products is the Andes Side Storage Bed Frame because I can customize the headboard, legs, and fabric while getting discrete yet functional side drawers.
- Key details: Premium wood construction, storage options
- Pros: High-end look for less, good-quality hardwood
- Cons: Challenging assembly
5. West Elm Bedding Reviews
Whether you run hot or cold during the night, a high-quality set of West Elm bedding can help you get the best night’s sleep. Its bedding selection is durable enough for daily use and can survive washing.
I particularly like the Silky TENCEL™ Plush Comforter & Shams because of its sustainable botanic fibers that don’t irritate my skin. Despite its silky and luxurious feel, it has moisture-wicking powers that regulate body temperature for a good night’s sleep.
- Key details: Organic cotton and TENCEL materials, a variety of patterns and textures
- Pros: Hypoallergenic options, washes well
- Cons: Pilling reported on some styles
6. West Elm Rug Reviews
There are several gorgeous handcrafted rug options at West Elm to inspire your rooms. Whether you’re looking for that vintage pop in a minimalist living area, a transitional rug to work in an open layout, or a quality, durable protectant for your hardwood floors, there’s a rug for you!
The Ikat Border Shag Rug is among my best finds because of its pet-friendly and high-quality New Zealand wool. The easy-to-maintain fibers make it convenient to clean and style.
- Key details: Natural fibers like jute and wool, handmade options
- Pros: Good quality for price, feel cushy underfoot
- Cons: Shedding and pilling in some styles
7. West Elm Lighting Reviews
I rely on West Elm to find beautiful and unique lighting pieces to brighten up homes. Over the years, my purchased items include table and floor lamps, modern chandeliers, flush mounts, ceiling lights, sculptural lighting, and pendants.
I absolutely love the West Elm Light Rods LED Semi-Flush Mount in dark bronze because it serves as a statement light for my living room.
- Key details: Designs that create a visual interest, smart technology options
- Pros: Reliable performance, easy to install
- Cons: More expensive compared to other brands
8. West Elm Curtain Reviews
After trying out different brands, I still return to West Elm curtains and window treatments because they can tone down glare and direct sunlight and give an ethereal feel to rooms.
I can see why the West Elm Cotton Velvet Curtain is a bestseller. Its relaxed take on velvet with a matte finish keeps outdoor light at bay at my home office while elevating my interior.
- Key details: Blackout options, classic and modern styles
- Pros: Quality fabrics, easy to hang
- Cons: Limited selection
Discovering the West Elm Store
Founded in 2002 by the retail powerhouse Williams Sonoma Inc., West Elm was created to meet the market’s demand for high-quality, classic designs at affordable pricing. Their primary vision is to help their customers express their personal style at home. Aside from West Elm furniture reviews, here’s what I’ve observed about the company:
- The store offers free home design services. I just called customer service, and a salesperson connected me to a skilled and trained interior designer who came to my home and helped me create the perfect space.
- Eco-conscious shoppers will appreciate the brand’s GREENGUARD Gold Certified organic and handcrafted materials. Most of its collections use solid and engineered wood, marble, glass, concrete, and recycled fabrics they source from small businesses.
- I also got a West Elm credit card to score rewards and deals on the total cost. The Key, the brand’s rewards program, lets shoppers earn 3% cashback on purchases. I also use it on purchases across their family of brands, including Mark & Graham and Pottery Barn.
- I would like the store to have better customer service. I’ve encountered people who tried contacting customer service and failed to get any response. Likewise, some industry colleagues and customers have left reviews about poor customer service on the West Elm website.
- The shop has a delivery window of four to five days. I haven’t had delivery issues since then. I can rely on a store associate from the West Elm customer service team to answer my delivery company concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does West Elm Have Good Products?
Yes, West Elm is known for having stylish, good-quality products with many customization options at affordable prices compared to other retailers. Their in-house designers focus on durable constructions with on-trend mid-century modern and rustic-inspired details, preventing very poor quality outcomes.
What Is So Special About West Elm Furniture?
West Elm Furniture stands out due to its commitment to ethical production, sustainability, and supporting artisans that other retailers lack. Over 20% of their inventory is handmade. It was the first major company to offer Fair Trade-certified home goods.
Is West Elm Furniture Popular?
Yes, West Elm furniture has become very popular over the last 10 years thanks to its combination of attractive designs, customization, reasonable prices, and environmental sustainability focus. There are over a hundred West Elm stores globally.
Over the years of using West Elm furniture for my home and clients’ interiors, it’s clear they offer high-quality, stylish furniture with great customization options at reasonable prices. While no retailer is perfect, the brand remains devoted to sustainable practices and supporting artisans to provide pieces you can add to your home.