Amazing collection of 84 famous historic mansions in the USA. Examples from every part of the USA including the East Coast, Southeast, the South, Southwest, Westcoast and the Midwest.
69 to 82: Newport, Rhode Island Mansions
Where are the famous Newport, RI mansions built during the gilded age?
Have no fear. We put together a special edition featuring 13 incredible gilded age mansions in Newport, Rhode Island here.
83. Pasadena Cultural Heritage House
There is a house in Pasadena that is considered as a cultural heritage landmark and was featured as the 2010 Pasadena Showcase House of Design. This house is now on the market priced at $10.5 million.
About the Pasadena Cultural Heritage House
- Where: Pasadena, California, United States of America
- When: 1920
- Who built it: Lewis Parson Hobart
- Current owners: Craven Family
- Cost: $10.5 million
- Size: 14 acres
84. Newly Restored 1926 White Oaks Mansion
The newly restored White Oaks Mansion is located in Buckhead, Atlanta, and built back in 1926. This mansion, considered to be one of Buckhead’s historic estates is now on the market priced at $13.25 million.
About the White Oaks Mansion
- Where: Buckhead, Atlanta, United States of America
- When: 1926
- Who built it: Henry Irby
- Current owners: n/a
- Cost: $13.25 million
- Size: 3.75 acres
Which is the biggest historic mansion?
Biltmore, by far. It has an astonishing 175,000 sq. ft.
Which is the most expensive historic mansion?
It’s difficult to know for sure, but here’s a list of historic houses that cost a lot of money. You could say they don’t build them like that anymore.
- Vizcaya is estimated to have cost $26 million in 1914. That’s $655 million in 2018 dollars.
- Hearst Castle is estimated it cost $500 million in 2012 dollars.
Then there’s the Vanderbilt family which spent fortunes on mansions.
- Marble House in Rhode Island cost $11 million in 1892 which is approximately $308 million in 2018 dollars.
- Biltmore (Vanderbilt family yet again), cost about $6 million in 1895, which is approximately $180 million in 2018 dollars.
- The Breakers (yet another Vanderbilt family house) cost $7 million in 1893, which is about $212 million in 2018.
Home Stratosphere Giveaways...
Enter to Win Small Appliances
We're giving away all kinds of top small appliances including a Vitamix blender, Instant Pot, Juicer, Food Processor, Stand Mixer and a Keurig Coffee Maker.