Finding the best accent chairs with an ottoman can be a decorating dilemma. Your seating area can seem mismatched and hastily thrown together without the combination.
Coming from years of experience in the interior design industry, I’ve gathered the best chair and ottoman sets to help you create a polished, pulled-together space.
My Top Recommendations for Accent Chairs with Ottomans
The best overall accent chair with an ottoman is the Ocean Bridge Aiyana Barrel Chair. This luxurious, tufted chair features a classic barrel silhouette and matching ottoman for a timeless and refined look perfect for any space. The high-density foam and soft velvet upholstery provide exceptional comfort as well.
- The Oneinmil Tufted Reclining Chair is one of the best for sleeping and lounging thanks to its adjustable recline and retractable footrest to rest your feet. The soft bonded leather and generously padded cushioning enable comfortable relaxation.
- For outdoor spaces, the Patio Chair With a Pull-Out Ottoman Set produced by Pamapic is another top pick. This durable set withstands weather and has thick cushions for comfort.
- If you want premium velvet, the AllModern Barlet Upholstered Chair is ideal. The luxe velvet and channel tufting give this set a sophisticated look and feel.
- The Sofamania Orange Chair is one of the best chairs and ottoman sets for storage and practicality. The base lifts to reveal hidden storage space for blankets, books, or other items.
Having multiple ottomans in living spaces is handy, so I’m giving you a range of options with varying features.
|Ocean Bridge Aiyana Barrel
|Traditional tufted barrel
|High quality soft cushion
|Oneinmil Tufted Reclining
|Rattan with polyester fabric
|AllModern Barlet Upholstered
|Hidden storage in base
|Picket House Emery
|Transitional track arms
|Nailhead trim detailing
|Avenue Six Tustin
|Horizontal channel tufting
|Angled arms and legs
|Roundhill Furniture Wonda
|Modern chrome frame
|Transitional track arms
|Monarch Burnt Yellow
|Slanted chrome legs
|Angled arms and legs
|Zuo Modern Bully Black
|Square, thin cushioned
|Exposed wood frame
|Coaster Furniture Butto
|Top grain leather
|Low profile, armless
|Linen polyester blend
|Leather & wood
|Premium, iconic design
|Splayed angular legs
|Christopher Knight Hariate
|Design Within Reach Womb
|Iconic curved shape
|Olodumare Chesterfield Barrel
|Footstool with a tray
|Traditional rolled arms
|Antique brass nailheads
|Depointer Low Profile Recliner
|Extra cushioned, high
|Reclines, track arms
|Linen polyester blend
|Angled wood legs
|Corrigan Studio Ayres Lounge
|Slanted wood legs
|Gus Modern Tallin
|Angled back with channel tufting
1. Ocean Bridge Aiyana Barrel Chair With Ottoman
The Ocean Bridge Aiyana Barrel Chair from Ocean Bridge has a matching round footstool. It’s a very popular style for which you can choose many patterns and opt for fabric or leather. The best part about this ottoman set with a half backrest is that it’s not very expensive.
- Uses a high-quality cotton blend for ultimate comfort
- The reinforced cushion can serve as a footrest
- The footstool is a bit higher than usual
2. Oneinmil Tufted Chair With Ottoman
The Oneinmil Fabric Recliner Chair includes a backrest that lets you adjust in various sitting positions. You can even recline all the way down for napping. This lounge chair and ottoman set remains a cozy yet statement piece perfect for home libraries or offices.
- Includes ultra-pillowy cushioning and an extra plush ottoman top
- Can support heavy weight because of its pinewood frame and upgraded hinges
- Thick material is prone to absorbing stains
3. Pamapic Chair With Pull-Out Ottoman Set
I recommend investing in this patio chair with a pull-out ottoman from Pamapic if your backyard has limited space. The lounge seat provides convenient armchair and chaise options as you accommodate guests or family.
- Uses a rattan and wicker blend to resist weather
- Maximizes space by letting you tuck the ottomans underneath the chairs
- The weave may become loose over time
4. AllModern Barlet Upholstered Chair With Ottoman
This ultra-plush ottoman from AllModern is a sleek, modern chair. Upholstered with super comfy cushions, this lounge chair and ottoman set comes in various shades like gray, forest green, and mauve. The round ottoman is also a unique accessory.
- Elegantly curved for trendy aesthetics
- Uses plush cushioning that lasts well for years
- The ottoman lacks legs, so it’s prone to wobbling
5. Sofamania Orange Chair With Ottoman
This orange chair from Sofamania will attract attention. The lounge seat can brighten up a conservative earth tone color scheme very nicely or brighten up an all-white color scheme.
- Includes a secret storage compartment in the base
- Uses high-density foam for long-lasting use
- Prone to wrinkling
6. Picket House Emery Chair With Ottoman
This blue Emery Chair from Picket House is one of my favorite designs. With a matching footrest, this lounge chair and ottoman set make a great piece in many color schemes, including white, gray, or even a room with a wooden aesthetic. The dark blue adds a splash of color without being too bright.
- Perfect for interiors with a clean-lined, modern style
- Uses solid hardwood covered in thick foam and high-quality polyester upholstery
- May be too firm for some people
7. Avenue Six Tustin Faux Leather Chair With Ottoman
This red chair from Avenue Six will make a great statement piece. While I love the lounge style, it isn’t as comfortable as the others, given it has no arms. Despite that, the curves would look great in any modern or contemporary interior design.
- Sleek and modern chair with beautiful stitching
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Quite heavy at 42 pounds
8. Reach Upholstered Chair With Ottoman
This gray chair from Reach gives a subtle elegance, especially in a white bedroom. The modern chair and ottoman set combines dark gray and a chrome base for a polished yet practical look.
- Features plush deep-seated fabric cushions and a well-positioned vertical head for posture support
- The polished steel base makes it easy to clean
- Fabric is prone to wear and tear
9. Roundhill Furniture Wonda Chair With Ottoman
The Wonda chair from Roundhill Furniture is the perfect lounge chair with a backrest if you prefer a classic white color. This white lounge chair and ottoman set fits any color scheme. The big glaring problem is stains.
- Bonded leather upholstery with excellent sunlight resistance
- Padded seat cushion
- May require regular cleaning
10. Hillsboro Brown Chair With Ottoman
I’m a sucker for big, masculine chairs with a bold personality. The bigger, taller, and deeper, the better. I love the masculine, old-world design of the Hillsboro Leather Chair.
- Lined with plywood and covered with foam and fiber to prevent stretching or sagging
- Thick cushion creates deep, comfortable seating
- Cowhide Leather requires regular care
11. Monarch Burnt Yellow Chair With Ottoman
A lounge chair is an opportunity to add color, whether it’s the bedroom, family room, or other living space. This chair from Monarch features a burnt yellow hue, further tempered by the white circular pattern in the fabric.
- Features deep, wide seat and a backrest that curves to form integrated armrests for comfort and support
- Uses square solid wooden legs for stability
- The cotton blend is susceptible to discoloration
12. Simple Relax Purple Chair With Ottoman
While I’m not wild about purple decor, I like this chair’s tufted design from Simple Relax. The traditional and contemporary elements created a bold lounge chair.
- Contains high-density yet soft foam for comfort
- The use of sal wood makes the set resistant to fungi, water, and termites
- The fabric may easily absorb spilled drinks
13. Zuo Modern Bully Black Chair With Ottoman
I don’t like dark interior design, yet I like adding dark contrast to light rooms. A black chair from Zuo Modern can do that nicely. The exposed wooden frame of this chair and ottoman set minimizes the glossy black.
- The shiny upholstery provides a sleek, smooth finish
- Includes floor protectors to prevent floor surfaces from scratching
- The combination of Polyurethane and wood makes the set more expensive than the others
14. Coaster Furniture Butto Leather Chair With Ottoman
I guess I like an old-world look, as I got easily attracted to this tufted chair from Coaster Furniture. This classic wing-back design is perfect for a formal space.
- The red-brown finish adorns the raised arms
- The nailhead trim suits farmhouse interiors
- Prone to scratches and marks
15. Vendome White Faux Leather Small Chair With Ottoman
- Includes a chrome finish pedestal and swivel full 360 degrees
- Uses durable faux leather
- White fabric is quite challenging to maintain
16. Kardiel Twill Swivel Chair With Ottoman
Kids aren’t the only ones who like chairs that swivel. Like this twill swivel chair from Kardiel, it lets you face any direction in rooms at any time. This lounge chair and ottoman set can be helpful if you need to swivel to or away from a window.
- Houndstooth twill fabric conceals wrinkles very well
- Has tension tilt and a 360-deBlack gree swivel function
- Poses safety risks if not assembled properly
17. Modway Tufted Charcoal Chair With Ottoman
Transform the corner of your rooms with this tufted charcoal chair from Modway that can bring a simple and timeless elegance. Its clean lines radiate a classic aesthetic without looking too obtrusive.
- Lets you select colorways to coordinate with existing items seamlessly
- Has a slight sloping recline for maximum relaxation while reading
- May need to add a pillow to boost comfort
18. Design Within Reach Eames Lounge Chair With Ottoman
The Eames lounge chair features a mid-century classic design popular among collectors. While this chair and ottoman set have a high price tag, it justifies the cost by having seven shell finishes and several high-end upholstery options.
- The combination of soft leather or mohair with molded wood creates a sophisticated look
- Uses molded wood shells filled with removable cushions
- Significantly high price tag
19. Lupin Taupe Chair With Ottoman
This modern chair in taupe is an excellent choice if you need a recliner and backrest. You can angle the seat backward as you enjoy reading or resting. Additionally, you can position the footstool forward to relieve pressure on the body.
- Constructed with thick polyester padding for comfort
- The backrest provides lumbar support
- Look too casual
20. Christopher Knight Home Hariate Contour Chair With Ottoman
This chair from Christopher Knight Home is among my favorites because of its charming mid-century aesthetic. The wingback chair and ottoman set come upholstered in sunny, muted yellow to lift the atmosphere of rooms.
- Uses ash wood framing that guarantees durability
- The side wings trap heat and secure your body in the seat
- A bit lightweight, so you’ll need to balance yourself when getting up
21. Everly Quinn Mayer Upholstered Slipper Chair With Ottoman
This slipper chair from Everly Quinn is another crowd favorite because the design is convenient for dressing. I particularly like this design because of its geometric pattern and quilter upholstery that can brighten rooms.
- Constructed using rubber and hardwood for durability
- Eye-catching diamond-shaped upholstery
- The footstool is prone to wobbling
22. Christopher Knight Home Classic Club Chair With Ottoman
This classic club chair from Christopher Knight Home gets a charming contemporary take. What I like the most about this chair and ottoman set is its button tufting and nailhead trimming that complement most interiors.
- Includes removable cushions and covers for easy cleaning
- Uses high-density foam to prevent deformation
- The chair is stiffer compared to the others
23. Design Within Reach Womb Chair With Ottoman
Even though Eero Saarinen designed the iconic womb chair in the 1940s, it remains popular nowadays because of its futuristic look. Like this womb chair and ottoman, the sculptural form gives a cozy feel as you stretch out or curl up.
- Available in leather and fabric upholstery
- Egg shape encourages a relaxed sitting posture.
- Thin legs may not support a heavy weight
24. Olodumare Chesterfield Barrel Chair with Ottoman
This elegant barrel chair from Olodumare features a classic Chesterfield look that radiates elegance. It comes with a plush, round ottoman that can serve as a footrest. One of the best things about this chair and ottoman set is that the upholstered lid can hold accessories or drinks.
- Created with plush cushions for support and comfort
- Features a half-curved back and side swoop for an elegant feel
- The rubber wooden frame is prone to warping
25. Depointer Low Profile Recliner Chair with Ottoman
The Depointer Low Profile Reclient Chair is one of my best finds, as this low-profile design is perfect for entertainment and video game rooms. It offers three position settings and a swivel function, letting me adjust my seat position comfortably as I watch or play.
- Higher footstool to improve better blood flow as you place your feet
- Uses soft cotton that retains its form
- The seat fabric is prone to pet scratches and marks
26. Modway Mid-Century Armchair With Ottoman
This mid-century armchair from Modway is a great option if you need an oversized chair that looks generously proportioned. Detailed lines and a distinct polyester fabric give this ottoman set a classic yet practical look.
- Remains steady on the floor even if it holds a lot of body weight
- Supportive cushions and a sturdy frame ensure durability
- Fabric is prone to wet marks
27. Corrigan Studio Ayres Lounge Chair with Ottoman
Some interiors require low-profile designs, and the Corrigan Studio Ayres Lounge Chair is the perfect small accent chair with ottoman for such aesthetics. This winged backrest and curved ottoman set has a walnut finish that gives off a classic yet practical look.
- The use of rubberwood makes the chair and ottoman set scratch-resistant
- Shallow seat depth makes it feel like a regular sofa
- May need to add pillows for better comfort
28. Gus Modern Tallin Back Chair With Ottoman
What I love the most about the Gus Modern Tallin Chair is its high backrest, which is perfect for resting, reading, or even working at home. This chair and ottoman set combines Scandinavian archetypes and contemporary aesthetics to balance a classic and functional look.
- The steel frame complements most interior styles
- Includes flared arms for support as you write, eat, or work on a laptop
- The steel frame may leave some marks on hardwood floors
Reasons to Buy an Accent Chair and an Ottoman Set
The main reason why you should opt for a set is because you get a matching ottoman. You may not be able to find a complementary ottoman available down the road. Also, an ottoman makes a chair much more comfortable by letting you rest your feet.
My recommendations feature a huge variety from many leading online furniture stores. I’ve split up the galleries into various colors as well as features such as leather, small, modern, and swivel.
The comfort level increases exponentially when you get an ottoman, and the price usually doesn’t increase that much. For sale and inexpensive chairs, check out this list of chairs for under $100.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Ottoman Have to Match the Accent Chair?
While it’s nice for the ottoman to coordinate with the chair, it doesn’t necessarily have to be an exact match. Having some contrast in colors or patterns can make the pairing more visually interesting. The key is ensuring the styles work well together.
How Do You Coordinate an Accent Chair With an Ottoman?
When pairing an accent chair with an ottoman, consider the chair’s style, whether you need modern, traditional, or eclectic. Then, find one that has a similar shape and complementary fabric or finish. Repetition of colors, textures, and patterns can help the pieces feel cohesive.
Should Chairs Be the Same Color As The Ottoman?
Matching the accent chair and ottoman color is one option, although it’s not required. Varying shades of the same hue or contrasting yet complementary colors can create a more dynamic look. Just ensure the color palette aligns with your overall scheme.
Carefully selecting an accent chair and well-coordinated ottoman pulls your decor together, elevates the look of your space, and provides stylish, comfortable seating for you and your guests. Keep these chair and ottoman set options in mind, and you’ll easily create a fabulous accent seating area.