Building your own gazebo? Start with a great design and blueprint which you can easily create with any of these terrific gazebo design software options set out below. We did the research and provide screenshots of each software platform so you can see what’s right for you.
A gazebo is an excellent backyard structure if you like dining or relaxing while covered. They look terrific too. I used to have on and we used it all the time.
Table of Contents
1. Lugarde 3D-configurator
Lugarde 3D-configurator is a free online software created by Lugarde, a company that designs and produces summerhouses, log cabins, verandas, gazebos, wooden garages, carports and holiday homes. The software can be accessed within the company website and is free to use. It will only ask you to register an account with them when you want to save your design.
The program has a very easy and user-friendly interface. Aside from a quick YouTube video tutorial and a detailed written description of how to use the software, Lugarde 3D-configurator also has additional helpful tips within the interface that make the design experience such a breeze.
To start a gazebo project, you simply need to click on the gazebo template from the home page and then you can start adding the walls, posts, roofs, etc.
Once you’ve completed the project, the final page will automatically generate a quotation summary of your design as well as a summary of everything you’ve incorporated in the project. You can then save the final result and even share it with friends on Facebook.
- Free online software
- 2D plan with automatic 3D rendering
- Work on split mode
- Cost summary of the final design
- Share on Facebook
- Easy to use
- Free to use
- Comes with a free quote of the design
- Plenty of options for doors and windows
- Limited design choices
- Can’t set precise dimensions
Lugarde 3D-configurator Video
Click here for Lugarde 3D-configurator
2. Realtime Landscaping Architect 2018 by Idea Spectrum
Realtime Landscaping Architect 2018 is one of the three landscape design software by Idea Spectrum. Compared with the other two products by Idea Spectrum, this one may be the most expensive one but it’s also the one that offers the complete package. It’s also the only one with a CAD drawing feature so this makes it a good choice by professionals.
It’s a paid software but offers a free trial which can be downloaded through its website. However, you’ll need to purchase the product in order to fully take advantage of what it can do.
To get started, a welcome menu will prompt you to start a new design, use a sample template or even work on an imported image. The tools can be found at the top and left side of the screen. It’s easy to familiarize with the tools and features because a dialogue box appears each time the cursor hovers on an icon. The menus at the top are used for customizing objects.
You can work on either the Plan view or Perspective view which are 2D and 3D views, respectively. The Walkthrough view lets you navigate in the 3D mode.
- Design professional landscape plans
- Create effective presentations and videos
- Powerful, yet easy to use design tools
- 17,000 objects, including 7,400 plants
- Simultaneous 2D and 3D Design
- Many different design types of plan designs
- High-Quality Plants
- Create Swimming Pools and Spas
- Design Irrigation Systems
- Create Cost Estimates and Material Lists
- Deck Design Made Easy
- Design Patios, Fencing, Driveways, and More
- Plants from Every Planting Zone
- Design over a Photo or in Realistic 3D
- Design Single and Multi-Story Houses
- Garden Design and More
- Add Lawn Furniture, Outdoor Kitchens, and More
- Realistic Pavers, Brick, Stone, and More
- Landscape Sloping or Uneven Property
- Design Custom Ponds and Water Features
- DWG, DXF, and PDF Import
- Design Landscape Lighting
- Compelling Client Presentations
- Costs USD$399.95
- Runs on Windows
- A realistic visual presentation of drawings
- Versatile and user-friendly
- Can be used for more than landscaping purposes
- Takes time to learn all the features
- Limited trees and fencing
Realtime Landscaping Architect 2018 Video
Click here for Idea Spectrum
VizTerra by Structure Studios is a 3D pool and landscaping design software. It’s a paid software that offers a non-downloadable free trial version or a scheduled live demo. When you click on the Free Trial Download button, you’ll be prompted to register an account with them and then you will be notified that a company representative will shortly be in touch for your request.
The user interface has a grid for a working space while the applications bar is found on top of the screen and the panel menu at the right.
VizTerra follows a logical step by step process represented by the five different icons at the top of the panel menu. The pencil icon stands for the design phase, the wood block for the material phase, the plant for landscaping phase, then the finalize and construction phases. For every phase, you need to go through and complete the stages in order. The design phase has eight stages, including the project info, house, walls and fences, terrain, water features, hardscapes, planters, and custom shapes.
- 2D drawings and instant 3D renderings in just one click
- Customizable construction layer
- Custom colors
- Instant calculations
- High-resolution aerial imagery
- Smart design stages
- Smart library
- Interactive 3D
- Photo mode
- Video mode
- 360° immersive VR experience
- Costs USD$95/mo
- Runs on Windows
- Pretty visuals
- Powerful features and tools
- Takes time to learn
VizTerra Tutorial Video
Click here for VizTerra
4. Home Designer Suite
Home Designer Suite is a middle-of-the-line of the many software products by Chief Architect. It updates with a new version each year and can be downloaded from the website.
As a 3D home design software for DIY home enthusiasts, it tries to replicate the processes and considerations taken by professionals when it comes to home planning. When done right, the result can be comparable to professional work. Although it should be great news for the novice and simple DIYers with no CAD backgrounds, this also comes with its own downsides.
Getting to grips with the tools, buttons, and controls take time. Don’t expect to master the program overnight and certainly not in an hour.
Once you’re already starting your shed project, the program won’t allow you to just go on a roll and create right away. To start with a new plan, you’ll first have to deal with the House Builder Wizard which would ask you numerous questions about important details such as the style of the house, minimum square footage, framing defaults, exterior siding, etc. This software certainly demands patience to be a virtue.
The difference with Home Designer Suite from other design software is it doesn’t start with a drawing or a sketch but with a wall that’s built one at a time.
So to create a gazebo, go to the Build drop-down menu, Decks and Polygon Shaped Deck. There’s a detailed instruction to go about it posted on its website.
- 2D and 3D designs with automatic 3D rendering
- Automated tools
- Built-in style templates and 6,000+ library items
- Extensive landscaping tools
- Cost estimator
- Virtual 3D tour
- 3D viewer app
- Rotate symbols in 3D
- Home Designer Suite 2019 costs USD $99 with a 30-day refund warranty
- Compatible with MAC and PC
- Save designs to the Cloud
- Sophisticated features
- Professional-quality CAD tools
- Amount of tools can be overwhelming
- Entails a learning curve
- Limited to only one computer at a time
Home Designer Suite Video
Click here for Home Designer Suite
SketchUp is a 3D modeling software used for various drawing applications such as interior design, architecture, civil and mechanical engineering, film, and video game design. It allows you to build almost anything from scratch and be as meticulous as possible. The free software is called SketchUp Make and can be downloaded from the website. The paid version is called SketchUp Pro and is used by many professional architects.
Unlike many design software, users in SketchUp start with working in 3D. Another difference with SketchUp is it allows you to build everything and anything from scratch. This means there’s plenty of room for you to get wild and creative as you customize and add details. On the other hand, this can also mean that working with SketchUp can be complex.
Its user interface may be daunting at first but it’s actually pretty simple. The most commonly used tool is the pencil tool and push and pull tools. So the technique is mostly drawing then push and pull. That’s how most of the 3D models are created. This makes it easy to learn even for those with no CAD backgrounds. Within an hour, you’ll find yourself creating shapes and house models.
To start off, set the precision to Architectural since building a gazebo in SketchUp deals with geometrics. Then input the dimensions to model the actual dimensions of nominal lumber. This is what’s cool with this software. SketchUp allows you to be as realistic as it can get.
Make sure you understand the software’s concept of creating groups and compositions and modifying within those categories. The constructions process of a gazebo is basically a hierarchy of how you build things. You start off with the floor and roof, the posts, rails, and pickets.
- 2D models
- 3D models
- Its 3D Warehouse library of free 3D models is the world’s biggest
- Lighting effects
- Layer manager
- Add model view, drawing scales, line weights, dimensions, callouts, and graphics
- Precise dimensions
- Export to PDFs, images and CAD files
- Autosave and manually save in Sketchup format
- Import JPEGs, CAD plans, PDFs and other file types
- Works under Windows and MAC OS
- Available in 10 languages
- Has a free version
- Smart and intuitive software
- You can build and create anything with it
- Lets you add complex details
- A vast library of free 3D models as well as aesthetic design options
- Plenty of video tutorials
- Tablet version for androids and iPhones
- The free version doesn’t allow import of files
- Only the paid version allows export of files
- Shareable only within the 3D Warehouse
- A tendency to stop responding when the file becomes too heavy
SketchUp Demo Video
Click here for SketchUp