Your home’s garage storage is an important room in the house especially if you live in a small one. When there’s limited space, a carefully designed garage can go a long way in storing large, infrequently used items, outdoor equipment, seasonal items, and just about everything else you want to keep hidden until you’ll need them.
Unfortunately, most home garages end up cluttered and disorganized. As a part of your house, it doesn’t have to be that way. You can still make the most out of your garage as a storage room and keep it great-looking just as other parts of the house are.
In order to keep things more organized and clutter-free, you’ll have to add cabinets, wall racks, storage shelves, and other organizers. This will also free up your garage with more available space than you thought you had.
Most garages can accommodate tall and large-sized cabinets that can contain assorted items and hide them from view. Pay careful attention to your cabinets because they contribute a lot to the garage’s design.
Just like most of the garages you’ll see in the gallery, consider what theme you want to work on. Be as creative as you can get and just have fun with conceptualizing.
Another way to maximize space in your garage is by using built-ins. They can be built-in cabinets, built-in workbenchs, embedded wall racks, and even overhead ceiling racks.
You can keep your mountain bikes and skates out of the way by storing them in a sport racks. Slatwall organizers are also great for making tools and sport equipment easy to find and clutter-free.
Here’s a fun idea for those who don’t have to worry about maximizing space in the house. Why not turn your garage storage room into a practical space such as a garage man cave?
All garage storage designs by Closet Factory.
Table of Content
- A. 26 Awesome Garage Designs (Storage Ideas)
- 1. Garage with Slatwall Storage Wall, Cabinets and Bike Storage
- 2. Garage with Mudroom Corner and Tall Cabinets with Lucite Doors
- 3. Garage with Strong Masculine Colors
- 4. Garage with an Industrial Design Look
- 5. Garage for the Sportsmen with Custom Slatwalls
- 6. Garage for Sports Vehicles
- 7. Garage with Slatwalls, Workstation, and Framed Glass Door Fronts
- 8. Garage with Maple Melamine Cabinets
- 9. Garage with Sliding Doors for Maple Melamine Cabinets
- 10. Garage with Contemporary Look
- 11. Garage with Large Maple Melamine Cabinets, Wall Racks and Concavities
- 12. Garage with Melamine Cabinets and Open Shelves
- 13. Garage with Enclosed White Melamine Cabinets, Workbench and Open Tool Storage
- 14. Garage with Hardrock Maple with Black Extrusions on the Doors and Drawer Fronts
- 15. Garage with Tall Cabinets in Contrasting Colors and Handy Storage Underneath
- 16. Garage in Red and Gray Themed Colors
- 17. Garage with Black and White Melamine Cabinets and Butcher Block Countertops
- 18. Garage with Strong Embedded Wall Rack
- 19. Unisex Garage in Red and Black Color Theme
- 20. Garage with Adjustable Slatwalls
- 21. Elegant Silver and Black Garage System
- 22. Garage with Movable Melamine Smoke Island
- 23. Garage with Bronze Metal Cabinets
- 24. Garage with Red and Gray Melamine Cabinets and Storage Units
- 25. Garage with Side Wall Cabinets
- 26. Garage with Melamine Cabinets and Uppers with Lucite Inserts, Laundry, and Storage Area
- B. 3 Awesome Garage Man Caves
- C. Excellent Garage Storage Implements
A. 26 Awesome Garage Designs (Storage Ideas)
1. Garage with Slatwall Storage Wall, Cabinets and Bike Storage
An example of a well-organzed garage using a slatwall, vertical bicycle storage and garage cabinets. All storage implements are in off white to match garage interior. Garage floor is a polyaspartic flooring (see section C below).
2. Garage with Mudroom Corner and Tall Cabinets with Lucite Doors
There’s plenty of storage space for the entire family in this garage filled with tall cabinets with Lucite doors. A mudroom corner gives a neat finish for the overall room.
3. Garage with Strong Masculine Colors
Every inch of this garage screams of masculinity with its running theme of diesel black, platinum ice, and liquid silver from the tall cabinets down to the floors. Vertical storage for the garage tools are easy to spot in all black design.
4. Garage with an Industrial Design Look
This garage obviously takes its influence from industrial design with extravagant use of gray in steel shelving and gray doors on melamine boxes. The cold aura of the heavy duty design is set off by an assortment of earth colors.
5. Garage for the Sportsmen with Custom Slatwalls
Sports enthusiasts can hang their gear and equipment in the custom slatwalls that can accommodate large items such as surfboards and wetsuits to medium-sized and smaller items such as sports bags and racing helmets.
6. Garage for Sports Vehicles
This garage filled with blue and white high gloss melamine cabinets match colors with the blue-colored vehicles.
7. Garage with Slatwalls, Workstation, and Framed Glass Door Fronts
The expansive garage with perfectly blended colors of blue and white allow a show display for the owner’s sports vehicles. A set of slatwalls with a workstation and framed glass door fronts make it convenient for easy access and storing tools that can probably be used for future mechanical fixes.
8. Garage with Maple Melamine Cabinets
Large maple melamine cabinets contain large storage bins doubling the garage’s storage space. The combination achieves a well-organized clean look for a workspace.
9. Garage with Sliding Doors for Maple Melamine Cabinets
On another side of the garage is a large-sized rectangular maple melamine cabinet with full sliding doors allowing for easy access to belongings whenever the car is parked inside.
10. Garage with Contemporary Look
White melamine cabinets center a red and white high gloss finish which achieves a simple yet contemporary look.
11. Garage with Large Maple Melamine Cabinets, Wall Racks and Concavities
This expansive garage feature large maple melamine cabinets on both sides that can be used for embedding wall racks where you can hang your tools onto as well as concavities between the cabinets where a refrigerator can be placed.
12. Garage with Melamine Cabinets and Open Shelves
Garage space is maximized through the use of basic white tall melamine cabinets and a combination of open shelves. There’s also a workbench in front of a workstation where tools are conveniently hung on an embedded wall rack.
13. Garage with Enclosed White Melamine Cabinets, Workbench and Open Tool Storage
A neat look is achieved in this garage where enclosed white melamine cabinets line up against an entire wall. Featured in the middle is an open tool storage where a workbench stands below.
14. Garage with Hardrock Maple with Black Extrusions on the Doors and Drawer Fronts
Simple yet sophisticated is what the hardrock maple cabinets designed with black extrusions on its doors and drawer fronts manage to achieve. Yellow walls in the background create a chic look.
15. Garage with Tall Cabinets in Contrasting Colors and Handy Storage Underneath
The industrial look of the tall steel gray melamine cabinets is contrasted by the boldness of red creating a playful vibe for the garage. Underneath the cabinets are storage areas where you can store smaller items.
16. Garage in Red and Gray Themed Colors
The running theme of this garage is the red and gray combination of colors in its tall melamine cabinets that line up the three corners of the garage. A sparkle of yellow on the walls only add up to the playfulness of colors exercised in the room.
17. Garage with Black and White Melamine Cabinets and Butcher Block Countertops
A modern design is achieved in this garage of black and white melamine cabinets with full length extrusions and butcher block countertops. There are some open shelves as well to add more storage.
18. Garage with Strong Embedded Wall Rack
This garage features the large square wall rack placed at a corner of the room. Vertical storage for large items like bicycles, snowboards, and other smaller items is possible to this strongly embedded wall rack saving significant space for the garage.
19. Unisex Garage in Red and Black Color Theme
The combination of red melamine and black textured faux leather fronts and textured stainless steel fronts create a masculine yet chic design that is expected to draw both men and women in.
20. Garage with Adjustable Slatwalls
This simple garage features adjustable slatwalls at the center of the white melamine cabinets and to those embedded on the walls. These adjustable slatwalls make it convenient to hang tools and other items without worrying about space.
21. Elegant Silver and Black Garage System
Easily a man cave, this masculine elegant garage is designed in silver and black and made of completely waterproof resin. Cabinet doors and drawers are intentionally bullnose to achieve a smooth line.
22. Garage with Movable Melamine Smoke Island
This garage features a movable melamine smoke island that enables you to move it around as you work.
23. Garage with Bronze Metal Cabinets
This garage has earthly colors pleasing to behold. The main attraction of the room is obviously the bronze metal doors of the cabinets that produce a sophisticated yet cozy look.
24. Garage with Red and Gray Melamine Cabinets and Storage Units
This garage features the combination of red and gray in its melamine cabinets and storage units. The industrial steely gray is easily set off by the bold loud color of red creating a contrasting overall look for the garage.
25. Garage with Side Wall Cabinets
This garage designed with the running theme of high gloss red and grey melamine features side wall cabinets allowing for storage space below. You can place bicycles or other large-sized items right below these hanging cabinets.
26. Garage with Melamine Cabinets and Uppers with Lucite Inserts, Laundry, and Storage Area
The garage’s melamine cabinets and uppers with Lucite inserts easily steal your attention. Everything fits perfectly in the room even with the laundry and storage area finding their rightful places in the shared space of the garage.
B. 3 Awesome Garage Man Caves
27. Garage Man Cave with Built-in Wine Storage
Brushed aluminum doors with black glass inserts make up the classy built-in wine storage that stands imposingly at the silent corners of the room.
28. Garage Man Cave with Stained Walnut Cabinets
The preppy look of this garage man cave is further magnified by the central feature of the stained walnut cabinets with raised panel doors and layered crown molding.
29. Garage Man Cave with Black Melamine Cabinets
The dominating attraction in this garage man cave is none other than the black melamine cabinets with red aluminum faces and black guard inserts.
All garage man cave designs by Closet Factory.
C. Excellent Garage Storage Implements
All garage storage elements below can be purchased at Closet Factory.
Sport Racks make it easy to store large-sized items such as mount bikes, golf equipment, balls, and skates so that they’re ready to use.
Omni Track helps maximize garage wall space and help keep items organized.
Keep your cars in the confines of your home by adding parking lifts to your garage.
Slatwall Organizers help keep tools and sports equipment organized.
Use polyaspartic flooring to keep your garage polished-looking.
It’s the same polyaspartic flooring that keeps your garage floors polished, only this one will add metallic colors on your garage floor.
Utility Hooks are useful in organizing brooms and accessories on walls or on the back of tall cabinet doors.
All garages and storage implements by Closet Factory.