Laundry rooms used to be an afterthought in designing a home, if they were thought of at all. Location, utility/storage, counter space and other factors all need to be considered when planning an area devoted to laundry. Ideally, the much-used space will have a room of its own but that’s not always the case.
Below, we present a curated photo gallery of some options to consider when designing a laundry room.
1. Large Laundry Room Features Loads of Storage Space
Large-sized laundry room lays everything out as it should be. The space features loads of storage, counter space, recessed lighting, laminate flooring, cabinets, and sink. Natural light streams in through a large window.
2. Laundry Room Designed with Custom Cabinetry and Subway Tile Backsplash
White-on-white laundry room in a well thought out design features custom cabinetry and a sink with a white subway tile backsplash. The room also includes plenty of storage, black tile flooring and natural lighting from a large window.
- Designed by chango & co.
3. Michigan Laundry Room Comes with All the Bells and Whistles
Massive space for a laundry and utility room features all the bells and whistles you could hope for in the design. This deluxe Lake Michigan beach house includes a center island with sink, cabinetry, front-loading appliances and shelving.
4. Wall-Mounted Dryer Placed Above Washing Machine to Save Space
Small laundry room features a wall-mounted dryer above the washing machine to maximize space. The room also includes dark gray cabinets for storage, a tile floor and a pet door as part of the exterior door leading outside.
5. Laundry Room Features Stainless Steel Washer and Dryer Combo
Traditional-style large laundry room features custom-built white cabinets, corner sink, and front-loading stainless steel washer and dryer.
6. Laundry Room Contains Extensive Storage Space
White and dark gray modern laundry room features extensive storage space, light wood flooring, front-loading washer and dryer, and lots of natural light from a side window and back door.
7. Elevated Appliances Allow Easier Access in Ergonomic Laundry Room
Custom-designed laundry room features a sink, elevated front-loading appliances, storage cabinets, and ceramic tile flooring with lots of space.
8. Clear Floor Space Helps Organize Workload in Laundry Room
Laundry room features wall-mounted cabinets, small counter, and lots of floor space for organizing the workload.
9. Custom Cabinets Provide Plenty of Storage Space
Laundry room features custom white cabinetry set against a light green wall, front-loading washer and dryer set and tile flooring.
10. Utility Sink an Important Part of Laundry Room Design
Contemporary laundry room features white cabinets, hardwood flooring, utility sink, black countertops, and matching black, front-loading washing machine and dryer.
11. Front-Loading Washer Uses Less Water, Reduces Dry Time
Small, but highly functional, white laundry room with stainless steel appliances, includes a miniature sink.
12. Long Laundry Room Provides Plenty of Work Space
All white narrow, long laundry room with plenty of storage space and a long rectangular sink next to the washing machine.
14. Stacked Washer/Dryer Combo Saves Floor Space
Laundry room features stacked washer and dryer combo, ceramic tile flooring, blue cabinets and a utility sink.
15. Elevated Washer/Dryer Make Job Easier
Laundry room features elevated washer and dryer set, marble countertop, ceramic tile flooring and cabinets for storage.
16. Large Utility Sink Makes Laundry Room More Efficient
Ceramic tile is used on walls and floor throughout laundry room, featuring High Efficiency washer and dryer set with utility sink and storage cabinets.
17. Mudroom Creates Room for Front-Load Washer/Dryer Combo
High Efficiency stainless steel washer and dryer share space in mudroom with hot water heater, freezer and beer fridge.
18. Stacked Washer/Dryer Placed Next to Utility Sink
Laundry room makes the most of limited space with a High Efficiency stacked washer/dryer combo next to a utility sink. The space also has lots of cabinets and shelving for storage plus a large window providing natural light.
19. Laundry Room Features Storage Space, Utility Sink
Spacious new laundry room in a large home with white cabinets and stainless steel appliances on a gray tile floor.
20. Laundry Room Opens Out to Back Deck
Laundry room features an older washer and dryer set, track lighting and cabinets for storage. French doors lead out to the back deck and provide plenty of natural light for the space.
21. Custom Cabinetry Provides Lots of Storage Space
Laundry room features Samsung High Efficiency Washer/Dryer set, cabinets for storage and low-maintenance vinyl flooring.
22. Stacked Washer/Dryer Create More Space in Laundry Room
Laundry room features stacked washer/dryer combo, hardwood floor and lots of cabinets for storage space.
- Designed by: Closet Factory
23. Laundry Room Features Elevated Washer/Dryer Combo
Laundry room features elevated washer/dryer combo, storage cabinets and large glass door for access to the backyard.
24. Large Window Supplies Laundry Room with Plenty of Natural Light
Laundry room features plenty of storage space with corner sink and a window letting in natural light.