Here's our gallery showcasing 16 fun inflatable pool ideas, perfect for adding some relaxation and luxury to your backyard on a budget.
In the summer, it’s always nice to have a pool to take a dip. But we all know that pools can be expensive.
Installations materials, fencing, maintenance . . . the costs can stack up pretty quickly. Beyond that, pools are a large commitment of time and space.
You are dedicating considerable yard space, and may even dig up a portion of your yard to install a pool if you opt for an underground model.
So if you are looking for a temporary options for a pool, inflatable pools are an option worth considering. Inflatable pools come in a variety of sizes and styles that can fit most needs.
With a simple inflatable pool, you can set up a swimming spot in your yard that can be removed when you are done using it. This allows for you to swim when you want at home without dedicating the money and space to a permanent installation.
What are some things that you should know before you decide on an inflatable pool?
- Storable – Inflatable pools can be taken down and storied easily. They take up considerably less room when stored.
- Cost – Inflatable pools are a very affordable option when it comes to pools. Perhaps the most cost effective method short of taking a bath. Pools can be as inexpensive as $10. You can’t beat that when trying to beat the heat.
- Setup ease – You don’t need any special skills to set up an inflatable pool. Most people will have very little issue setting up an inflatable pool.
- Portable – If your pool is deflated and you want to take it to some other location, it can easily be packed up and transported wherever you need it to be.
- Safety – When you are not using the pool, you take it down. So with an inflatable pool there is no need to worry about safety when you are not around.
- Setup time – Unlike hard shell kiddie pools and removable pool options of other materials, inflatable pools take a bit of set up. The larger the pool is, the longer it will be to inflate and fill.
- Fragile – An errant stick or point rock can wreak havoc on your inflatable pool. Preventing punctures or tears is something you should be aware of.
- Damage – When your inflatable pool become damaged it will more than likely be unusable. While other kinds of pools may be able to withstand some damage and still retain some functionality, when an inflatable pool fails it fails completely.
- Repair – If you manage to damage your inflatable pool, it may be difficult to repair, and the repairs simple may not take. The pool needs to be able to hold air, and repairing leaks and tears can often be tricky.
There are a lot of different inflatable pools on the market. You can find a smaller cheaper model for as little as $10 for an inexpensive child sized or personal pool. If you are looking at something a bit bigger, that the whole family can enjoy, the higher end inflatable pools can cost as much as $260 and are big enough for the entire family.
Some models of inflatable pools will come with a pump, but others may require you to have a pump yourself. Make sure you know what you will need to inflate your chosen model of inflatable pool.
This is a nice blue and while inflatable pool. This pool is an easy one to set up and take down. Storage of this model is easy as if can easily fold into a very manageable size after deflated.
This is a nice small round inflatable pool. It comes with a seat pre installed, and cup holders, making this blue and white pool a easy, manageable and portable relaxing dipping pool.
This longer inflatable pool is manageable in size, but large enough to allow multiple people to swim at once. This model is perfect for families with older children who need a bit more space to splash around and play in the water.
This large round inflatable pool has a fun and colorful design that is perfect for children. It is large enough for multiple people which makes it perfect for multiple children families.
This is a smaller diameter inflatable pool with a fun sea life pattern, making this a fun pool for children. Do to the size, this pool could be set up nearly anywhere, in the front yard or backyard.
This is a smaller and simple inflatable pool. Because of this pools size, it would be quicker to inflate. It’s bright pattern is fun for kids, and the lining make it easy to clean.
This kidney shape inflatable pool has a beach theme. It is a quick and easy inflatable pool that is perfect for couples, or laying out and soaking on a hot summer day.
This is a rectangular inflatable pool is a clean and easy model with high walls, that is good for relaxing, and laying down and relaxing.
This high and small pool is deeper but not very long. This is good for one or two kids.
This is a different design of inflatable pool. It has an inflatable ring around a large basin of water. This kind of inflatable pool is good because it holds a good volume, and creates an opportunity for real swimming.
Here is a larger version of the inflatable ring and basin model. Because of the size of this version, it might be better in a back yard than in the front. This pool is a great family sized pool
This is a very large version of an inflatable pool. This can fit an entire family and then some! It may take a bit to set up, but is a really amazing pool once you have it all ready to go.
This small novelty kids inflatable pool as a fun design, and can be placed nearly anywhere. It is a fun and simple play on inflatable pools for kids.
Here is a flashy and fun play place style inflatable pool for children. With all the accessories, it is a quite interesting and entertaining swimming experience for children.
This is a small and fun inflatable pool for younger children. The jungle theme is fun and appealing to children.