We're pulling the covers on the best online stores to shop for your mattress. Get the best deals for your bed-in-a-box and enjoy free shipping, 100-night trial, easy returns, 10-year warranties, and smart and innovative features all in just a few clicks.
Mattresses were among the last consumer products to jump in the e-commerce but already the online competition is heating up. According to Forbes, online mattress stores made a cut of 10 percent from the $15 billion mattress industry in 2017, a double jump from 5 percent in 2016.
While 85 percent of consumers still get their mattresses from the traditional brick-and-mortar stores such as moms-and-pops stores, the online mattress stores are making a dent with 27 percent. The average consumer also spends 1-2 weeks researching for a mattress online before making a purchase.
Online stores are attracting consumers by offering free shipping, 100-night trial, easy returns, and 10-year warranties. New technologies are also introduced such as smart and innovative features, including sleep trackers, sensors, and smart beds that are synced to other devices in the home.
List of Online Mattress Stores
- Casper: Casper, being one of most well-known mattress and bedding brands in the world, promises speedy delivery of products, a 100-night risk-free trial, and pick up of unwanted products should that be the case. Its stylish website is complemented perfectly by product reviews posted by various social media users from all over the world, thereby giving online shoppers an extra boost of confidence on the quality of mattress products that they are about to see.
- Saatva: Saatva mattress features individually wrapped coils, edge and lumbar support, steel coil support base, organic cotton cover, and euro pillow top with a memory foam enhancement in the lumbar area. Online shoppers will also be relieved to know that Saatva promises nationwide delivery and that their products are made out of eco-friendly materials.
- Tuft&Needle: Tuft&Needle prides itself on their claim that they produce the internet’s most loved mattress. It will be clear to see this once online shoppers visit their website as the number of high reviews that their products get from other e-commerce platforms are consistently high. Tuft&Needle also created their T&N Adaptive® foam to make customers feel comfortable and provide great pressure relief during sleep time.
- Leesa: Leesa prominently promotes their two best mattress products on offer on their website: the Leesa mattress, their bestselling multilayer foam mattress, and the Sapira mattress, their most advanced hybrid mattress. Budget-conscious online shoppers will be happy to know that these mattress products go on sale for as low as $525. Their proper utilization of their own promotional video and usage of statements of what makes their products stand out from the rest of the competition makes online mattress shopping at Leesa a hassle-free and customer-friendly experience.
- ALLSWELL: One of the impressive features of an Allswell mattress is the adaptability of their product to various bedroom set-ups. Their product is compatible with box springs, slated and adjustable frames, and even flat platforms. They also did not hold back in providing many memory foam layers to provide extra breathability and support to the customer.
- HELIX: Online shoppers will not only appreciate the visually appealing images featured on the website of Helix, but they will also find the instant sleep quiz that they can take help for them to find the perfect mattress product for them. They provide a wide variety of online options that cover plush, medium, and a firm feel for the mattress, those who prefer to sleep on the side, back and on their stomach, and products fit for different body types.
- Nectar: Nectar’s Tencel cover on their mattress products promises a more breathable, softer, and better option for absorbing moisture than any premium cotton. Eco-conscious buyers on their website will be happy to know that their mattresses are made from certified flexible foam with no ozone depleters, PBDEs, TDCPP, mercury or lead. Two layers of Gel Memory Foam help Nectar circulate air, distribute weight and contour to a customer’s body.
- Bear Mattress: Online shoppers will discover from the Bear Mattress website that they only use high-quality foam and support layers for their mattresses to provide pressure relief, spinal alignment, and pain relief. In addition, their utilization of the Celliant’s infrared therapy promises to recycle the body’s natural energy to rebuild and recharge muscles during sleep. Customers will also see Bear bundle options that conveniently packs Bear mattresses together with other bedding accessories for discounted prices.
- Eight Sleep: Eight Sleep uses advanced technology to make beds warmer and thus more conducive for longer sleep. Easy and fast processing of returns is also guaranteed by the company if their customers do not experience better sleep because of their mattress products. Eight Sleep’s smart mattresses can go as low as $699, a deal that is helpful for online shoppers who are looking for high-quality yet budget-friendly mattress options.
- DreamCloud: DreamCloud’s product trial is indeed a dream, promising a year-long trial for every customer, which is one the longest mattress trials on offer in the market. Online shoppers will see that Dreamcloud’s mattress products are made from premium memory foam, breathable coils, and a cashmere blend euro top for supportive sleep.
- Amazon: It’s one of the largest e-commerce platforms in the world, Amazon does not run short of a wide variety of mattresses on sale. A quick search of mattresses on Amazon will give you a multitude of categories that cater to various preferences of any customer. Not sure what mattress type to buy? Then Amazon automatically lists for you the most purchased mattress products under The Bestsellers category. In a rush to give a mattress gift to someone? Check out their Most Gifted category. Other categories such as Featured Deals, Hot New Releases, and mattress products under $100 can help any customer in purchasing the best mattress products that suit their budgets and tastes.
- eBay: eBay as another e-commerce giant lists close to 30,000 mattress products that can surely catch the eyes of an online shopper. As what most fans of eBay love about this shopping platform, various mattress products are smartly filtered according to buying formats, condition, delivery, size, type, comfort level, brand, features, and price, among others. eBay certainly does its best to lead every shopper to that mattress that best fits his or her lifestyle.
- Walmart: Walmart is filled with deals that will give a smile to any budget-conscious online shopper. Those who shop for mattresses will be lead to deals that are categorized according to mattress type and size. Another cool aspect of shopping at Walmart is the way they recommend lists of new mattress products per brand. Specialty mattresses that are aligned with a customer’s unique needs and accessories that go well with any type of mattress are also on offer.
- Etsy: Etsy’s listing of mattresses may not be the most extensive out there, but they make up for it by offering some of the trendiest, most unique mattress products out there. Ever heard of doll mattresses? How about mattresses made from organic hemp and flax? These and a lot more mattress products are on sale to cater to those customers who have the most eclectic tastes and sharpest eyes for design. Starred reviews are also directly placed under each product to guide every customer on the hottest mattresses that are on sale.
- Wayfair: Another online shopping site that has a long list of mattress products on offer is Wayfair. Customers can certainly spot even just one mattress to their liking given that Wayfair has a humongous list of memory foam, gel forma, pillow top, hybrid, innerspring, latex, and mattress sets on offer. Shoppers can also shop by size, brand and most importantly, comfort level. The most impressive part of shopping at Wayfair are these short articles that they share to help people become responsible consumers. Customers who search for mattress products, for example, will get a chance to read a short article on how mattress products can be recycled instead of disposed of completely.
- Home Depot: One of the biggest strengths of Home Depot is the way they provide basic yet helpful articles to shoppers about choosing a mattress. The finer details of each mattress product, including what to expect from each brand, are also generously provided. The only minor complaint that we have against Home Depot is the site’s accessibility. Customers from other geographical regions reported having trouble accessing Home Depot, so they still had to use VPNs in order to shop from this site.
- Houzz: Customers who will shop for mattresses on Houzz will appreciate how the site features honest reviews of customers of certain mattress products. The provision of star ratings and detailed reviews from previous buyers are definitely helpful in guiding any customer in buying their mattress of choice from Houzz.
- Hayneedle: Hayneedle is filled with a lot of deals that will definitely bring delight to anyone looking for mattresses to purchase online. Featured mattress brands with sales going as high as 70% are worth checking out especially for the budget-conscious. Mattress products that are displayed based on their construction, type and accessories that go with them can be inspected more meticulously, thanks to the website’s magnifying feature.
- Overstock: Shopping at Overstock is a pretty much straightforward experience. Shoppers will immediately see enticing deals of mattress products that are neatly categorized according to type, size, and top brands. The illustrations for each product category evoke that simple yet creative appeal. Specialty items and accessories that go with each type and brand of a mattress are also featured prominently on the website.
- Luxi: Luxi specializes in memory foam mattresses that can be conveniently adjusted by customers according to their body needs. Their famous shape-matching technology promises to give a sleeping experience like no other by adapting ergonomically to the sleeping positions of any person. Luxi directly promotes their top two bestselling mattress products, the Luxi 3-in-1 and Luxi One, at surprisingly reasonable rates.
- Sleep Choices: As a family-owned business, Sleep Choices specializes in memory foam mattress that caters to every single member of the family. They pride themselves in having more than three decades of experience in crafting the best mattresses and bedding accessories to ensure good sleep for every customer. Their risk-free trials that stretch up to even 100 days will surely please any online shopper who wants to test out the mattress products first before fully committing.
- eLuxury: Those who wish to ship from the eLuxury website will know right away that this company specializes in memory foam mattresses. Options range from gel memory foams of various inches up to those that are of latex and hybrid types. They also deliver mattress products right at the doorsteps of online shoppers for added convenience.
- Amerisleep: Amerisleep prides itself on being meticulous in sourcing all of its materials to design and produce all of their mattress and bedding products. Their goal is to come up with eco-friendly products that are not only helpful to Mother Earth but also to the local workers. They also provide a 100-day risk-free trial to all customers who want to test if their mattress products are really suitable for them or not.
- Nest Bedding: Affordable luxury is one of the main taglines of Nest Bedding, another company that provides an easy online shopping experience to customers when it comes to a mattress and other bedding products. They try their best to provide high-quality mattresses for all types and materials at a price that will not burn holes on people’s pockets. For example, shoppers on the Nest Bedding website can score a Love & Sleep Mattress that has three foam layers and a cooling technology starting at $399.
- WinkBeds: WinkBeds are known for their hand-built mattresses that are designed to solve a person’s sleeping problems. Part of the solution that the company has incorporated in their mattress products is the innerspring technology that increases the comfort level of each and every mattress product. Most importantly, customers can enjoy the decompression support that WinkBeds’ mattresses provide for the spine to ensure long-term restorative sleep solutions for everyone.
- Loom & Leaf: Some customers are genuinely raving about Loom & Leafs’ mattress products with organic cotton cover. They appreciate the fact that the layers of their mattresses were handcrafted to the highest standards, including the provision of a 5-lb memory foam to guarantee someone’s great sleeping pattern. Savings are also promised for those customers who will shop on their website on top of the 120-day trial.
- Ghostbed: Deals are abundant on Ghostbed, with mattresses that even go as low as $67 per month. Customers can automatically add a foundation, adjustable base, mattress protector, sheets and ghost pillow based on the mattress size chosen by the customer. A quick illustration of how high-quality mattresses are supposed to feel when slept on is also prominently placed on the website.
- Purple: Purple promises that their revolutionary technology of Smart Comfort Grid will take people’s sleeping comfort to a whole new level. Their website also advertises around 42,000 reviews received from customers, so expect to be guided accordingly when shopping for a mattress and other bedding product from their website.
- Brooklyn Bedding: Here’s another American manufacturer of mattress that promises a 120-day trial to its customers. One great feature on their website is the chat feature where customers can chat and ask questions to a sleep expert. Great sales are also promoted prominently on the website to entice even the most budget-conscious buyers. Most importantly, discounts are generously provided to teachers, first responders, and even college students should they decided to purchase a mattress and other bedding products from them.
- MattressFIRM: The strength of MattressFIRM as an e-commerce platform for its mattress and other bedding products is the neat organization of their items on their website. Products can be easily sorted and filtered according to prices, names, top rated, best match, and of course, budget. Customers can also easily chat with a sleep expert should they have questions or clarifications.
- Layla Sleep: One of the most distinguishing characteristics of the Layla Sleep mattress is their two-firmness offering in one mattress: soft at the top and firm at the bottom. The website is neatly arranged that properly highlights each mattress product and their key features. A chat box is readily available for online shoppers to chat with sleep experts. They also have a dedicated page that discusses copper, one of the special materials that they used in making their mattress products, explaining how copper conductivity makes one’s sleep a much cooler experience.
- PlushBeds: Plush Beds are known for their organic mattresses. In fact, they are one of the mattress-producing companies that have the USDA Organic certification and the GreenGuard Gold Certified status for being environmentally friendly. The website of Plush Beds is also strategically organized to highlight the special deals that they have on their products. Each key feature of every mattress and bedding product that they have is also concisely written, utilizing the p0wer bullet points to highlight their products’ main selling points.
- Oso: What makes Oso Sleep one of the most popular online mattress stores out there is their three-point promise: free shipping regardless of the OSO product that you buy, a 101-day trial, and a 10-year warranty for all products. Beautiful moving images and compelling text also help in making the shopping experience at Oso a generally pleasant experience.
- 4Sleep: 4Sleep offers a no-fuss online shopping experience for potential mattress buyers given the benefits that they offer: luxurious mattress products for affordable prices, 100-day risk free on all their products, easy returns process for products that you do not like, free shipping of orders straight to your doorstep, direct transactions from the manufacturers with no middleman involved to lessen the costs, and 100% American-made products.
- Tomorrow Sleep: Tomorrow Sleep will surely catch the attention of any online buyer because of the instant customer starred reviews that they are highlighting on their front page and their great list of industry partners. Tomorrow Sleep steps it up a notch by providing a 365-night trial, hassle-free deliveries, and set-up where orders can be received in 2-3 days, and the mattress products’ compatibility with any type of base.
- Alexander Signature Hybrid: Combining the most innovative copper infused foam on the planet and the support of high-quality individual coils with extra edge support, The Alexander Signature Hybrid mattress promises superb comfort to customers. The mattress is also made out of Thermic Phase Change Cooling Fabric to make people’s sleeping experiences cooler than ever.
- Keetsa Pillow Plus Mattress: Unlike many other mattress-in-a-box companies, Keetsa sells a variety of mattresses of different firmness levels and construction. In addition to the Pillow Plus, Keetsa also offers the Tea Leaf Dream, the Cloud, the Keetsa Plus and the Tea Leaf Classic. Being an eco-friendly company, Keetsa takes many extra steps in their choice of materials and manufacturing processes to ensure that their mattresses are safe for sleepers and the environment.
- Zenhaven Mattress: Handcrafted in America of 100% natural American Talalay latex, layered with breathable 100% organic New Zealand wool and wrapped in organic cotton, Zenhaven knows how to make sleeping a comfortable experience for all types of sleepers. Their Guardin® botanical antimicrobial fabric treatment helps to prolong the life of your mattress by inhibiting bacteria on the organic cotton fabric.
- Dreamcloud Hybrid Mattress: Dreamcloud promises mattress products made out of premium materials at a cost that will not break the bank.Featuring gel memory foam to sleep cool, a plush Euro top for soft support, and a micro coil support system for a touch of bounce, DreamCloud uses the innovative sleep science to guide their construction.
- Eight Sleep Jupiter Mattress: Eco-conscious online buyers will be delighted to know that Jupiter+ is CertiPUR-US® certified, and this tells a lot about how this product was manufactured such as no ozone depleters or phthalates were used, its manufacturing was regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and the product was made without the use of mercury, lead, and other heavy metals.
Home Stratosphere is an award-winning home and garden online publication that’s a result of our talented researchers and writers who work directly with hundreds of professional interior designers, furniture designers, landscape designers and architects from around the world to create helpful, informative, entertaining and inspiring articles and design galleries.