Guest Post Topics
We accept articles, photo galleries, portfolios, how-to articles, tutorials, and videos pertaining to:
- residential interior design (any and all rooms)
- home architecture
- landscaping, swimming pools, decks/patios, gardening, outdoor structures (anything related to homes’ outdoor areas
- DIY projects (please no round ups where you put together a list of various projects and link out to the project. If you wish to submit a DIY project, please submit the full project including photos, materials, time it takes, and of course step-by-step instructions).
- Furniture and appliances.
- Home improvement articles including how-to and informational tool articles.
The more images you can provide, the better. Please ensure you have the necessary copyright license to publish the images.
Please write on a Very SPECIFIC Topic
Please do not pitch us or submit general topics. Instead, settle on a very specific topic so that you can cover it in-depth.
For example, don’t submit a “10 Kitchen Design Tips” article. That’s far too broad. Instead, submit an article all about kitchen farm sinks. The more specific and detailed, the better.
Round-ups and listicles are typically rejected.
About our site
We get over 700,000 monthly visitors, have 287,000 Facebook fans, 70,000+ Pinterest followers and 45,000 email subscribers. Your article will enjoy excellent exposure. Yes, your article will be included in the email newsletter. We promote all content.
Sadly, we reject far more articles than we end up publishing. If you submit an article to us, please ensure it’s excellent, unique and that you have the license to publish all images provided to us. It should be the best article on the Web for that topic. This is not a joke.
At the very minimum, your article should be 2,500 words.
Your article must exhaustively cover the topic. If there are aspects missing from the coverage, we may reject the article.
5+ Expert Opinions
You must reach out to experts and get 5+ quotes and/or opinions from 5+ different experts in the field that your article covers. You must source those quotes in the article. Please do not find published quotes online. You must reach out and get unique quotes, opinions or input from 5+ different experts.
Please use proper heading tags such as h2, h3, etc. The first heading should be h2. The sub-heading h3 and so on. The next main heading should be h2 again.
Whenever it makes sense, please use bullet lists.
2. References and outbound links
Reference everything with outbound links (dofollow). Also, whenever it’s helpful for readers, include links to external resources (outbound). We’re all about providing as much beneficial resources for our readers as possible.
Your article must be informational; not promotional. We’re fine with one dofollow links to your site in the content, but the article itself must be informational.
If you’d like to submit a promotional article (i.e. sponsored post), see our advertise page.
We’re all about giving credit where credit is due. After all, you’re not writing for us for charity. However, any dofollow links provided will only be permitted in the body of the article in a contextual manner that makes sense by linking to a very relevant piece of content that enhances the article for our readers. Byline links will be nofollow. If the content is promotional in any way, all links will be nofollow.
7. Link to other pages on Homestratosphere.com: Please take the time to find related articles on my site and link to at least 5 to 10 of them in the content.
8. Video inclusion: If there is one or a few excellent videos on YouTube on the topic that enhances the article, please include the YouTube URL link in the article.
9. Link to your site: We recognize you’re not doing this for altruistic reasons. You can include one dofollow link in the content to a page on your site. Please link to a related, helpful article on your site and do so contextually so that it helps our readers.
10. Affiliate links: We may add our own affiliate links in your article if it makes sense. If you include your affiliate links, we will swap them out with ours.
11. Submission format: Kindly submit your article to us in .docx format.
12. IMPORTANT: When you fill out the form below, you will receive step-by-step details on how to get your guest post published on this site.
Please note we reserve the right to reject submissions. In the event we reject your submission, we’re happy to give you the opportunity to improve the article and resubmit it.
Please note that by submitting an article for publishing on Homestratosphere.com you agree that copyright to that article passes to Homestratosphere.com.