Write For Us
If you’re a professional with a project portfolio, please see our submit your work page.
If you’re looking to submit a guest post article to get published on our site, kindly keep reading.
Guest Post Topics
We’re currently accepting article submissions as well as recurring content submissions. We accept articles, photo galleries, portfolios, how-to articles, tutorials, and videos pertaining to:
- residential interior design (any and all rooms)
- home architecture
- landscaping, swimming pools, decks/patios, gardening, outdoor structures (anything related to homes’ outdoor areas
- DIY projects
The more images you can provide, the better. Please ensure you have the necessary copyright license to publish the images.
Narrow Topics a Must
Please do not pitch us or submit general topics. Instead, settle on a very specific topic so that you can cover it in-depth.
For example, don’t submit a “Kitchen Design Tips” article. That’s far too broad. Instead, submit an article all about kitchen farm sinks. The more specific and detailed, the better.
About our site
We get over 700,000 monthly page views, have 287,000 Facebook fans, 34,000+ Pinterest followers and 32,000 email subscribers. Your article will enjoy excellent exposure.
How long should your article be?
At the very minimum, your article should be 1,500 words, but in our experience in order to adequately cover topics related to home and garden, 2,000 to 3,000 words is necessary.
How many images should you provide?
We don’t have anything set in stone, but 10 is good for a portfolio (the more the merrier). If your article is text-based, 7 plus images is a good start. We like using images as examples to illustrate points made in articles. The more the merrier.
Quality is Paramount
Sadly, we reject far more articles than we end up publishing. If you submit an article to us, please ensure it’s excellent, unique and that you have the license to publish all images provided to us. It should be the best article on the Web for that topic. This is not a joke. It must be incredible.
Your article must exhaustively cover the topic. If there are aspects missing from the coverage, we may reject the article.
1. Google docs: Please provide you document as a Google doc.
Please use proper heading tags such as h2, h3, etc. The first heading should be h2. The sub-heading h3 and so on. The next main heading should be h2 again.
Whenever it makes sense, please use bullet lists.
3. References and outbound links
Reference everything with outbound links (dofollow). Also, whenever it’s helpful for readers, include links to external resources (outbound). We’re all about providing as much beneficial resources for our readers as possible.
Your article must be informational; not promotional. We’re fine with one dofollow links to your site in the content, but the article itself must be informational.
If you’d like to submit a promotional article (i.e. sponsored post), see our advertise page.
We’re all about giving credit where credit is due. After all, you’re not writing for us for charity. However, any dofollow links provided will only be permitted in the body of the article in a contextual manner that makes sense by linking to a very relevant piece of content that enhances the article for our readers. Byline links will be nofollow. If the content is promotional in any way, all links will be nofollow.
6. Link to other pages on my site: Please take the time to find related articles on my site and link to at least 5 to 10 of them in the content.
7. Video inclusion: If there is one or a few excellent videos on YouTube on the topic that enhances the article, please include the YouTube URL link in the article.
8. Link to your site: We recognize you’re not doing this for altruistic reasons. You can include one dofollow link in the content to a page on your site. Please link to a related, helpful article on your site and do so contextually so that it helps our readers.
9. Affiliate links: We may add our own affiliate links in your article if it makes sense. If you include your affiliate links, we will swap them out with ours.
Please note we reserve the right to reject submissions. In the event we reject your submission, we’re happy to give you the opportunity to improve the article and resubmit it.
How to Pitch Your Topics
Kindly pitch your topic ideas via the form below. We’ll then be in contact via email and will take it from there.