Skip to Content

An Architectural Tour of Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland is home to a diverse range of historic and contemporary architecture, making it a unique and fascinating place to tour. If you can’t make it there in person, I created this virtual tour to give you a taste of the cityscape. 

The city of Glasgow, Scotland is particularly noted for its 19th-century Victorian architecture, and the early-20th-century “Glasgow Style”, as developed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh. Mackintosh was an architect and designer in the Arts and Crafts movement and the main exponent of Art Nouveau in the United Kingdom, designing Glasgow buildings such as the Glasgow School of Art, Willow Tearooms and the Scotland Street School. Also designed by Mackintosh is the Queen’s Cross Church, the only church by the artist to be built.Very little of medieval Glasgow remains, the two main landmarks from this period being the 15th-century Provand’s Lordship and 12th-century St. Mungo’s Cathedral. St. Mungo’s Cathedral, also known as the High Kirk and Glasgow Cathedral, is the oldest building in Glasgow and is an example of Scottish Gothic architecture. The vast majority of the city as seen today dates from the 19th century. As a result, Glasgow has an heritage of Victorian architecture: the Glasgow City Chambers; the main building of the University of Glasgow, designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott; and the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, designed by Sir John W. Simpson are examples.

 

The History of Glaswegian Architecture 

Glasgow’s roots lie in a small religious settlement which grew around a church created by the apostle of Strathclyde, St Mungo, in 560 AD. The community grew following the construction of Glasgow Cathedral in 1197, which is still in use today. And in 1451, more familiar architecture started to pop up, starting with the creation of one of Europe’s oldest educational institutions, the University of Glasgow. Following the Act of Union in 1706, trade links grew across the UK and Glasgow began to flourish. The economy became more focused on ship building and other industries – though that prosperity was in stark contrast to the high levels of overcrowding, poor living conditions, slum areas and tenement houses. The boom was followed by a post-war crash and, shockingly, there were even plans to destroy the city altogether!

In the 18th century, the city experienced its first wave of prosperity generated by the tobacco trade with the American colonies, especially Virginia. The tobacco era was succeeded in the next century by textile, chemical, iron, and steel manufacturing. By the last part of the 19th century, Glasgow was a prime center for shipbuilding in the world and boasted a thriving port. The wealth that came with this succession of prosperous eras was reflected in the city’s architecture. Business enterprises built showy warehouses, factories and office structures; merchants and leading professionals commissioned grand residences and supported the construction of monumental churches; and the city housed its public services in opulent municipal buildings.

The post-World War II era was especially damaging to the city. The collapse of the shipbuilding and other industries caused a dramatic decline in the population, from 1 million in 1950 to 750,000 today. Tenements were demolished and replaced by high-rise public-housing towers, visible throughout the city.Glasgow’s image was so negative that businesses considering a move to the city faced rebellion among those staff members who would be required to move there. A few brave souls ventured into the urban wilds to visit the architectural works of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, the pioneer of modern design, but then quickly made their way east to Edinburgh or north to the Highlands.

In the 19th century, Glasgow was the Second City in the British Empire. Its origins go back as far as the 6th century, when its patron saint, St. Mungo, founded a religious community near the River Clyde at a site that probably was already a small trading center.

Modern buildings in Glasgow include the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, and along the banks of the Clyde are the Glasgow Science Centreand the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, whose Clyde Auditorium was designed by Sir Norman Foster, and is known as the “Armadillo”. Zaha Hadid won a competition to design the new Riverside Museum to house the Glasgow Museum of Transport. Glasgow’s historical and modern architectural traditions were celebrated in 1999 when the city was designated UK City of Architecture and Design, winning the accolade over Liverpool and Edinburgh.

 

An Architectural Tour of Glasgow’s Neighbourhoods

City Centre Glasgow 

1. Glasgow City Chambers

Unveiled by Queen Victoria in 1888, Glasgow City Chambers is a delight for the eyes. A stunning display of Victorian civic architecture, this noble architectural landmark evolved from a competition and is the masterpiece of Scottish architect William Young. The building, which showcases a Beaux-arts style with its ornate Italianate features, mirrors the immense wealth accumulated from the historic industrial legacy associated with Glasgow. A grandiose staircase comprised of Carrara marble, mosaic ceilings, gold leaf accents, rich Spanish mahogany panelling, swathes of stained glass and pillars of granite, make up the grand Venetian-style decorations found inside.

 

2. Mitchell Library 

There’s a library, and then there’s Mitchell Library! This Edwardian Baroque temple of books was established in 1877, and boasts a vast array of windows, columns and a splendid bronze domed roof with ornate detailing. Perched atop this divine dome is Literature (or Minerva, the Roman goddess of wisdom), a bronze statue by Thomas Clapperton. An extension building was created between the years of 1972 and 1980.

The library, based in the Charing Cross district, was initially established in Ingram Street in 1877 following a bequest from Stephen Mitchell, a wealthy tobacco producer, whose company, Stephen Mitchell & Son, would become one of the constituent members of the Imperial Tobacco Company. Part of the original collection came from a purchase in 1874 by Glasgow Corporation of 1800 early books gifted to the University of Glasgow from the Glasgow philanthropist William Euing. New buildings were erected in North Street. A foundation stone was laid by Andrew Carnegie in September 1907.  The completed building was opened by Lord Rosebery on 16 October 1911. 

The library contains a large public library, with approximately 1,213,000 volumes. While composed mainly of reference material it also has a substantial lending facility which began in 2005. The North Street building, with its distinctive copper dome surmounted by Thomas Clapperton’s bronze statue entitled Literature (often referred to as Minerva, the Roman goddess of wisdom) opened in 1911. The architectural competition for the library was held in 1906 and was won by William B. Whitie. The Edwardian Baroque building is protected as a category B listed building.  The vast majority of the library’s collection however is housed in the Extension Building, which was built between 1972 and 1980. Located to the west of the original building it occupies the site of the St Andrew’s Halls, which were designed by James Sellars, and opened in 1877. Acquired by Glasgow Corporation in 1890 it was Scotland`s pre-eminent venue for concerts and meetings.  It had a large and striking classical facade and included a Grand Hall which could hold 4,500 people, two Lesser Halls, further small halls and a large ballroom. The building was gutted by fire on 26 October 1962, although the facade survived and was later incorporated into the 1980 extension of the Mitchell Library, with the principal entrance now being in Granville Street.

 

3. The Lighthouse 

The Lighthouse is the very first public commission of Charles Rennie Mackintosh and, dating back to 1895, has his creative stamp all over it. Now Scotland’s Centre for Design and Architecture, The Lighthouse has a history as the former home ofThe Glasgow Herald. The spiraling staircase is totally hypnotic and the view of the cityscape from the Mackintosh Tower is unrivalled.

The Lighthouse, Scotland’s Centre for Design and Architecture, is a visitor centre, exhibition space and events venue situated in the heart of Glasgow, just off the Style Mile. The Lighthouse acts as a beacon for the creative industries in Scotland and promotes design and architecture through a vibrant programme of exhibitions and events. Formerly housing The Glasgow Herald, The Lighthouse was the first public commission completed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, and is the perfect place to begin a Mackintosh tour of Glasgow.

 

4. GoMA

The most visited modern art gallery in Scotland, Glasgow’s GoMA is the pride and joy of Royal Exchange Square in the city centre. The gallery is housed in an iconic building located in the heart of Glasgow, which it shares with the city centre library. It plays an important part in the city’s rich heritage which continues today. For over 100 years the building was a centre for business and commercial exchange where information and goods were traded. GoMA continues that philosophy of exchange by being a centre for people to gather, discuss and learn, inspired by the art it collects and shows.

GoMA believes in working with every community of the city and has gained international recognition for its social engagement programming. Constructed in 1778, this neoclassical building is the former townhouse of a wealthy tobacco lord. Having passed through many owners, the building underwent reconstruction from 1827 to 1832, resulting in the addition of the notable Corinthian pillars, cupola and substantial hall. Today, it receives widespread attention from visitors and locals alike, eager to unlock the beautiful wonders inside. In front of the gallery, on the Queen Street pavement, stands an equestrian statue of the Duke of Wellington sculpted by Carlo Marochetti in 1844.  The statue usually has a traffic cone on its head; for many years the authorities regularly removed cones, only for them to be replaced. The jauntily placed cone has come to represent, particularly in tourist guidebooks, the city’s light-hearted attitude to authority. 

 

5. The Glasgow School of Art 

The school is housed in a number of buildings in the centre of Glasgow, upon Garnethill, an area first developed by William Harley of Blythswood Hill in the early 1800s. The most famous of its buildings was designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh in phases between 1896 and 1909. The eponymous Mackintosh Building soon became one of the city’s iconic landmarks and stood for over 100 years. It is an icon of the Modern Style (British Art Nouveau style). The building was severely damaged by fire in May 2014 and destroyed by a second fire in June 2018, with only the burnt-out shell remaining.

An international architectural competition was launched in March 2009 to find the design team to prepare a campus masterplan and detailed design of the first new building phase.  The winner of the competition was Steven Holl Architects, working in partnership with Glasgow’s JM Architects and Arup Engineering. Work commenced in 2011 and continued until 2013. The building was structurally complete in 2013. The new building was named the Reid Building after the Director who was in post at the time of the commissioning: Dame Seona Reid, and won Building of the Year at the 2014 Architects’ Journal awards – the AJ100 Awards in May 2014, and the Award for Arts or Entertainment Structures at the IStructE’s 2014 Structural Awards. It was awarded the Sir Hugh Casson Award in 2014 for the worst new building of the year, being described as a “crude and insufferably arrogant essay in minimalist neo-modernism”. Personally, I like it! 

 

North End Glasgow 

1.Queen’s Cross

Queen’s Cross Church is a former Church of Scotland parish church in Glasgow, Scotland. It is the only church designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh to have been built; hence, it is also known as The Mackintosh Church. Unlike many churches in Glasgow, Mackintosh’s church doesn’t have a huge towering spire, and is rather squat and more like a Norman Castle, called ‘Modern gothic’ by other architects. The main south-west tower was modelled on one at Merriot in Somerset which Mackintosh visited in 1895.

In 1896, the Free Church of St Matthew, Glasgow, commissioned a new church and hall from the experienced Glasgow architectural practice of Honeyman and Keppie, to be located within the developing area of Springbank, near Maryhill. John Honeyman allocated the job to his young, talented, trainee architect, Charles Rennie Mackintosh. The site was an awkward one, being on a corner plot and butted by tenements and a large warehouse. In keeping with their beliefs, the Free Church required simplicity in design. A memorial stone was laid on 23 June 1898 and the church held its first service on 10 September 1899.

Although he designed an Anglican Cathedral for Liverpool, as part of a competition, it was never built, so Queen’s Cross was the only Mackintosh church to be completed. Building started shortly after Mackintosh finished his competition design for the Glasgow School of Art. It is built at Queen’s Cross, at the junction of Garscube Road and Maryhill Road in Glasgow’s Maryhill area.

 

2. Ruchill Free Church Halls

Ruchill Church Hall, designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, was built as a mission for the Free Church of Scotland and completed in 1899. It is located at 15/17 Shakespeare Street, a side road off Maryhill Road, Glasgow, Scotland, close to the bridge which takes Ruchill Street across the Forth and Clyde Canal to the Ruchill area, and near a shopping centre on the main road. The adjacent church closer to the canal was constructed later, designed by a different architect.

The building provides two halls, with the main hall having a section divided off by a sliding folding partition, and two committee rooms. It is in active use by the congregation of the church, and is open daily providing community facilities as well as a “Mackintosh Tea Room” providing teas and snacks in the main hall for anyone wanting to visit. Entering from Shakespeare Street, a committee room is to the right, while to the left a passageway leads past a screened washbasin to a door to the stairwell. Next on the left is a small kitchen / servery, while straight ahead from the main entrance doors lead into the corner of the main hall. On the right a large bay is separated off from the main hall with a sliding folding partition incorporating high level glazed panels with Mackintosh’s characteristic stained glass inserts.

The stair leads up to a short corridor past toilet facilities located above the kitchen, leading to an upper committee room directly above the committee room downstairs, and to an upper hall above the bay off the main hall. These two rooms are separated by a sliding folding partition which can be opened to form one long rectangular space. The roof structure to the upper committee room and hall is exposed, with roof lights to both rooms, and its gable forms a strong shape to the right of the front elevation. The hall is notable for the unusual distinction of having a clear representation of a human face in its main elevation, although it is unclear whether this was deliberate on the part of the architect.

 

3. The Whisky Bond 

Originally built as a bonded warehouse for Highland Distilleries in 1957, since 2012 we’ve become home to a community of designers, makers, creative businesses, artists and social innovators. The Cheapside Street whisky bond fire in Glasgow on 28 March 1960 was Britain’s worst peacetime fire services disaster. Home to Glasgow Sculpture Studios,The Whisky Bond has world-class production facilities in wood, metal, plaster and ceramics. These workshops on the ground floor can be accessed by upper floor tenants via membership or via GSS’ commercial fabrication service. The Whisky Bond sits on the Glasgow Canal, with a pretty spectacular view over the city’s skyline. The Whisky Bond is located in Speirs Locks, a 10-minute walk from Cowcaddens or St. George’s Cross subway stations. With a community garden, fantastic views and walks along the canal at lunchtime, The Whisky Bond offers an escape from the bustle of town with the space you need to be inspired.

 

4. Kibble Palace

It was at his home at Coulport on the shores of Loch Long that Kibble erected his glass palace. The architects of what originally was known as ‘The Kibble Crystal Art Palace,’ were John Boucher and James Cousland. In 1871 Kibble entered into negotiations to have the structure dismantled and moved by barge to Glasgow where it was to be reconstructed in the Botanic Gardens. It was much enlarged at the time of the move with the addition of the large circular dome 150 ft in diameter and the extension of the transepts to form an impressive front elevation. The new palace opened in 1873. Then its interior was lit by 600 gas lamps which could be coloured for effect. Moody and Sankey were North American evangelists who toured Scotland on a number of occasions. In May 1874 a meeting in the Kibble Palace was arranged. By the time Moody arrived there were so many people both inside and outside the Palace he had to preach from the back of a horse-drawn cab. Estimates of the time say 6,000 people were inside the Palace while a vast throng of between 15,000 – 30,000 were outside.

The two greatest British politicians of the Victorian era were installed as rectors of Glasgow University in the Kibble Palace. Benjamin Disraeli – Lord Beaconsfield – on 19th November 1873 and William Ewart Gladstone in December 1879. The purchase of the Kibble Palace for the Botanic Gardens led the Royal Botanic Institution of Glasgow into serious financial difficulties. The tree fern collection was planted in the 1880’s and today forms an National Collection. The Kibble Palace closed in September 2003 and over the following 3 years was dismantled and restored off site before being re-erected on its plinth in the Botanic Gardens. The building officially re-opened on Saint Andrew’s Day (30 November) 2006.

In 1881 a loan was procured from the Corporation of the City of Glasgow to rebuild the main range of glasshouses which had been moved from the original site. This was a fateful point in the Garden’s history. The Royal Botanic Institution of Glasgow was incapable of repaying the loan and so the Corporation took over the running of the Botanic Gardens on 1st April 1887. At this time however, the Gardens were outside the city boundary. In 1891 the City of Glasgow Act was passed bringing the Gardens finally into the city’s possession. The City of Glasgow is bound by law to maintain the Gardens as a public park and botanic garden in perpetuity. Between 1988 and 2004 the Main Range of Glasshouses underwent refurbishment from the original wooden structure to a metal one. The internationally acclaimed plant houses provide environments for the cultivation and display of tropical plants. House 1 (the conservatory) provides floral displays throughout the year.

 

East End Glasgow 

1. People’s Palace And Winter Gardens

Since the grand opening in 1898, The People’s Palace And Winter Gardens has served as a kind of time capsule for the preservation of the city’s social narratives. The building is comprised of Locahrbriggs Red Sandstone, one of the most sought after of its kind, and is the work of Alexander B. McDonald, the city engineer. Stylistically speaking, it has been deemed ‘an adaptation of the later French Renaissance’. Those with a discerning eye, will appreciate the sculptural elements and the Doulton Fountain. The magical conservatory sports sheets of glass rooted by cast-iron columns and a curvaceous steel roof.

 

2. St. Mungo Museum Of Religious Life & Art

Another medieval building found in the Cathedral Square, the museum just opened in 1993 and is considered as the only public museum in the world dedicated to Christian faith. The museum was named after the patron saint of Glasgow who introduced Christianity to the country in the 6th century. The design of the museum was made in the same style as the Bishop’s Castle.  The galleries are full of displays, objects and stunning works of art that explore the importance of religion in peoples’ lives across the world and across time. The venue aims to promote understanding and respect between people of different faiths and those of none and offers something for everyone. There are regular events, from family-friendly activities to talks about culture and religion in Scotland today. Or you can relax in the popular cafe which opens out to the first Zen garden in Britain.

The museum is a haven of tranquility in a busy city and its galleries are filled with works of art and artifacts that explore the importance of religion in people’s lives across the world and across time. The museum sits across from Provand’s Lordship, which is the oldest house in Glasgow, and alongside the Glasgow Cathedral. Why not take a trip to visit all three?

 

3. Templeton on the Green 

Glasgow’s Venetian Masterpiece, designed as much out of spite as anything else. In the late 1800’s following repeated rejections James Templeton challenged architect William Leiper to design something, impossible to reject. It is said to have been styled upon Doges Palace in Venice, and was designed with such grandeur as to appease the wealthy patrons of nearby Monteith Street. Templeton On The Green, converted from the Templeton Carpet Factory, is a distinctive building near the People’s Palace, in Glasgow, Scotland, opened in 1892.  In 1984 it was converted into the Templeton Business Centre, then in 2005 a major regeneration project made it into a mixed use ‘lifestyle village’ incorporating apartments, office space, and the WEST brewery, bar and restaurant.

After repeated design proposals had been rejected by Glasgow Corporation, James Templeton hired the famous architect William Leiper to produce a design that would be so grand it could not possibly be rejected, so William Leiper modelled the building on the Doge’s Palace in Venice.  (Venetian Gothic style). Construction began in 1888. On 1 November 1889, during construction, the factory façade collapsed due to insecure fixings and the wind which blew it down. 29 women were killed in adjacent weaving sheds. The building was completed in 1892.  (The story of the disaster is carved in a section of stone beneath the base of Templeton Gate, installed during refurbishment work to the area in 2005.) The building was completed in 1892, at a cost of £20,000 but restoration of the collapsed facade and weaving sheds added £3000 to the building costs. A fire in the factory in 1900 resulted in more deaths, commemorated by a female statue on top of the facade.

 

Southside Glasgow 

1.Holmwood House

Completed in 1857, Holmwood House, with its influential design and ornamented garnishings, is a residential villa by the great architect and architectural theorist Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson. Renowned for his trailblazing work in sustainable building, and penchant for Ionic Greek style, Thomson created this villa for prominent paper manufacturer James Couper. This Greek Revival house shows no shortage of pillars and elaborate accents. A significant amount of the original interior still exists today, most notably the polychromatic decorations, sculptures and frieze panels demonstrating Homer’s Iliad.

Holmwood House is the finest and most elaborate residential villa designed by the Scottish architect Alexander “Greek” Thomson. It is also rare in retaining much of its original interior decor, and being open to the public. A Category A listed building, the villa is located at 61-63 Netherlee Road, Cathcart, in the southern suburbs of Glasgow, and is owned by the National Trust for Scotland. Holmwood is considered to be immensely influential by several architectural historians, because the design as published in Villa and Cottage Architecture: select examples of country and suburban residence recently erected in 1868 may have influenced Frank Lloyd Wright and other proto-modernist architects.

Holmwood was altered in the 1920s by the owner, James Gray. After World War II it was purchased by a local vet, James McElhone and his family, wife Betty and children: Rosemary, James, Helen and Paul. Holmwood was then sold to the Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions who obliterated much of the original decoration with plain paint. The gardener’s cottage was demolished in the 1970s; the grounds and those of an adjacent villa were used for a Catholic primary school. The nuns put the property on the market in the early 1990s, and there was a danger that the grounds would be developed for housing, destroying the setting of the villa. Following an appeal, Holmwood was acquired by the National Trust for Scotland in 1994 with the support of £1.5million from the National Heritage Memorial Fund. It was restored by Page\Park Architects in 1997–1998. Their work included undoing the 1920s alterations and rebuilding the connecting screen wall to the coach house. Patrick Baty carried out the paint analysis.

 

West End Glasgow 

1.Riverside Museum 

A sort of imitation of the shape-shifting fluidity of the clouds in the sky, Riverside Museum is a stunning example of modern architecture. Designed by the late prolific Dame Zaha Hadid, DBE — the first woman to be awarded the Pritzker Architecture Prize — Riverside is an architectural portrayal of Glasgow’s rich industrial, maritime and shipbuilding heritage. Glass facades beckon dancing rays of light to infiltrate the building, while imposing angles add to the futuristic feel. Riverside Museum is the first purpose-built museum created by Glasgow Life in the 21st century. Located at the junction of the Rivers Kelvin and Clyde, it houses the city’s fabulous transport and technology collections, which have been gathered over the centuries and which reflect the important part Glasgow has played in the world through its contributions to heavy industries like shipbuilding, train manufacturing and engineering.

“The Riverside Museum is a fantastic project where the exhibits and building come together at this prominent and historic location on the Clyde waterfront. The complex geometries of the extruded design continue Glasgow’s rich engineering traditions and will be a part of the city’s future as a centre of innovation.” – Dame Zaha Hadid (1950-2016).

 

2. Clyde Auditorium

The Clyde Auditorium or SEC Armadillo is Glasgow’s own unintentional Sydney Opera House. Built to accommodate the ever-burgeoning SECC conference centre complex between 1995 and 1997, the famous armadillo characteristics actually represent a group of ship’s hulls, signifying the Clyde’s deep-rooted shipbuilding heritage. This modern alien-like edifice designed by the highly acclaimed architects Foster And Partners, is an integral component of Glasgow’s eclectic architectural style. The building has quickly become one of the most recognisable on Clydeside and one of the images mostassociated with modern Glasgow

 

3. Kelvingrove Art Gallery And Museum

A beloved building ingrained into the Glaswegian psyche, Kelvingrove stands out with its handsome facade constructed of Locharbriggs Red Sandstone. Design kudos can be accredited to E.J. Milner Allen and Sir John W. Simpson, who created this Spanish Baroque building in 1901. It’s hard to tell which is more impressive — the esteemed European fine art collection within or the exquisite architectural design of both the interior and exterior. Take note of the sculptural work of George Frampton, William Shirrefs and Francis Derwent Wood when you look around.

The centrepiece of the Centre Hall is a concert pipe organ constructed and installed by Lewis & Co. The organ was originally commissioned as part of the Glasgow International Exhibition, held in Kelvingrove Park in 1901. The organ was installed in the concert hall of the exhibition, which was capable of seating 3,000 people. The Centre Hall of the then newly completed Art Gallery and Museum was intended from the beginning to be a space in which to hold concerts. When the 1901 exhibition ended, a Councillor urged the Glasgow Corporation (now Glasgow Council) to purchase the organ, stating that without it, “the art gallery would be a body without a soul”. Purchase price and installation costs were met from the surplus exhibition proceeds, and the organ was installed in the Centre Hall by Lewis and Co. The present case front in walnut with non-functional display pipes was commissioned at this time from John W. Simpson. Simpson was the senior partner of Simpson & Milner Allen, architects of the gallery building

 

Merchant City Glasgow 

1.Willow Tea Rooms

The Willow Tearooms are tearooms at 217 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, Scotland, designed by internationally renowned architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh, which opened for business in October 1903. They quickly gained enormous popularity, and are the most famous of the many Glasgow tearooms that opened in the late 19th and early 20th century. The building was fully restored, largely to Mackintosh’s original designs, between 2014 and 2018. It was re-opened as working tea rooms in July 2018 and trades under the name “Mackintosh at The Willow”. This follows a trademark dispute with the former operator of The Willow Tearooms which was resolved in 2017.  This name is now used at tea room premises in Buchanan Street and was also additionally used at the Watt Brothers Department Store in Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow between 2016 and its closure in 2019. 

The Tea Rooms at 217 Sauchiehall Street first opened in 1903 and are the only surviving Tea Rooms designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh for local entrepreneur and patron Miss Catherine Cranston. Over the years and through various changes of ownership and use, the building had deteriorated until it was purchased in 2014 by The Willow Tea Rooms Trust in order to prevent the forced sale of the building, closure of the Tea Rooms and loss of its contents to collectors.  

 

 

Chat Box

Home Expert (Bot)
Hello, how are you? Ask me anything about interior design, home improvement, home decor, real estate, gardening and furniture.