Looking for a small crib? While you can't buy tiny cribs other than a bassinet, you can get cribs that aren't huge (some are huge). We set out a great list of a variety of small baby cribs. Check it out.
When you’re in the market for a crib, chances are you’re expecting your first baby (unless #2 followed #1 quickly). It’s super exciting, but there’s a lot to prep such as the baby nursery, clothing, diapers, travel gear, food, etc. I remember thinking baby arrival preparation was a lot of work. Little did I realize that paled in comparison to when our first son arrived. But, as much work and sleep deprivation having a baby is, I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
When it comes to cribs, there are a lot of options available; if you are a first-time parent, it is very easy to fall to the trap of going over the top for your baby. Though that is not a bad thing, it is also wise to learn the essentials and your baby’s needs so you can provide him or her with the most suitable crib while having enough budget for all of the other baby essentials.
Small baby cribs defined: Generally, baby cribs are much the same size. They must be a certain size; however, some cribs are exceptionally large. Our list of small cribs sticks to standard crib sizes – so while not miniature (you wouldn’t want that) they are not huge cribs. Moreover, we break up our list by different classifications such as portable, travel, various materials, colors, etc.
Related: Different Types of Cribs
1. Portable Crib
Portable cribs, as the term implies, are cribs that can be folded into a smaller piece. This is perfect for small space and families with no permanently assigned nursery room yet. The wooden frame also ensures the longevity of the product which is perfect for “hand-me-downs” or future resell.
- Though the product is durable with its solid wooden frame, it is still lightweight and easy to carry when folded.
- Portability makes it also perfect for travel.
- Easy to clean and assemble.
- It is not convertible, but side “fence” can be removed so you can have it as an extension to your bed.
- Only has one fixed position for the mattress.
- The paint has a strong odor.
2. Travel Crib
We have the Baby Bjorn travel crib and it’s one of the best baby gear items we have. This thing is amazing. So easy to set up, very portable, durable… I do not have one bad thing to say about. We’ve had it for 6 years and it’s served 2 babies. If you’re in the market for a travel crib, this is my favorite.
Travel cribs are also portable cribs that are mainly used for travel purposes. This is because travel cribs assemble and weighs pretty much like a tent. This crib is very lightweight, yet durable and sturdy.
- Conveniently easy to assembly anytime, anywhere.
- The “fence” is translucent which gives way to superior supervision.
- Effortless packing and stowing away.
- Perfect for families who frequently travels and flies.
- The mattress pad is too thin, not very cushy, so it is best for older toddlers than young infants.
- The crib itself is deep, so t is not recommended for short parents.
- Some reported that their crib has been dented and folded when it was checked-in the airplane so be extra careful with packing.
3. Convertible Crib
For those parents who are fond of investing in multi-purpose items, this type of crib is perfect for you! It saves you a lot of money in spending on two or more different type of furniture. It saves money and space. Who wouldn’t love it? This crib will surely be of good use since it converts into a toddler bed/day bed as your baby grows up. You can also use it as a bed extension so that you can co-sleep with your baby.
- Longer functionality timeframe. Your baby will grow with it.
- The mattress is adjustable.
- Thick and firm mattress.
- High durability with a low price.
- No strong smell.
- Some consumers reported difficulty in assembly.
- Other people find the railings to short–easy for your baby to climb out of.
4. Rocking Crib
If you have a young infant at home, this crib will save you from backaches in trying to constantly bend over whenever your baby needs rocking. This crib function as a crib and a rocker in one! The beautiful design is just a bonus!
- Small and space-saving.
- You will love the rocker function.
- Has detachable wheels when you need it.
- has 4 adjustable mattress positions.
- Not expandable.
- Prone to scratches.
5. Folding Crib
Folding cribs are also portable cribs that can easily fold up to maximize spaces when not in use. This is perfect for parents who have small apartments or those who love to travel frequently. This type of crib also has casters that add to its portability when moving from one room to another. The design and color are also lovely.
- Materials used are strong and durable.
- Dimension is small which is perfect for small spaces.
- Beautiful design that matches any room.
- Affordable and convenient to use.
- The cushion is not thick enough for most consumers. You will have to purchase a separate one if you want to address that concern.
- Paint has a strong smell.
When it comes to choosing the best color for your crib, you can never go wrong with white. It is perfect for baby boys and girls and has the pure juvenile aura. Any room would look good and can perfectly match the colors of a white crib. Take a look at this one!
- Small and portable.
- Matches any interior design and color.
- Great alternative to bassinette.
- Assembly is quick and easy.
- The crib has a strong smell.
- The paint easily chips.
<For parents with a much more modern taste, the grey color is perfect for a crib. It has all the same advantages to having a white crib which can match any room, except that grey paint is less prone to stains and dirt. The grey color is universal and your baby boy or girl will love it as much as you do.
- Does not stain or soil easily.
- The design is modern and classy.
- Portable and small-space friendly.
- The only complaints regarding this product are related to shipping.
Nothing will be more universal than the color black. Look at how this crib looks amazingly expensive just by the color of its frames. The wooden frame looks and feels fantastic, plus the design is a fairly compact with no curves or add-ons.
A wooden crib is a top choice for many parents for all seasons. It is everything that you love about cribs–durability, elegant design and sturdy frames. The best part of wooden cribs is the fact that you can convert and reconstruct it when your baby is already old enough to use it as bed or other pieces of furniture.
- Elegant design and finish.
- With caster wheels for portability.
- Convertible and durable build.
- Multifunctional with high longevity. (4 in 1: crib, toddler bed, day bed and full-sized bed).
- Difficult to assemble.
- Scratches easily.
- Quality issues.
As the technology and design advances, so as our taste for beautiful cribs. This modern design is very lovely to look at and it is convertible and multifunctional at the same time. You will be surprised how useful it is to have this crib even when your infant already has outgrown it.
- Universal and multifunctional.
- Build is made of wood, thus durable and firm
- Difficulty of assembly.
- Wood needs maintenance.
- Not portable.
11. With storage
I totally fell in love with this crib at first glance. In the world where space is more like a privilege than a necessity. This multifunctional crib is perfect for small-space dwellers. You can easily put all the baby’s necessities into its arm-reach shelves like the milk, toys and books!
- Convenience. Everything you and your baby’s needs are just an arm-reach away.
- Wooden frame can be repainted to suit your needs.
- Difficulty of assembly.
- Wood needs maintenance.
12. With changing table
Most common households today already want their cribs to have a changing table. The dual functionality saves time and is more convenient for parents. This is perfect for parents on the go and those who work at home since it saves a lot of time whenever the baby needs changing.
- Dual functionality saves time and space.
- Makes changing diapers faster and easier.
- It has drawers and compartments where you can store baby’s needs and essentials
- Not portable.
- Can be heavy and immobile.
- Assembly takes time.
- Wood requires maintenance and can be prone to scratches.
13. For Parents’ Room
Dream On Me Ashton 5 in 1 Convertible Crib
The luxurious and intricate design of this crib will fit most appropriately in the parents’ room.
- 4 mattress positions available to support growing infant.
- Comes in elegant wooden finishes.
- The materials used are safe for babies.
- Durable and lasts long.
- Difficult to assemble.
- Not portable.
Dream On Me Violet 7 in 1 Convertible Life Style Crib
This 7 in 1 Convertible Crib has an elegant finish that can be used inside the parents/primarys’ room.
- The 7 in 1 Convertibility allows the owner/parents to transform it into a daybed, toddler bed, and full-sized bed.
- The design is very beautiful and appealing to those with either modern and classic taste.
- Parents and babies love this crib.
- Like other wooden furniture, this wooden crib is prone to scratches and requires maintenance.
14. Small Cribs For Baby Boy
Bedtime Originals 3 Piece Snoopy Sports Bedding Set
This Snoopy Bedtime set is perfect for baby boys’ nurseries. The theme of Snoopy is a great reminder that the dog is really the man’s best friend–and babies too!
- The snoopy sports bedding is perfect for young active little boys.
- Has bumper and support sheets to prevent injuries.
- Cloth material does not shrink or fade after frequent washing.
- No consumer had reported negative feedback or review yet of this item.
GEENNY Baby Nautical Explorer 13 Piece Nursery Crib Bedding Set
The nautical explorer bedding set is perfect for parents who want to have a gender appropriate color for baby boys while still having a modern and elegant look of the crib/room. It also comes with additional matching accessories to complete the entire nautical theme look!
- Beautiful and elegant theme.
- Comes with decorative mattress and pillows.
- The theme is already pre-set.
- The comforter can be too thin for some.
15. Compact Cribs For Baby Girl
Disney Princess 3 Piece Comforter Set
You’ll love how this bedding set looks great on your little princess’ crib/room.
- Looks pretty and lovely in any room.
- Crib set is highly personalized for little baby girls.
- Does not fade and shrink after repeated washing.
16. Round Cribs
Round cribs are oftne smaller than traditional rectangle cribs.
Check out our full gallery of round baby cribs here.