Design Within Reach was founded in 1998 by Mr. Rob Forbes. Mr. Forbes, familiar with the simple, clean lines of furniture in London, sought to purchase the same type of furniture in the States. However, he was disappointed to find that he could not readily obtain these superior products.
Thus, blossomed the idea of Design Within Reach. Located in many cities throughout the United States, DWR provides quality authentic modern design.
Their products are produced with only the finest materials and constructed by highly trained craftsmen, making them comfortable and able to stand the test of time. Their success is reflected in sales volumes which topped out at more than $2 million in 2018. For a complete list of DWR stores, go to ‘The DWR Experience‘ page. The website contains a plethora of information. To see the newest arrivals, go to https://www.dwr.com/new or for some great deals, check out https://www.dwr.com/sale.
Table of Contents
Design Within Reach or DWR is proud to present a free print catalog. Recipients can stay up to date with all of the latest available style trends and top-grade modern design. A new catalog is sent out each month so clients will always have access to fresh new looks, colors, and styles. All this for FREE! Although they do provide a catalog opt-out option, customers will look forward to receiving each and every new edition automatically. The trip to the mailbox to receive a DWR monthly publication will be well worth the walk. Recipients can also sign up to receive emails regarding new products, special offers, and upcoming in-studio events.
To request a catalog subscription, fill out the ‘Request a Catalog‘ form. At the end of each month, subscribers will receive a new catalog with a showcase of stunning new ideas to dress up any home. If preferred, a catalog can be picked up at any of their many locations from Arizona to Wisconsin and everything in between. Each catalog is filled with sale items as well as examples for living, dining, bedroom and more. Recipients will feast their eyes on the newest from designers such as Charles and Ray Eames, Jens Risom, Achille Castiglioni, Jon Gasca and many more. Manufacturers include Herman Miller, HAY, Vitra and an arsenal of others. Everyone from professional interior decorators to commercial property owners to individual homeowners can request these remarkable monthly catalogs and partake of the thrill of seeing all that is offered.
If customers would rather get an online version of the catalog, DWR offers that as well. Downloading the catalog will present the opportunity to spend countless hours pouring over the pages and pages of lovely, unique furnishings available through Design Within Reach. This quality online catalog feels just like a real book except an individual can whip out his/her phone while waiting in line and take a look anytime he/she wants! Featuring pages of individual items and examples of entire rooms, planning a new, updated bedroom, living room, office space, or just about anywhere in the home will be a breeze. Once the online catalog is launched, users can hover the cursor over the bottom part and see some controls for usage. These enable the user to see the catalog in grid form, search different pages, print, add or remove favorites, look at all favorites, zoom in or out, and share the catalog with friends, family and others via text with a link or email, or on social media such as Facebook or Twitter. By hovering the cursor over the catalog, the arrow keys will appear to scroll through to the next page. This catalog is available to the general public as well as trade partners.
Especially For Trade Partners
For trade partners who have a preference for an electronic version of the DWR catalog, there is an online version. You can download the Trade Sourcebook ranging from 2017-2019. These full-color, exquisite volumes, feature the most current listing of furnishings available through DWR manufacturers and designers. From accessories to lighting to rugs, trade partners will be able to see it all. Whether searching for that one special item to complete a room or looking to redecorate an entire house, this tool will provide just what is needed. Convenient and eye-catching, clients will enjoy the decorating experience while perusing these online examples of fabulous choices for one item or an entire room. Tradespeople can order out of the catalog or request a custom made order for that one of kind chair or table to win over even the most persnickety clients. Complete with over 300 pages of every style, color, collection, designer, and manufacturer, the online catalog will keep the creative flow going all the time! Once inside the Trade Sourcebook, users will notice some options in the top right-hand corner. These can be used to rotate the direction of the catalog, download or print it, as well as bookmark pages to save favorites. In the lower right, there are toggle buttons to make the catalog fit to the page or zoom in or out.
Getting ideas is part of the creative process. There are many free catalogs available that will help determine exactly what a client is looking for. Inspiration is key to finding the perfect fit for every room. Sitting for hours pouring over glossy pages and imagining a new room, will keep clients focused on decision making. The last thing anyone wants to do is get a renovation project done and see a new style they like better because there wasn’t enough research done. To get started, check out these 5 catalogs that are similar to Design With Reach that can also help with that next design renovation:
- Pier 1 Imports produces a monthly volume of their catalog. Customers can see the latest products available in the store and get design ideas. The physical form of their catalog is rich with thick pages and could be used as a coffee table book as it is beautifully presented. Some of their theme-oriented catalogs are titled ‘The Colors of Harvest’, ‘Blue Coastal’, and ‘Easter Dining Event’, to name a few.
- Pottery Barn is also a monthly publication. In addition, they send out seasonal magazines to assist with decorating and entertaining during the holidays. Their catalog is an expose’ of unique furniture ideas as well as accessories for the bathroom, dining table, kitchen, and office. Go to the website to view their online version as far back as early spring 2017.
- Ballard Designs catalog is bursting with European Contemporary styles in every color and fabric imaginable. Their magazine is packed with not only furniture but linens, tableware, throw pillows and outdoor decor. Some of the unique items they carry are monogrammed gifts, pet products, art, sculptures, wallpaper, and topiaries. This is a great place to see some different detailed ideas.
- Ikea is one of the most popular home design catalogs particularly among the younger, more budget-conscious crowd. This catalog is thick and has a very modern, relaxed feel to it. Composed of Swedish-based, multi-national goods, Ikea is loved by many. Its modern showroom features ways to make a small space work, complete with sample tiny areas visitors can walkthrough. One of the biggest reasons Ikea is popular is the pricing. The products they carry are not always meant for long term use but make it easy to redecorate often. But buyer beware, most items need to be assembled and the directions are sometimes confusing. For shoppers who love a challenge, plan for an afternoon putting together Ikea furniture!
- Wayfair is an online-only store that offers up to 70% off household items such as furniture, decor, pet supplies, outdoor decor, stuff for kids, cabinet hardware, tile, sinks, faucets, fireplaces, and more. Their tagline is ‘a zillion things home’ and they aren’t kidding! Clients can only order a catalog if they live within the United States so those who live somewhere else are out of luck. They do not have an online catalog but since everything is listed on their site with pricing, shoppers don’t really need a catalog unless they just love to smell a new book!
There are many more home design catalogs available to choose from. Homeowners looking to renovate or redecorate can order a myriad of home interior brochures to inspire and get the imagination working. Professional decorators and organizers should consider ordering many different catalogs to have on hand. This will assist with helping clients make decisions considering style, colors, textures, lines, patterns and more. Because clients will often arrive with a set plan in mind, catalogs target the actual availability and will keep expectations realistic. To see an entire list of other furniture and design catalogs to build a library, check out this list from Home Stratosphere.
Other Ways To Shop Design Within Reach
While wading through a well put together catalog can be fun, sometimes a customer wants to see everything in person. The need to be able to touch, see and try out products before buying is often a requirement. That is why DWR has over 40 locations, 5 of which are international stores. They work with top quality designers and manufacturers that are showcased in the studios so buyers can make the best decision for their lifestyle and preferences.
An added bonus is DWR’s design services. Their studio set up includes complimentary expert design advice, space planning, and special 3-D software so clients can see the room or rooms exactly as they will appear when the changes are done. DWR can come to the customer’s home and do measuring to give a big picture of how to layout the furniture on their special 3-D software. With the aid of design specialists, clients will have the dream room or home they have been waiting for. Coming to a DWR studio will provide visitors the convenience necessary to get home redecoration done quickly and efficiently. Their customer service-oriented designers coupled with so much to choose from will ensure the buyers will walk away fully satisfied!
If a potential customer isn’t located near one of their stores, don’t worry! DWR can schedule a phone design consultation to discuss and plan any decorating project. DWR wants all of their clients to have the opportunity to accomplish their home and lifestyle goals.
Looking for that perfect gift for that special someone? DWR has a wish list area so loved ones can make a comprehensive list for gift-givers to shop from at their convenience. DWR also has a gift registry for couples just starting out or buying a new home. Gift registries take the guesswork out of gift buying and eliminate receiving items that a couple may already have or that may not be their style.
Customers can experience all that Design Within Reach has to offer. They want to be your home design and decor vendor of choice. Call the toll-free number today to make an appointment for a personalized design consultation: 1-800-944-2233 and press ‘1’. If site visitors prefer, they can email DWR on their ‘contact us‘ page.
Home Stratosphere is an award-winning home and garden online publication that’s a result of our talented researchers and writers who work directly with hundreds of professional interior designers, furniture designers, landscape designers and architects from around the world to create helpful, informative, entertaining and inspiring articles and design galleries.