I should clarify one thing. The kitchens showcased here are either Craftsman-style by design or in a Craftsman-style home.
A big kitchen works best for achieving a true Craftsman aesthetic because of its spaciousness. A liberal use of wood is found throughout the room in the flooring, cabinets, and furnishings. Some kitchens may include exposed beams in the ceiling, as most vintage Craftsman homes also have this feature. While traditional Craftsman homes usually feature darker woods, like oak or walnut, contemporary designs often opt for lighter wood tones, such as blonde oak, pine, or even whitewashed finishes.
Scroll through our curated collection of current Craftsman-style kitchens.
1. Craftsman-Style Kitchen Displays a Modern Sensbility
Heavy wood elements run throughout this craftsman kitchen. It is beautifully contrasted by white marble countertops and backsplash.
2. Ambient Lighting Creates Cozy Craftsman Kitchen
Ambient lighting from glass dome pendants and recessed ceiling lights set a warm and cozy ambiance in this white craftsman-style kitchen.
3. Eclectic Mix of Styles Work Well Together in Craftsman Kitchen
Craftsman kitchen features white cabinetry, subway tile backsplash, and a deep blue island, Geometric pendants hang over the island, with rustic counter chairs adding to an eclectic mix of styles.
4. Dark Wood Contrasts with White Cabinetry in Craftsman Kitchen
The dark wood tone of the breakfast island creates a nice contrast with the white cabinetry of the craftsman kitchen.
5. White Cabinetry Brightens Craftsman Kitchen
Charming craftsman kitchen features bright white cabinetry that follows the curve of the wall. These elements are balanced by the hardwood flooring, beige colors and granite countertops.
6. Light and Dark Elements Work Off Each Other in Craftsman Kitchen
Craftsman kitchen designed with a large white island that also doubles as the breakfast bar. Pendantlights and recessed lighting llluminate the room with all the bright elements contrasted with the hardwood flooring.
- Source: Architectural Designs
7. Wood Elements Do Wonders for Spacious Craftsman Kitchen
Spacious Craftsman kitchen features matching wood elements in the cabinetry, central island, hardwood flooring, and exposed beams of the ceiling. The wood is in turn complemented by green backsplash tiles and surrounding windows.
7. Windows Open Up Space in Craftsman Kitchen Design
This may be an intimate kitchen with a small floor space but it is counterbalanced by the abundance of windows and a white ceiling that bears exposed beams. Space is maximized with a U-shaped peninsula that houses the oven and dishwasher with wooden drawers and cabinets.
8. Craftsman-Style Kitchen Makes the Most of its Environment
Spacious Craftsman-Style kitchen makes the most of its outdoor environment with wide open entrance way to back patio. A coffered gray ceiling features pendant lights hanging over an island that also doubles as a bar. The gray tones of the built-in cabinets work well with the hardwood flooring.
9. Dark Elements Balance White Craftsman Kitchen
Dark countertops and leather stools pair up with the appliances in contrast with the predominantly white craftsman-style kitchen. The white kitchen island is counter-balanced by dark wood flooring.
10. Craftsman-Style Kitchen Plays With Color Palette
Pendant lights hang from the four corners of the white ceiling illuminating the deep green hue of the wooden cabinetry. The white-tiled flooring serves as a background to the vibrant colors of the patterned area rugs.
11. Woodwork Accentuates Craftsman Aesthetic
13. Exposed Wooden Beams Support Cathedral Ceiling
Craftsman-style kitchen features a cathedral ceiling with exposed wooden beams that blend in with the cabinetry. A central island has a built-in oven with wooden drawers and cabinets, and a green-stain finish.
- Designed by Studio 6 Architects
14. Wide Windows Provide Ample Natural Light
Craftsman-style kitchen features an artsy brick pattern on white walls supplemented by ample natural light coming from the large windows. that provide views of greenery.
- Designed by sk7 design studios, inc.
15. Craftsman Kitchen Opts for Wood in Shades of Gray
Craftsman-style kitchen dominated by shades of gray and wooden elements. The central kitchen island and peninsula are topped with marble stone.
- Designed by Dietz’ Kitchen Gallery
16. Exposed Beams Define Craftsman-Style Kitchen
Exposed wooden beams in Craftsman kitchen match the wooden hues of the cabinetry built into the U-shaped peninsula and island. The island has a black countertop, while the peninsula has a lighter-colored countertop that matches with the tiles of the backsplash.
- Designed by Prater Architects, Inc.
17. Center Island Doubles as Dining Table in Craftsman Kitchen
Wooden shutters cover the windows that flank the large cabinet in this Craftsman-Style kitchen. The kitchen island rcan serve as a dining table as well with slat-backed stools that match the cabinetry.
- Designed by YesterTec Design Company
18. Fabulous Craftsmanship Displayed Throughout Kitchen
Fabulous craftsmanship is shown throughout this Craftsman kitchen. The white cabinetry is balanced with light-hued flooring and a white ceiling that receives natural light from the windows.
- Designed by Tim Moss
19. Elegant Craftsman-Style Kitchen Features White Cathedral Ceiling
Elegant Craftsman-style kitchen features a white cathedral ceiling with exposed wooden beams, reminiscent of a farmhouse. The white cabinets, drawers and countertops are accented by light gray hues of the kitchen island and modern metallic appliances.
- Designed by Pettis Builders
20. Extensive Woodwork dominates Craftsman Kitchen Design
Wood elements dominate a renovated Craftsman kitchen, accented by the white countertop of the circular kitchen island and a U-shaped peninsula. The room is illuminated by a chandelier and natural lighting from French windows.
- Design by Dovetail Renovation, Inc.
21. Dark Colors Pair Well with Modern Kitchen Appliances
Elegant dark wood flooring blends into the cushioned stools surrounding the white kitchen island with a dark countertop. The cabinets and drawers, built into the white walls, have a gray hue that pairs well with the modern appliances.
22. Domed Ceiling Follows Curves of Craftsman Kitchen
Spacious Craftsman kitchen features a domed ceiling that follows the shape of the circular room. Windows dominate the walls opening the room to the outside. A large white island in the center of the room matches the U-shaped peninsula.
23. Marble Subway Tile Backsplash Surrounds Craftsman Kitchen
Craftsman-style kitchen features a marble subway tile backsplash, a large island, and gray cabinets accentuated with brass hardware. The kitchen includes a farmhouse sink and a cooking range paired with a bespoke vent hood.
24. Warm Lighting Provides Cozy Vibe in Craftsman Kitchen
Craftsman kitchen features white cabinets, a breakfast island, and an adjoining breakfast nook. Warm lights from the linear chandelier and recessed ceiling lights bring a cozy vibe to the kitchen.
25. Oversized Dome Pendants Hang Over Breakfast Island
Craftsman-style kitchen features white cabinetry, marble backsplash, and a breakfast island with those elements complemented by round bar stools and oversized dome pendants.