The right curtain can spruce up any room. With different types and styles to choose from, choosing what will look best for your home can get overwhelming. But when you do know which type of window covering you’re looking for, curtain shopping online can be more convenient than setting foot at a retail store.
The world simply opens up for you when you’re shopping online. This means you can choose from a wide range of curtain styles from online shops all over the world. The best part is, you don’t even have to get out of the house and some of these online shops will even deliver your order without any shipping fee.
List of Online Curtain Stores
1. Etsy: Everything on Etsy is handmade by an independent designer so you will have some quirky or novelty options for curtains if that’s what you’re looking for. But there’s plenty of more traditional decor as well and you can read reviews of each seller to learn about the quality of the curtains. Custom orders are very commonly offered.
2. Overstock: If you’re looking for sheer size and variety, Overstock is one of the top destinations for window treatments. Many of the curtains on the site will have literally hundreds of reviews from other customers, so you’ll have the chance to gather plenty of info. The site also makes it easy to sort through its massive inventory and you can get excellent deals in the well-stocked Sales section.
3. Smith+Noble: If you have the budget for this pricey option, you can get just about everything you need for not only purchasing the window treatments, either custom or ready-made but also installing them professionally. Smith + Noble offers a detailed guide for measuring your space and choosing the right style.
4. Ikea: Did you know you can shop Ikea products online? Yup, you can. And it’s hard to beat the prices of this Swedish home goods superstore. The curtain styles are pretty limited, mostly just panels, but there’s plenty of options for colors and patterns and new designs are added regularly.
5. Crystal Drapery Hardware: True to its name, this store has very ostentatious drapery styles, as well as elaborate hardware that features Swarovski crystals. If you like your curtains to be elegant and blinged out, and you have the budget for it, then this is the place. You can choose from ready-made options or pick out a totally custom look.
6: D’decor: The tagline of this India-based home decor company is “Live Beautiful” and they offer luxurious home goods, including a range of curtains. You can sort by size, fabric type, design, color or price range. Prices are in Indian rupees but they ship worldwide.
7. Curtain Factory Outlet: At this Massachusetts based outlet you can find low prices on huge inventory with hundreds of styles, including valances, swags, tiers, drapes and panels. They cater to a more old-fashioned taste, so it’s a good place for more traditional decor.
8. Home Depot: This superstore for home goods has a massive department for curtains and drapes. The colors are muted and the styles are very traditional so it’s an excellent choice if that is your taste. You can sort by color, style, light filtering, pattern type or by the rating of other customers.
9. The Vermont Country Store: A great choice for traditional, homey decor that boasts a wide selection of curtains. The styles are unashamedly country but the colors are cheerful and they have wonderful options if you like this style. Their return policy is generous.
10. Curtain and Bath Outlet: A home decor outlet based out of New England offering department store quality for quite a bit less because they buy in bulk and pass the savings down. Their window treatments department is very large, featuring mainly traditional style and a few more modern options.
11. 247curtains: If you’re in the United Kingdom, this extremely popular curtain retailer can meet all your window treatment needs. There are options for custom orders or choose from their massive collection of both modern and traditional styles. Shipping is extremely fast (again, if you’re in the UK) and the prices are reasonable.
12. Bouclair: This Canadian home decor company has just a small batch of curtains on offer, mostly sheer with some more solid options. But these options are obviously carefully chosen and are well worth your time if you have a modern and minimalist taste. Colors are muted but there are a few vivid options.
13. Macy’s: This massive high-end department store has an extensive department for window treatments, with every possible style and budget represented (when you included the steep discounts in their sales department). Shop by brand, fabric type, length, color or even by customer rating. Pickup in store is an option if that’s convenient for you.
14. Swags Galore: This curtain superstore has thousands of curtains, draperies, valances and window treatments and cannot be beaten when it comes to the sheer volume of options. The shopping process is also extremely convenient– orders before 2 pm ship that same day and returning a product for a full refund is easy.
15. Amazon: Along with everything else, this superstore sells curtains. Their massive selection is unmatched including options for kids and every possible color and style. You can sort by categories like the curtains heading type, width, length, brand and even which are most wished for by other customers. Choosing curtains with free shipping is easy when you check the box.
16. The Silk Trading Company: This company has a very user-friendly drapery customizing option where you can choose your own fabric, header, color, and trim. Or you can choose from their ready-made options of about a dozen types of elaborate drapery styles, all in muted colors and luxurious fabrics like silk and linen.
17. Comfort Linens: this is family owned business mostly sells bedding, but they’ve expanded into curtains, offering a wide range of valances, window panels, and scarves. If you need blackout curtains, they have a huge variety in every possible color and pattern, some of which are also thermal insulated. Shipping is free to the continental US.
18. Urban Outfitters: This clothing store is well known for quirky home goods, including a small but colorful selection of curtains. There are a few basic options but they mainly offer vivid patterns and large-scale prints. A good option if you want to make quite a splash with your curtains, without paying a lot.
19. The Curtain Shop: This family-owned business is based out of North Carolina and their motto is “the convenience of shopping online that mom-and-pop touch”. They have a huge variety of curtains, drapes and valances, as well as accessories like tension rods and the old-fashioned metal rods. Their Almost Custom option allows you to order a fabric swatch and then make a detailed order that suits your unique windows.
20. Kirkland’s: Kirkland’s has a large and stylish selection of modern curtains and drapes. Colors are muted but some brighter options can be found and there’s a whole category for kid’s decor. Prices are on the higher side but the sales section is well-stocked.
21. Moshell’s: The best option if you’re looking for absolutely rock-bottom prices, as much as 70-80% lower than other sites, even for specialized items like blackout curtains. This discount home goods retailer also manages to have a massive selection of fabrics, colors and styles. Shipping is free if you spend more than $100.
22. Half Price Drapes: True to their name, this window treatment store tries to sell luxury for less with reasonably priced high-end curtains. Their variety is huge including some harder to find fabric choices like velvet and silk, as well as extra wide curtains. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, they do offer custom products as well. Shipping as free and you can even get free swatches to help you make your decision.
23. World Market: If you have an eclectic style, check out the incredibly unique selection of curtains at this source for internationally-made home goods. The inventory is small but the patterns and colors are very interesting and different from available in most online curtain stores so it’s well worth a look.
24. Boscov’s: For a good selection of basic window treatments, check out this Pennsylvania based budget department store. The curtain department has a decent mix of mainly sheer valances and panels. Prices are extremely low.
25. Light in the Box: This massive online department store touts itself as having lower prices because they shop straight from the manufacturers. Their curtain department has a large selection of standard options, but they also have specialized curtains like curtains for kids rooms and unique 3D curtains that feature large-scale printed images. Their selection is so large you can shop by style, weave type, or suitable rooms.
26. Urban Barn: This Canadian home goods store has a small but stylish selection of modern, minimalist panels and drapes. An excellent option if you like muted colors, natural fabrics and abstract patterns. Keep in mind that prices are on the higher end and most of the products are dry clean only.
27. Fab India: For earthy colors and a modern take on traditional patterns, check out the decently sized curtain department of this Indian home goods store. Many options are made with organic cotton and natural techniques.
28. Marburn: Their wide variety of home decor includes a huge window treatment department. Selections are sorted into categories like curtains for tweens, extended length panels, blackout curtains, and kitchen curtains and grommet panels. Marburn also has a handy measuring guide to help you choose the perfect size.
29. Curtain Shop: Not to be confused with the North Carolina based company of the same name, this store is based out of New York and offers a selection of affordable curtains, including plenty of harder-to-find kitchen tier curtains and balloon shades. They also sell every possible type of curtain rod and associated accessories.
30. Target: This reliable mainstay for affordable goods has a large selection of curtains at low prices. You can sort by heading style, color, length, light filtration and several other options. For the very budget-conscious, you can choose an option to see only curtains that are $20 or under.
31. Bed, Bath and Beyond: This home goods superstore has a massive curtain department, with literally thousands of options. It’s a great place to shop if you like to read reviews since most of the items have several customers providing feedback. You can sort by brand, material, style or even by type of discount available.
32. Bang Good: Prices are extremely low at this home goods store with a mid-sized curtains department. The colors are bright and most of the curtains are sheer, so it’s a great option for dorm decor. They also have novelty items like Christmas-themed kitchen curtains.
33. Pier 1 Imports: Among the chain stores, this is one of the better options for home decor, including curtains. Pier 1’s selection is not massive, but there’s a decent mix of sheers, blackout, and patterned curtains and drapes. The styles are modern and prices are mid-range.
34. Walmart: The affordable superstore has an extensive selection of every type of window treatment, from blackout curtains to kid’s curtains. You can shop the budget-friendly options by room, brand, style or customer rating. You can order online and then pick up in store, which is a good option since you likely have a store nearby.
35. The Curtain Outlet: There are some serious discounts to be found at this curtain superstore. The colors are definitely on the conservative side but they have a wide variety of styles. Name brands can be found for quite a bit less and shipping is free.
36. Contempo Curtains: A definite stop if you like the look of vintage curtains. This store has colorful offerings inspired by the look of the 60’s and 70’s, but with a modern twist. The Clearance section is well-stocked with dozens of deals at up to 50% off.
37. Rose Wholesale: This online department store proudly calls itself cheap and has a large home goods section that offers a small selection of mainly sheer curtains, with a few blackout options. This is a great place to shop for teens or young adults because the style is typical of dorm decor, with bright colors and patterns that include florals, screenprinting, and large-scale illustrations. The prices are low and, with their 15% discount for first time orders, can get even lower.
38. Kohl’s: This department store has a very large selection of window treatments and accessories, ranging from affordable to slightly more higher end. Along with standard options for sorting, they also let you shop your curtains by room. The sales section has very steep discounts.
Home Stratosphere is an award-winning home and garden online publication that’s a result of our talented researchers and writers who work directly with hundreds of professional interior designers, furniture designers, landscape designers and architects from around the world to create helpful, informative, entertaining and inspiring articles and design galleries.