TikTok account laylagraceofficial created a quick-shot video filled with what they expect to be some of the most popular home design and décor trends for 2023. And while the video is really fast-paced, it’s also chock-full of some gorgeous, visually appealing designs.
You can check out all of the trends for yourself by watching the video here:
@laylagrayceofficial Take a peek at what interior design trends we’ll be seeing everywhere in 2023. Which trend are you looking forward to the most? #laylagrayce #graycefulliving #2023 #2023trends #homedecortrends #homedecor #interiordesign #interiordesigntrends #homedecor #interiors #interiors123 #trendinghomes #hometrends #designgoals #desgininspo #arches #stone #textiles #currentdesignview #currentdesignsituation #livingroomgoals ♬ original sound – Sydney Elizabeth
Let’s do a quick overview of the different elements featured in the video.
- Arches: The curved, arch style has been in vogue for some time, but it looks like this will continue into 2023. From arched doorways and cabinets to arched headboards, I personally adore this trend. The curved lines add a whimsical element to any space, and it also does a great job of “breaking up” harsher, straighter elements in a room. An oval-shaped mirror was also featured, which I definitely love over a traditional rectangular mirror.
- Rich browns: From wooden slats on the wall to solid hardwood furniture, the video exclaims that “rich browns” are in style this year. The dark, deep colors add a warm and sophisticated look to home offices and living rooms. While the dark brown wood definitely looks nice, I feel like it’s much too dark for my preference. However, adding one statement piece in this hue could certainly bring any room a bold touch.
- Statement lamps: Whether it’s whimsical or weird, statement lamps are without a doubt a trend to be aware of for the upcoming year. Look for lamps that feature a unique design, like the gold-colored snake lamp featured in the video. From geometric designs to sleek finishes, a statement lamp is a must-have for any modern home. I’m ready to say goodbye to boring lamps and hello to these awesome options for my home, to be sure!
- Stone: Granite, quartz, and marble décor is all the rage this year. Whether it’s a cool stone candle holder, a white marble lazy Susan, or a solid stone side table, this material is certainly on-trend. I don’t mind stone in moderation, and I think the choices in this video are fun, quirky, and modern. Maybe a small stone accent piece on a shelf or bookcase could bring your space a touch of trendy design this year without being too much.
- Tactile textures: The boucle furniture trend is not as prevalent this year, but textures are still popular for home design as a whole. Look for nubby pillows, woven throw blankets, and textured rugs to give your home a sense of visual depth. Layering a lot of textures can help to make any room feel warmer and more inviting.
While I enjoyed the video, the pace was a little bit too fast. One TikTok user agreed, saying, “This is the most annoying TikTok I’ve ever seen. Slow it down please.” And someone replied to the comment in total agreement.
User Giselle Cordero also chimed in and said, “I wish the videos was slower I can’t see well this hurts my eyes lol old lady problems.”
Overall, this video was richly filled with a ton of great images and inspiration. I think if you were to watch it several times or pause it as you go, you’ll be able to garner some pretty amazing ideas for your home this year. And yes, I do think that these five trends are certainly something that everyone should be on the lookout for in 2023.