Ask a Plumber Your Questions
Get Plumbing Help Online Now
Who wants to wait? Nobody. Get answers from a plumber right now. Type your question above.
Assess the Problem 2
Maybe you don’t need a plumber. Maybe there’s a simple fix. You’ll never know if you don’t ask. If you’re great with tools, maybe you can fix it yourself.
If it turns out you do need a plumber, we have you covered. Click here to find a plumbing professional near you. Search via your zip code.
We have a huge network of qualified professional plumbers at your disposal. Once you ask your question, a professional will hop on to help you out.
Examples of Plumbing Questions Asked and Answered
- How do I fix a dripping bathroom sink faucet that is leaking at the end of the spout?
- How do I unclog a floor drain when a snake doesn’t work?
- How does a faucet aerator work?
- How to install a low-flow aerator?
- How to measure water pressure?
- When my backflow preventer started leaking, I turned off the water. Once the water was turned on again, it started leaking from the vent. Would you know why this is happening?
- I switched off the main water valve in order to replace a sprinkler system backflow. But once I started cutting through the PVC pipes, I found that water was spewing everywhere. The sprinkler system valves were also turned off. What do you think is the reason for the water flow?
- My bathroom sink faucet has lost so much pressure that the water is just down to a trickle. I can’t find a leak anywhere despite looking under the sink or along the water pipes in the basement. Why is this happening?
- My Kohler bathroom faucet is made of brass with interchangeable handles. I can’t see a snap off cover on top of the handle and usually I would access the screw under the cover to tighten the handle. Is there another way I can tighten it?
- Unless I turn my Moen bathroom sink faucet completely to “hot” or all the way to “cold”, it doesn’t shut off. What seems to be the problem?
- If I rinse acrylic paint brushes in my porcelain bathroom sink, will it leave a stain?
- How safe is an electric shower head?
- Why does the water temperature in an electric shower fluctuate?
- I have lukewarm water coming out of my hot tap connected to my Rheem Stellar boiler. How can I fix this?
- My boiler goes on and off continuously. After I turned the emergency switch on and off, it seems to be working normally and the pilot is lit. Do I still need to call my plumber?
- There is a build-up of corrosion in the core of my boiler. How can I run acid through it to clean it up?
- After patching a leak in a copper tube why is the pilot burner not firing?
- How to troubleshoot the copper tubing, which runs down the side of a water heater, has developed a sudden slow drip?
How our “Ask a Plumber” Feature Works so that You Get Plumbing Help Online
Step 1: Type in your plumbing question.
Step 2: We will find the most qualified plumbing expert to answer your question. With a huge network of plumbers on hand, this doesn’t take long at all.
Step 3: Pay a small fee (which will amount to much less than paying for an in-person consultation or having a pro come to your house to answer your questions).
Step 4: The live plumbing expert answers your question. You can go back and forth honing in your question until you get the answer you seek.
Get a second opinion: If you’re not confident about the answer you received, you can request a second opinion free of charge.
24/7: Another benefit of our “ask an expert” feature is that it’s available 24/7. You don’t have to wait to get your questions answered.
How to troubleshoot the copper tubing, which runs down the side of a water heater, has developed a sudden slow drip?