Just because you have switched to a vegan lifestyle, you don't have to say goodbye to sweet treats like chocolate chip cookies. Our recipe for Vegan Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies will be a favorite for all, regardless of whether you're sharing them with vegan friends or not.
Most people who are vegan are happy to make the sacrifices of these lifestyle choices. They may feel an ethical responsibility to the earth, and they are proud that they are living consistently according to their principles. Most of the time, they feel that the sacrifices are worth it. However, there are likely occasions when vegans just want to have a taste of a few of the things that they miss from their pre-vegan life.
They may just want to bake a batch of cookies with their grandkids that the kids will enjoy. This is where it is important to have a stash of sure-fire recipes and dependable ingredients that can make a batch of cookies that everyone, vegan or not, will enjoy.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies Recipe
- Medium-Sized Bowl
- Wire whisk
- Baking Rack
- Cookie Sheets
- Wire Rack
- 2 cups Flour
- 1½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Coconut Oil melted
- ⅓ cup Well-Stirred Tahini
- 6 tbsp Water
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1¼ cups Tightly-Packed Brown Sugar
- 10 ounces Vegan Dark Chocoloate Chips
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium-sized bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, the tahini, the water, and the vanilla until these ingredients are fully blended.
- Add the sugar to the coconut oil and tahini mixture, stirring to combine.
- Add the flour to the bowl of tahini, coconut oil, and sugar, stirring well. Last, add the chocolate chips, stirring all of these together until well mixed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put the bowl of cookie dough in the refrigerator for about fifteen minutes. Don’t skip this step of the recipe. If you do, the coconut oil will cause the cookies to be too runny and oily. Refrigerating the cookie dough helps the oil set up.
- Place your baking rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. When the cookies are chilled, spoon the cookies out into walnut-sized balls on your baking sheets.
- Place them about three inches apart on the baking sheet and bake them for 12-14 minutes. The cookies should be lightly browned on the edges and gooey in the middle. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two or three minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool.
- As the cookies cool they will collapse and the tops will crack. Continue cooling them for twenty to thirty minutes, or until the bottoms are firm, before storing them in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Repeat with the remainder of the cookie dough until they are all baked
Related to: Vegan Cookies Recipe