This recipe for sauteed kale Chickapea penne with bright lemon, toasted walnuts & freshly grated parmesan cheese is ready in less than 20 minutes and has all the awe-inspiring health benefits I listed above. If you want to offset those though, just enjoy the entire box of penne to yourself and drink 4 glasses of Chardonnay – that should even things out.
Either way, it tastes fantastic and fresh.
Kind of like how life’s cajones feel in my hot little hands.
Go get ’em, tiger.
Sauteed Kale Penne with Toasted Walnuts & Fresh Parmesan Recipe
- 1 box Chickapea Penne Pasta
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & minced
- 1 pc anchovy fillet roughly chopped
- 6 cups kale destemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 pc lemon for juice and zest
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dried chili flakes
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts
- Coarse sea salt + fresh cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook until pasta is al dente, approx 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- As the pasta cooks, pour olive oil into a large frying pan over medium heat.
- When hot but not smoking, toss in the garlic and anchovy. Saute until the anchovy disintegrates and the garlic smells yummy, about 3 minutes.
- Toss in the kale, season well with salt and pepper and mix well. Cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Throw the drained and cooked pasta into the pan and top with lemon juice and zest. Stir to coat and warm through.
- Once everything is well combined, mix in the parmesan cheese, dried chili flakes and walnuts. Enjoy!
Related: Kale Recipes and Dishes