A gallery featuring the pros and cons of 26 portable gazebos that will keep the bugs out! Relax in your backyard or take the gazebo wherever you go.
Welcome to our gallery featuring great, spacious portable gazebos!
While a lot of the gazebos featured on home design sites are permanent structures like wood, it’s important to remember that there are other options, including portable models!
Portable gazebos are typically made out of canvas and aluminum, and may be built like tents, which makes them a great option for camping or vacationing. Let’s check out some of the pros and cons of buying a portable gazebo for your backyard.
- Versatility – while wood and metal gazebos are built to stay in place, portable gazebos can be easily disassembled and reassembled for special events and then stored when they’re not needed.
- Transport – it’s all in the name. Portable gazebos can be taken wherever you need them. If a family gathering won’t have a lot of shade, you can pack up your gazebo and take it with you and ensure comfort.
- Removable walls – screens are often built into portable gazebos, and they can be removed. They’re a great feature to keep bugs out. While you can get these on traditional gazebos, it’ll be pricey.
- Maintenance – canvas is easy to clean, and won’t degrade from regular exposure to the elements.
- Cost – when it comes right down to it, portable gazebos are cheaper than traditional gazebos.
- Sturdiness – canvas just isn’t as sturdy as wood or metal gazebos, and regions that frequently have high winds won’t be suitable for a portable gazebo. Even in calmer areas, gazebos should be taken down when storms or high winds are forecast.
- Appearance – many people don’t find portable gazebos attractive. If you’re looking for something to impress, a more expensive, but more attractive metal or wood gazebo may be for you.
- Maintenance – the ease of maintenance is both a pro and a con. While it’s easy to clean canvas, it is also more easily damaged. On that note, it’s inexpensive to replace canvas, and not so much metal or wood.
This gallery will feature a wide variety of portable gazebos. Some are more portable than others; ranging from pop-up tents to canvas-roofed structures where only the frame is permanent.
We hope you’ll be inspired by these options!
1. Foldable Aluminum and Canvas Screened Gazebo
This gazebo is sizable and has a sturdy aluminum base. The screens can be pulled back to allow the breeze in during the day, and closed to prevent mosquitoes and other insects from invading the gazebo in the evening hours.
2. Aluminum Portable Gazebo on a Gravel Patio
The slightly sloping canvas roof of this gazebo is just the right size for this somewhat narrow gravel patio. A dining table that sits six fits nicely under it with plenty of room between the edge and the chairs.
3. Open-sided Patio Gazebo with Canvas Roof
This gazebo is large enough to accommodate five wicker armchairs, shielding any visitors from sun or rain. The mesh panels on each support are a great decorative detail.
4. Two-Tiered Canvas Portable Gazebo with Screens
This canvas gazebo has two layers of screens and curtains for privacy and keeping insects out. The gazebo is easily portable and works great in your backyard or should you take it camping.
5. Aluminum Portable Gazebo with Canvas Roof and Screens
The delicate aluminum frame of this gazebo is covered by sheer curtains and a two-tiered canvas roof. It sits comfortably on a stone patio in the midst of this backyard, a great retreat from the heat of the summer day.
6. Canvas Portable Gazebo on Patio Adjacent to Pool
This backyard may have a lot of trees and shade, but a gazebo ensures that as the sun moves through the sky, the shade stays put. It’s perfect at the edge of a pool.
Source: Zillow Digs™
7. Pop-Up Canvas Tent Portable Gazebo
This pop-up tent style portable gazebo is the perfect addition to your backyard on days when the bugs are numerous. It’s also easy to collapse and put in the back of a truck or car to take camping!
8. Aluminum and Plastic Portable Gazebo
This is a smaller gazebo, but it has a hard roof and delicate aluminum features that enclose it. It’s perfect for a small garden patio, and will sit two to three people comfortably.
9. Portable Gazebo with Flat Canvas Roof
This square, flat-roofed gazebo is easy to set up in the garden and has space to wire a light, as shown. It sits above an outdoor sectional in green that seems to disappear into the greenery of this modern, organic-feeling backyard.
Source: Zillow Digs™
10. Rectangular Canvas Portable Gazebo
This spacious gazebo sits above a chaise lounge and outdoor bar combo by the pool. It’s a great way to relax, and is easy to set up and take down when the season is over.
11. Poolside Canvas Gazebo
This is another great example of a poolside gazebo. Tiebacks keep the curtains away when you’d rather enjoy the breeze, and let the sides loose if privacy is what you’d prefer.
12. Curved Canvas and Aluminum Portable Gazebo
The slight curvature of this portable gazebo gives it a bit more style than you’d expect from a mostly canvas structure. Again, we see the double-layered curtains that can form the enclosed sides of the structure, if needed.
Source: Zillow Digs™
13. Pop-up Screened Canvas Gazebo with a Vaulted Canvas Roof
This is a great example of a pop-up gazebo. The vaulted canvas roof gives the structure more of an imposing presence, while also allowing air to circulate above, keeping the gazebo from feeling hot and stuffy when the screened panels are closed.
14. Sheer Lean-to Style Beach Gazebos
These are unique, simple lean-tos that make a great beach gazebo. Bamboo poles form the base of the structure, and sheer panels shield the occupants from any blowing sand.
15. Square Portable Gazebo with Metal Embellishments
The aluminum swirls at the top of this portable gazebo add style to an otherwise nondescript structure. The owners of this gazebo office area have strung lights around the top of the gazebo.
Source: Zillow Digs™
16. Two-Tier Pop Up Canvas Gazebo
This simple pop-up gazebo has a two-tiered roof that lends it a lot more style than a simple flat roof. Like most canvas gazebos, it has the dual sides, screens and curtains.
17. Aluminum Foldable Garden Gazebo
This is an unusual gazebo, a strictly metal structure used like an arbor. It’s the perfect addition to the middle of a garden. Since it’s on a stone patio here, the owners added potted vines to dress up the simple, bare bones of the gazebo.
18. Portable Gazebo with Scalloped Edging
The designs on the supports of this gazebo add elegance to an otherwise simple gazebo structure. The scalloped edges of the canvas roof are a great touch.
Source: Zillow Digs™
19. Aluminum and Canvas Screened Two-Tier Gazebo
This gazebo only has a single layer of curtains. The screens will help keep out bugs in the evening hours, meaning the party never has to end. This is a spacious model with places to hang flower baskets on the interior.
20. Vaulted Roof Canvas Gazebo
The vaulted roof keeps the interior of this gazebo feeling open and airy, even when the curtains are closed.
21. Striped Gazebo with Vaulted Canvas Roof
The immensely tall canvas roof of this gazebo has a structure sturdy enough to hang this lovely, elegant chandelier. It transforms this gorgeous balcony into an elegant and comfortable dining area.
22. Canvas Portable Gazebo in Chocolate Brown
This is another great pop-up example that could be easily collapsed and taken with you on vacation. Instant shade and bug protection!
23. Poolside Rectangular Canvas Gazebo
This gazebo is even closer to the poolside, and is large enough to fit a large sofa and two armchairs, in addition to tables and a footstool.
24. Simple Sheer Tent Gazebo in White
This is another simple example. The gazebo is supported by stakes and ropes that hold it upright. The sheer sides create a framing effect around a table here, but could also close around a small reading area for children.
25. Beige Screened Portable Gazebo
Here, we can see the effect of closing the screened panels. They’re sheer, but don’t totally obstruct the garden view.
26. Aluminum Oval-shaped Portable Gazebo
This gazebo has large aluminum panels on the outside that corral the screens when they are not in use.
Related Galleries & Gazebos You May Like:
30 Grill Gazebo Ideas to Fire Up Your Summer Barbecues | 36 Spectacular Hardtop Gazebo Ideas | 27 Gazebos With Screens For Bug Free Backyard Relaxation | 32 Garden Gazebo Ideas for Creating Your Garden Refuge