Looking for a kid friendly recipe to create with the kids at their next sleepover party? This recipe for Pizza Pot Pies will be a favorite. With layers of pizza toppings and covered with pastry crust, this recipe is a fun way to get the kids in the kitchen.
When you host a kids’ party in your home, finding activities that are enjoyable for a group can sometimes be challenging. One thing that most kids like is cooking. Whether you are baking a batch of cookies or decorating cupcakes, kids love making something delicious themselves. When the food is a favorite flavor, that makes it even better.
These Pizza Pot Pies are created in individually sized ramekins. Creating the pizzas in the ramekins is a lot less messy than giving each kid their own individually sized pizza crust. Additionally, you can bake all of the ramekins at the same time by placing them all on a baking sheet and sliding them into the oven. The kids can help clean up the kitchen mess while you wait for the Pizza Pot Pies to bake.
Pizza Pot Pies Recipe
- Medium-Sized Bowl
- Pastry blender
- Rolling Pin
- Six One-Cup Ramekins
- Baking Sheet
Ingredients for the Crust
- ⅓ cup Shortening
- 2 cups Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Iced Water
Ingredients for Assembling the Pot Pies
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 15 ounces Pizza Sauce from a Jar Divided into twelve
- 1 cup Diced Ham
- 1 package Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 pound Italian Sausage cooked, chopped, and drained
- Other Pizza Topping Ingredients like diced bell peppers, olives, onions, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Measure the shortening into the bowl and cut it into the flour mixture with a fork or a pastry blender. Add about half of the water, holding the ice back with your fingers. Stir with a fork, just until the water is mixed in. Add some of the rest of the water a little at a time, stirring gently after each splash of water. Once the dough starts to stick together and all of the flour is moistened, stop adding water and use your hands to gather and press the dough into a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press it into a disk. Roll the dough into a large circle with a rolling pin.
- Prepare six one-cup ramekins by spraying them lightly with cooking spray. Put two tablespoons of the pizza sauce in the bottom of each ramekin.
- Add a spoonful of ham to each one, three pepperonis, and a spoonful of Italian sausage. Top this with a sprinkle of cheese. Add another two tablespoons of pizza sauce and layer the pizza toppings in the ramekin, repeating until the cups are filled. You should end up with a layer of cheese on the very top.
- Turn to the dough and cut circles of the pastry dough slightly larger than the diameter of the ramekins. Top each ramekin with a circle of dough. Add a sprinkle of cheese and a few pepperonis to the top of each pot pie.
- Place all of the ramekins on a baking sheet so that you can easily remove them from the oven. Bake the pizza pot pies in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the top is browned.
- Let the ramekins sit on the pan for five to ten minutes. The ramekins will cool enough to be eaten after about ten minutes but be careful in handling them so that you don’t burn yourself.
- Let the pot pies cool completely, and then you can store leftover pizza pot pies covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Key Ingredients: Cream Cheese
Home Stratosphere Giveaways...
Enter to Win Small Appliances
We're giving away all kinds of top small appliances including a Vitamix blender, Instant Pot, Juicer, Food Processor, Stand Mixer and a Keurig Coffee Maker.