No need to fear candy making! You do not have to have fancy candy molds, thermometers, or other candy making to make this recipe for Peanut Butter Balls. If you want to make candy as gifts for friends and family, this recipe is a quick, and uncomplicated way to start.
Many people are intimidated by the idea of candy making. They may believe that making delicious treats to share with friends and family is reserved for “special” people who have some mysterious talent or maybe a “candy-making gene.” But did you know that not all types of candies are as finicky as making homemade fudge or a fancy kind of toffee? This recipe for Peanut Butter Balls is totally tasty and, amazingly, a very simple recipe that even a middle school-aged child can accomplish with ease.
Creating our recipe for homemade Peanut Butter Balls is as easy as just stirring some ingredients together and dipping them in melted chocolate. This recipe only has four basic ingredients, though you can get as fancy with embellishments as you wish. You will simply mix together the peanut butter and butter, stir in the powdered sugar, and use your hands to make balls and dip the peanut butter balls in chocolate.
Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- Medium-Sized Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Softened Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the peanut butter and the softened butter until they are fully blended.
- Measure the powdered sugar into the bowl and stir. Continue stirring until the ingredients form a clay-like paste. You may need to stop stirring with a spoon and start kneading it with your hands.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper. Remove the peanut butter mixture from the refrigerator and, working quickly, scoop out walnut sized blobs of this mixture, roll them into balls and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Put the chocolate chips into a shallow, microwave safe bowl and microwave the chocolate chips in 30 second bursts, stirring after each burst. Stir the chocolate chips until they are smooth. It took our microwave 2 bursts of 30 seconds each to melt the chocolate chips.
- Roll the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate using a fork to help you dip them, returning them to the waxed paper lined tray. If you want to embellish the peanut butter balls with sprinkles, put them on the candies before the chocolate hardens.
- When you have dipped all the peanut butter balls into the chocolate, put the tray into the refrigerator and chill them for 20 minutes.
- When the chocolate is firm, you can take the peanut butter balls off the tray and store them in a container with a tightly fitting lid for up to 2 weeks. Keep the peanut butter balls in the refrigerator.
- This recipe for Peanut Butter Balls also freezes well. Place them in a zip top freezer bag, pressing out all the air before sealing it. Store them in the freezer for up to three months before using them. Thaw the peanut butter balls before serving by putting them in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Key Ingredients: Cream Cheese