Learn about your boat trailer's parts with this diagram to help you identify them and to know their usage. This will be very handy especially when an unexpected problem arises.
Knowing your boat trailer’s parts is as essential as knowing your boat or car’s parts. If something went wrong, it will be a great help that you know something about it. It will be easier to explain to the shop which part you are trying to fix. Aside from that, it will also help you in maintaining your trailer in good condition which is as important as taking care of your boat.
Listed below is a boat trailer’s parts with their description so you would easily know and identify what exactly they are or what they are used for.
- Easy-Wind Winch Strap: A strap attached to a trailer winch that enables you to load and unload your boat from your trailer safely.
- Adjustable Winch Strap: It serves as a mounting service for your trailers winch. It is also used to support the front part of your boat.
- Rogged & Durable Hot Dipped Galvanized Finish: Coating that will help reduce corrosion and rust caused by freshwater and saltwater.
- Adjustable Roll System: Self-adjusting roll system that absorbs shock and cut resistant.
- Torsion Axle Suspension: It is mounted directly to the trailer frame. It eliminates the need for leaf springs.
- Non-Marking Dual-Density Rollers: Rollers that make loading and launching easier. It does not mark your boat.
- Safety Chains: Chains that connect the trailer tongue or for some boats it will mount to a through bolt on a trailer tongue to the towing vehicle. It provides a backup connection between the boat and the trailer in case of a problem.
- Enclosed Protected Wiring:
- Molded Composite Fender: It frames the wheel and protects trailer tires.
- Corrosion Resistant Hub-Coating: A coating applied to wheel hubs in order to protect it from contact corrosion.
- Oil Bath Hub Bearing Protection: A lubrication system that protects hubs and eliminates dirt and water contamination. It also improves the bearing appearance during vehicle life.
- Radial Tires: Radials are the preferred tires over bias ply for boat trailers as it provides better tread contact with the pavement.
- V-5 Modified Mag Sports Wheels: Modified mag wheels with 12″ and larger wheels that make trailing your boat easier.
- Molded Composite Taillight Steps: It functions as brake, tail, turn, side marker, side reflex reflector, rear clearance, and rear reflex reflector for trailers.
- Sealed-Circuit L.E.D. Lights: A safety gear that serves as a guide to trailers especially in darkness and poor visibility. LED lights are brighter and have longer bulb lifespan.
Home Stratosphere is an award-winning home and garden online publication that’s a result of our talented researchers and writers who work directly with hundreds of professional interior designers, furniture designers, landscape designers and architects from around the world to create helpful, informative, entertaining and inspiring articles and design galleries.