I remember my first tool which was a hammer when I was a kid. I was really into building forts and anything with wood.
As a kid I didn’t realize how expensive tools were. I know now having bought a good amount of them. My dad and brother are into woodworking and together have spent thousands on tools.
This is why it’s a good idea to shop around and find good deals. A 10% discount can add up to a lot of money.
We can help. Below is our list of the top online tool stores.
1. Acmetools.com: Acme tools was founded in 1948 in Grand Forks, North Dakota. They strive to offer their customers high-quality products at prices the customers want to pay. The family-owned business has grown over the years and they were able to launch a website in 1999. They sell woodworking tools, power tools, outdoor power equipment, hand tools, and cordless tools.
2. Mytoolstore.com: This company has been in business for over 25 years. They provide an online source for people to buy tools. They strive to bring their customers the best prices possible. They offer a variety of tools, like compressors, grinders, nailers, hand tools, and many more items customers might need. Customers can find what they need on the website which allows for searches within certain categories. This makes it easier to find what you need.
3. Toolbarn.com: Toolbarn offers a wide range of brands of tools, including DeWalt, Hitachi, Makita, and Metabo. They have tools for the handyman or the professional. You can choose from their variety of tools by looking up the category that is needed. The company was formed in 1998 and has a 22,000 square foot warehouse to store inventory. Additionally, the company offers replacement parts and tool diagrams.
4. Northerntool.com: The company offers quality tools for people who take work seriously. They also offer financing through the form of a credit card. They offer some large tools that can be used in various industries. For instance, they sell air tools, automotive tools, tools for construction sites, farm tools, and hand tools. The tools they sell can be used for small jobs or large jobs. They have been family owned since 1981 and the pride themselves on providing their customers world-class products at a great price.
5. Toolnut.com: The company was formed in 1994 as a family run business. They are well-known in the woodworker and contractor realm. They have a knowledgeable staff who can help you with any questions you might have. The offer free shipping on most orders and boast a large inventory that allows them to have the tools you need in stock. They carry all the major brands of tools, like DeWalt, Jet tools, and Milwaukee. Additionally, they carry a wide array of tools for both the novice and professional users.
6. Harborfreight.com: The company boasts that it has excellent prices on the tools you need. They carry everything from power tools to engines and generators. You can order online, or you can stop in one of their stores to pick up what you need. Harbor Freight Tools was established in 1977 as a family-owned company, so they have been in business for over 35 years. Their goal is to provide customers with quality tools at an awesome price.
7. Overstock.com: Overstock carries many products, not just tools. They carry tools like drills, power saws, power washers, and ladders. Furthermore, they offer free shipping and run specials with percent-off sales. The company sells new items that are quality and offers their customers the best price they can. The company was started in 1999 and is strictly an online retailer. Through hard work and dedication, they are now worth more than a billion dollars.
8. Toolfactoryoutlet.com: You can shop at this store or purchase tools online. They offer tools and accessories at a competitive price. They carry hand tools, power tools, outdoor equipment, and accessories. The company is over 35 years old and they have a remarkable knowledge of all kinds of tools and accessories. They can answer all your questions. They offer quality tools at an affordable price.
9. Homedepot.com: This company is very well known for carrying tools. They are a large store that can provide just about any tool you might need. Additionally, they rent tools. So, if you do not want to put out a bunch of money for a tool you might only use once, this is an excellent option. The company was established in 1978. They also have many brick-and-mortar stores, but they have an impressive online presence as well. Furthermore, they offer their own credit card for people that may want to finance their purchases.
10. Sears.com: This store is well-known and has been selling quality tools for many years. They sell hand tools, power tools, power saws, and toolsets for mechanics, among the wide array of products they offer. Sears strives to provide their customers with the highest quality products at a reasonable price. The tools they sell are meant to last and keep customers happy with their purchases.
11. eBay: You can find new and used tools on eBay. You might be able to find auctions where the seller is close by and you can pick up the purchase. For the most part, though, you will have to wait for the item to be shipped to you after you win an auction. The online site sells everything you can think of. They allow people who do not live close to each other to buy and sell products.
12. Boschtools.com: This company sells its own brand of tools. They manufacture and sell cordless power tools, band saws, benchtop tools, grinders, circular saws, and many other items. The company was started in 2003 after combining all divisions of the company together. Bosch Tools sells its products worldwide. They sell their products to retail sellers, but you can find all the information you need about their products online.
13. Dewalt.com: This company was formed in 1924 in Leola, Pennsylvania. They manufacture power tools, hand tools, outdoor tools, and accessories. Their products are some of the most recognizable, reliable products in retail stores. And, although you cannot buy directly from them, you can research all the tools they manufacture and get an excellent idea of which ones you need. Then, you can find a store near you by using their location function on the website.
14. Snapon.com: The company sells tool storage, hand tools, power tools, shop tools, and diagnostics. You can research all their tools through their website and purchase to have them sent directly to your home. The company was born in the 1920s and sought to make professional mechanics’ work easier. The business evolved over time to include many different tools that can be used in various capacities. You might even see one of their trucks on the streets because, in addition to their online presence, they are a mobile tool company.
15. Thetoolwarehouse.net: They sell many kinds of tools by various manufacturers. Included in their inventory are air tools, diagnostic tools, hand tools, cordless tools, and just about any other kind of tool workers might need to complete a project. The company was formed in 1988. They strive to be the foremost supplier to the automotive and industrial markets. However, their tools can be used by anyone, whether they are a professional or novice.
16. Amazon.com: It seems like Amazon sells everything. You are hard-pressed to search for something and not find it on the website. They sell tools for DIY and for professionals. You can compare different tools and make a decision based on product description and customer reviews. Furthermore, Amazon offers free shipping if you are a Prime member. This lets you try out the tool and if it is not what you thought it would be or it does not work the way you expected, you can send it back for a refund.
17. Misterworker.com: Although this company touts itself as selling professional work tools, it offers its products to anyone. You can be a DIYer and still benefit from their quality tools. They offer quick delivery and quality products. They pride themselves on selling to over 90 countries and upholding a solid reputation for supplying tools in the e-commerce marketplace.
18. Lowes.com: This store is a large home improvement store. They sell many different tools manufactured by many different companies. They can offer advice on what kind of tools you might need, and they can ship your products right to your house. Lowes has both a brick-and-mortar and an online presence. They pride themselves on having great customer service and being able to give customers quality products at a reasonable price.
19. Truevalue.com: The company has been in business for over seven decades. They started with a small store and has evolved into a quality company who offers all the tools you need to start and finish your projects. They offer power tools, hand tools, and accessories. They are customer service driven and seek to provide customers with everything they need.
20. Directtoolsoutlet.com: This company offers tools at a reasonable price. They offer holiday deals and specials to drive in business. They offer new tools and refurbished tools to customers who are looking for quality products. Direct Tools Outlet sells many kinds of tools, like miter saws, chainsaws, power tools, and many other products. They strive to meet the needs of their customers by being able to offer up to 75% on various products.
21. Mactools.com: This company is a franchisee establishment. So, people get to own the business and sell to their own pool of customers. They sell many kinds of tools, like ratchets, screwdrivers, diagnostic tools, and many more. They are also very committed to their customers.
Home Stratosphere is an award-winning home and garden online publication that’s a result of our talented researchers and writers who work directly with hundreds of professional interior designers, furniture designers, landscape designers and architects from around the world to create helpful, informative, entertaining and inspiring articles and design galleries.