There aren’t many dishes that bring back childhood memories and the idea of comfort and indulgence quite like the classic macaroni and cheese. It is an easy and convenient meal that can be prepared for one, a couple, or a crowd. It is also a dish that can be adapted to your budget and according to your dietary requirements, making it incredibly versatile.
Call it naughty or nice, macaroni and cheese have a fixed place in the culinary world. This article will inspire you with ideas to jazz up the traditional with the unconventional, with 48 delicious recipes.
1. Jalapeno Popper Macaroni and Cheese
A dish that marries two beloved dishes, jalapeno poppers, and macaroni and cheese, can’t be anything but out of this world. The richness and creaminess of the macaroni and cheese sauce are perfectly balanced with the heat of the jalapeno. Yet, the kick is slight, bringing a warmth rather than a punch, making it suitable for family members and guests.
- Depending on your preference, you can reduce or increase the number of jalapeno peppers in this recipe.
- The recipe calls for elbow, rotini, or farfalle pasta. Still, you can also use rigatoni, fusilli, or orecchiette.
2. There is nothing like garlic and Parmesan mixed together, especially in mac and cheese
This recipe gives you a spicy twist on old-school comfort food. This recipe brings sophistication to mac and cheese. This recipe is for garlic parmesan macaroni and cheese.
Kids and children alike will love this recipe and will always ask for more. You can choose any pasta you would like, but you should look for something that has nooks and crannies to capture and trap all that creamy sauce. A thicker type of pasta will not get mushy and hold up better.
3. Traditional Macaroni and Cheese
One celebrity chef who has been very outspoken about the modernization and, sometimes, badly adapted versions of Italian dishes is Chef Vincenzo (from Vincenzo’s Plate). This recipe is his version of an authentic, traditional macaroni and cheese without the shortcuts and boxed produce which has become so prevalent.
- It is worth sourcing the exact cheeses listed in the recipe. However, if you do not have Provolone, you can substitute it with Cheddar.
4. Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
Are you looking to sneak some vegetables into a child-friendly meal? Then this recipe is for you. The cauliflower macaroni and cheese will quickly become a family favorite. You will only be left with deciding whether to share your veggie secret with the youngsters at the table.
- You can either substitute half or all of the cauliflower with broccoli if you prefer. This green vegetable will be tough to disguise but a great equivalent if you want to change it.
5. French Onion Macaroni and Cheese
The Italian dish that has become an American classic gets a French twist in this cultural melting pot recipe. The French onion macaroni and cheese doesn’t just use caramelized onions but gets the traditional nod of using dried croutons in the form of a panko breadcrumb layer. A perfect winter warmer when you need one.
- If you prepare individual servings, keep the cooking time on the lower end (18-20 minutes).
- Instead of panko breadcrumbs on top of the macaroni and cheese, you can also serve a sliced baguette on the side with grilled cheese.
6. Breakfast Mac and Cheese
Who said you couldn’t have macaroni and cheese for breakfast? By adding sausage, bell peppers, and hashbrowns, you can instantly transform this into a breakfast or brunch that will be way more appealing than any cereal.
- If you don’t have breakfast sausage, you can use any pork, beef, or vegetarian sausage variety that will give you the same texture.
- Stick to red bell pepper in this recipe as listed. The green version has an entirely different taste and, essentially, is an unripe pepper.
7. Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
Buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese uses shredded chicken and buffalo sauce, making it an ideal dish if you have leftover poultry. Making your buffalo sauce from scratch is well worth the effort!
- If you don’t have leftover chicken that you can use, keep an eye out for already-shredded chicken at your local grocery store or deli. This will save you the time of shredding an entire rotisserie chicken and keep this recipe at only 30 minutes.
- Instead of cavatappi pasta, you can also use fusilli, gemelli, or rotini.
8. Miso Mac and Cheese
Add miso to your next macaroni and cheese dish for an Asian flair and a kick of umami. Since the miso provides tons of savory flavor you usually get from cheese, the focus is not on one or two specific cheeses in this recipe. Instead, you can use what you have on hand or prefer in taste. The miso will do the rest.
- Most grocery stores will stock three types of miso: white, yellow, and red. The white is the mildest, and the red is the most intense, with yellow in the middle. If you are feeling brave, you can opt for a punchier variety. Start by adding 1-2 tablespoons, taste, and add more until it meets your standard.
9. Vegan Macaroni and Cheese
This super easy vegan macaroni and cheese dish will provide you with all the comfort of the original without any guilt. The ingredients are all plant-based products, with the nutritional yeast flakes adding to the ‘cheesy’ flavor. Even the hardiest of meat-eaters will enjoy this one.
- Any type of short pasta will be suitable for this recipe.
- This dish pairs well with steamed green vegetables or a leafy salad.
10. Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Zucchini
Zucchini makes a great carrier of ingredients if cut in half and hollowed out – almost like a small boat. This presentation is not the only thing that might make the vegetable in this dish seem more enticing to fussy eaters. The combination of flavors is also enough in the macaroni and cheese stuffed zucchini to win anyone over.
- The same concept can be applied using other firm vegetables, like red or yellow peppers or pumpkins. The taste will be more pronounced than zucchini, but it will work just as well.
11. Bourbon and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
A grown-up version of the classic is a bourbon macaroni and cheese. The alcohol and bacon will enhance the flavors in the dish and give it a smokiness and depth of flavor that you will feel you were missing in the original version.
- You can use bourbon or scotch in this recipe.
- If you’d rather refrain from using alcohol in your macaroni and cheese, replace the ingredient with 80 ml milk.
- The recipe suggests using a cast-iron skillet, the best conductor of heat. However, if you don’t have one, you can use a glass or porcelain oven-proof dish.
12. Macaroni and Cheese Pizza
Sometimes the choice between having macaroni and cheese, or a pizza, can be a tough one. This recipe takes the pressure off by giving you both. Yes, it is undoubtedly a carb overload and not the healthiest of dishes. But be honest: who can say no to a macaroni and cheese pizza?
- You can add 10-15 minutes to the total time for this recipe since you first need to make the actual macaroni and cheese that goes on the pizza base.
- Don’t feel limited to only macaroni and cheese as a topping. You can add bacon or vegetables (e.g., broccoli, corn, mushrooms, butternut, etc.).
- Make this pizza even cheesier by spreading a layer of cream cheese on the base before you load on the macaroni and cheese.
13. Sweet Potato Macaroni and Cheese
This golden dish gets its looks and flavor from adding sweet potato to the macaroni and cheese recipe. It is a clever way to bring a vegetable into a meal, especially since its color won’t immediately give itself away as an invader in an otherwise family-friendly meal. It will also bulk up the dish, making a little go a long way when cooking on a budget.
- You can easily substitute the sweet potato with another root vegetable that will give the same appearance and texture, like butternut or pumpkin.
14. Gnocchi Macaroni and Cheese
The name of this dish should be ‘gnocchi and cheese’ since the macaroni is left out of this one. Gnocchi, made with potato or ricotta, is a silky-smooth Italian pasta that matches the velvety texture of cheese sauce, making it all melt in your mouth.
- If you want more texture, add fried onions or crispy bacon to your gnocchi and cheese.
- This recipe makes use of store-bought gnocchi. But if you have the time, try making the gnocchi yourself. Making it from scratch takes minimal ingredients and requires no prior experience.
15. Macaroni Cheese Chorizo Bake
Adding chorizo to your macaroni and cheese will bring a mild heat and smoky element to the meal. You might think: why not just use bacon? Chorizo is just that little bit more exciting and different, plus it gives off spicy paprika and garlicky oil that you will not get from bacon.
- You can use any chorizo you can find at the grocery store, whether from Portugal or Hungary. However, many believe that the best chorizo comes from Spain.
- Remove the skin from the chorizo before chopping it up since it has an unpleasant chewy texture once cooked.
- Keep aside a few slices (about 6-8) of chorizo as a topping. Before you place the dish in the oven, place the chorizo circles on top to reveal the magic ingredient.
16. Rosemary and Goat’s Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
This macaroni and cheese get a more sophisticated, herby upgrade with rosemary and goat’s cheese. It is a slight twist on the classic that might sound grown up, but it is also great for kids, especially if you want to introduce them to different herbs.
- You can experiment with different herbs in this macaroni and cheese recipe, like lemon thyme, oregano, marjoram, and basil.
- If you do not have time to make Italian breadcrumbs, you can use regular panko breadcrumbs instead.
17. Macaroni and Cheese Burgers
This recipe is another winning combo, pairing a juicy beef patty with macaroni and cheese as the ‘bun’! It takes a little more effort and time, but the result will be worth it. Keep this dish for a day when you need a naughty comfort dish that is next level.
- You can make this dish with leftover macaroni and cheese or start preparing the day before. Once created, spread the macaroni and cheese on a prepared baking sheet and leave it in the fridge to chill. When ready to make the ‘burger’ the next day, press out the rounds and fry them.
18. Buttermilk Macaroni and Cheese
If you have macaroni and cheese, go all out by adding buttermilk. Buttermilk is thicker than regular milk and has a richness and acidity (but not sour) that elevates the traditional meal into a better version.
- If you do not have buttermilk, no problem. It is easy to make your own. Add one tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice per cup of regular milk and let it thicken for a few minutes. In this recipe, you will need 1.5 cups (275 ml) of milk and 1.5 tablespoons (22 ml) of vinegar or lemon juice.
- If you do not like broad beans, leave them out of the recipe. You can also replace them with another vegetable, like peas.
19. Truffle Macaroni and Cheese
Truffle macaroni and cheese is perfect for a special occasion or when you are having guests over. The truffle oil, whether the white or black variety, is an expensive ingredient that not everyone can use daily. Yet, when the moment calls for it, truffle oil can transform the most familiar family favorite into a gourmet feast.
- It is best to stick to this recipe rather than get too creative. Adding additional ingredients, like bacon, will only take away from the essence of this dish. The truffle oil is unique and rich, making this macaroni and cheese version extremely special without the need to dress it up even more.
- Note the different quantities in the white and black truffle oil.
20. Fish Pie Macaroni and Cheese
This fish pie macaroni and cheese is the perfect marriage. The cheesy macaroni compliments the fish, adding peas and a pop of color and nutrition. This is a crowd-pleaser any time of year but goes down particularly well on a chilly evening.
- The fish pie macaroni and cheese already have all the protein, carbs, and vegetables you need to make it a well-rounded meal. The recipe suggests serving this pie with a side salad. However, you can leave this out if you are pressed for time.
- The fish pie macaroni and cheese freezes well, making it suitable for meal prep.
21. Pulled Pork Macaroni and Cheese
Pulled pork macaroni and cheese is one way to use leftover pork. Besides the fact that you are pairing two flavor bombs, what makes this a winner is the creamy pasta sauce balanced with the texture of the pork. One bite and you will want to make this part of your weekly meal plan.
- You can purchase pulled pork at most good grocery stores.
- The dish is rich, so pair it with a green salad with a tangy dressing to cut through the fattiness.
22. Vegan Kimchi Macaroni and Cheese
If you haven’t tried kimchi (spicy Korean pickled cabbage), this is an excellent way to introduce it into your diet. Kimchi doesn’t only have numerous health benefits but adds a burst of spice to a dish that is difficult to replicate using another ingredient. The distinct taste in this vegan kimchi macaroni and cheese will go down well even with meat lovers.
- Most bigger grocery stores will have kimchi and the Korean spice paste, gochujang, available. Still, if you can’t find it, purchase it from a reputable online store. Try and use the exact ingredients listed in the recipe to give it an authentic Korean taste.
23. Air Fryer Macaroni and Cheese Balls
It’s time to use your air fryer in this recipe. Making this dish from scratch will require you to start a few hours ahead unless you have leftover macaroni and cheese in the fridge, which will significantly cut down the time. Besides being quick, the air fryer makes these macaroni and cheese balls perfectly crisp and crunchy. Once the balls are prepared, it only takes 3-4 minutes in the air fryer.
- Start preparing the macaroni and cheese balls the day before to reduce prep time before serving.
- You may use any short pasta in this recipe (e.g., elbow, fusilli, rigatoni, penne, etc.)
- Make these macaroni and cheese balls as part of your meal prep. It freezes well for up to three months.
24. Colorful Macaroni and Cheese
This speedy and colorful macaroni and cheese is a convenient mid-week meal that your kids will love (unless you let the cat out of the bag that it contains veggies!).
- Make your cheese sauce instead of the canned version if you have time.
- You can swap the vegetables with other varieties, like peas, red pepper, or carrots.
25. Greek Yogurt Macaroni and Cheese
This Greek yogurt macaroni and cheese takes only 15 minutes. It is also a healthier version of the traditional recipe with lower fat and calorie content. You can, therefore, indulge in this classic comfort food without the lingering guilt afterward.
- The Greek yogurt in this recipe can be substituted with Bulgarian or plain yogurt.
- You can mix some vegetables, like broccoli or spinach, in with the macaroni and cheese towards the end. Or you can serve some vegetables on the side.
26. Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls
A great party food, lunch option, or a side dish to dinner, spring rolls are famous the world over. Fill them with macaroni and cheese, and you have yourself a keeper. The magic happens when the crunch of the deep-fried pastry gives way to the silky-smooth macaroni and cheese. Best make double the amount if you have a large get-together since they will only last for a while.
- Use an even smaller pasta to fit better as a filling, like an orzo or pastina.
- Make these macaroni and cheese spring rolls and dipping sauce ahead of time to save on prep.
27. Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
Lobster macaroni and cheese is a showstopper of a dish perfect for a special occasion. The macaroni and cheese dish is still a familiar favorite. Yet, it takes a step up thanks to the decadence of the lobster, making this meal ultra-luxurious. You can even use lobster shells to decorate your macaroni and cheese, making a great centerpiece.
- A fish, vegetable, or even chicken stock is a suitable replacement for the wine in this recipe.
- Reduce the ingredients by 50% if you only cook for 3-4 people.
28. Macaroni and Cheese Bolognese Bake
Are you tired of the same version of Bolognese? Rather than doing a traditional lasagna or spaghetti Bolognese, mix the sauce with macaroni and a creamy cheese sauce. Not only does it make perfect sense, but it kills two birds with one stone, satisfying both lovers of Bolognese and macaroni and cheese.
- Make this dish part of your meal prep repertoire since it freezes well. On the day, you must thaw it and finish it off in the oven.
- You can substitute the macaroni for any small pasta of your choice.
- To make this meal better, start early and let your Bolognese simmer for 2-2.5 hours. You will taste the difference!
- If you want a vegetarian version, use lentils instead of mince.
29. Chicken Macaroni and Cheese Soup
An ideal dish is chicken macaroni and cheese soup when you need a pick-me-up on a cold day. Eating this soup makes you feel like someone is wrapping a blanket around you, leaving you warm and cozy. It is also a recipe that allows a little more freedom to add and substitute ingredients to your liking.
- This meal is great for using leftover chicken, macaroni and cheese, or any leftover bits of vegetables in the fridge.
- Serve this dish on its own or with a side of crusty bread.
30. Macaroni and Cheese Tuna Casserole
This budget-friendly version of the classic macaroni and cheese includes tuna and proves that frugal does not have to mean dull meals. This macaroni and cheese tuna casserole is tasty and nutritious and only takes 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
- If you prepare this casserole for fussy eaters, you can exclude the peas.
- If you prefer, swap canned tuna for canned salmon instead.
- The use of canned mushrooms is optional in this recipe.
31. Spicy Baked Macaroni
This cheeky dish comes from one of the Queens of Italian cooking, Giada de Laurentiis. The basis is still your classic macaroni and cheese. However, the vegetables and red pepper flakes give it some serious attitude. This spicy baked macaroni is convenient for feeding a crowd or a big family. You can also switch up the vegetables to your taste.
- This recipe feeds ten people, so half the ingredients if you are only cooking for 4-5. Another option is freezing any leftovers for another day.
- Since this meal already has pasta, a velvety cheese sauce, and an array of vegetables, it is a complete meal. But, if you feel generous, add some crusty bread or a leafy green salad on the side.
32. Swedish Meatball Macaroni and Cheese
This Swedish meatball macaroni and cheese merges two cultures in a satisfying 30-minute meal that you can whip up in the middle of the week. Not that the classic Swedish meatball casserole with pasta and gravy needed an upgrade, but it did anyway through cheese.
- Cook your pasta straight in the sauce until done.
- If (and that is a very big ‘if’) there are any leftovers, freeze them for up to three months.
33. Macaroni and Cheese Croquettes
Not many things are better and naughtier than deep-fried macaroni and cheese croquettes.
- Even though the recipe states a time of 15 minutes, be aware that you still need to cook the pasta, and it needs to be set for at least three hours in the fridge (preferably overnight). Therefore, aim for around 3h 25 minutes in total.
- This recipe only feeds an average of one person, so double or triple the ingredient quantities if you are cooking for the family.
- This dish pairs well with a light green salad.
34. Macaroni and Cheese Salad
With the addition of a few ingredients and the fact that you serve this dish cold, this salad is based on the standard recipe for macaroni and cheese. This dish is an excellent addition to a barbecue. Just ensure you make enough when cooking for a summer get-together. Chances are that your guests will go back for seconds.
- If it is more to your taste, you can swap the mayonnaise for a healthier option, like Greek yogurt.
- You can also serve this dish at room temperature.
35. Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe for the classic macaroni and cheese is quick and easy. Yet, it avoids pre-packaged (boxed) products. Instead, you have a better version that you prepare from scratch, but it won’t take an hour or two since your pressure cooker does all the heavy lifting. You can be dishing up to hungry mouths in only 35 minutes.
- Serve this instant pot macaroni and cheese with steamed vegetables or a healthy salad.
36. Macaroni and Cheese Greens Pie
The macaroni and cheese greens pie looks the part, almost like a savory birthday cake. Besides looking like a colorful centerpiece, it is much healthier, making it (almost) guilt-free. It takes a little time to prepare and cook, but the result is a tasty showstopper that will please family and friends.
- Examples of ‘spring green’ vegetables include baby spinach, kale, cabbage, and bok choy.
- You can adapt this recipe to make miniature pies. Assemble in a lined cupcake or muffin tin and reduce the cooking time to 10-15 minutes.
37. Corndog Macaroni and Cheese With Spicy Ketchup
Inspired by the much-loved snack one can typically get at a sports event, these macaroni and cheese corndogs will be a hit with anyone. No matter how young or old.
- If you make these corndogs for young ones, keep the side sauce as regular ketchup rather than adding Sriracha sauce.
- This dish is a labor of love. Make it when you have time on your hands, like the weekend.
38. Chili Macaroni and Cheese
You probably can’t resist these two dishes in winter: macaroni and cheese and a warm bowl of chili. This recipe marries these two American classics, giving you double the flavor and the satisfaction.
- You can substitute the mince and bacon with lentils and beans for a meat-free version of this chili macaroni and cheese.
- This dish keeps well in the freezer, so make it part of your meal prep for when things get busy.
39. Artichoke and Pesto Macaroni and Cheese
Beautiful Mediterranean ingredients are the inspiration behind this artichoke and pesto macaroni and cheese, which is ideal if you want a slightly lighter meal. Although it still includes cheese, it turns the richness and fattiness down a notch by using Havarti cheese. Another bonus is that it all comes together in less than half an hour.
- You may use any short pasta of your choice in this recipe (e.g., elbow, fusilli, rigatoni, penne, etc.)
- If you can’t find Havarti cheese, you can use Provolone.
40. Salmon Macaroni and Cheese
Just when you think mac ‘n cheese can’t get any better, it does. This recipe combines the American classic with salmon, which bulks it up, provides texture, and gives you more protein than the traditional version. Plus, it goes easy on the wallet if you use tinned salmon.
- Mac ‘n cheese is rich, so balance it with a fresh salad and tangy dressing.
- You can substitute the Gruyere cheese with Cheddar if you prefer.
41. Macaroni and Cheese Grilled Cheese
If the word ‘cheese’ is used twice in the name of a dish, you know you are in for a ride. Don’t be shy – tuck in! This macaroni and cheese grilled cheese is pure indulgence.
- Try something more adventurous for this recipe, like a nice sourdough loaf instead of regular bread.
- Add another flavor element by using garlic butter outside the bread slices rather than regular butter.
- This dish is a great way to use leftover macaroni and cheese.
42. Curry Macaroni and Cheese
Curry macaroni and cheese is a spicy spin on the classic. This dish is tasty and 100% allergy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and vegan. Don’t believe it? Try it to find out. Make sure you shop around for the same ingredients listed in the recipe.
- If you or your family don’t have health or dietary requirements, you may revert to regular, short pasta and a cheese sauce. Just keep the spices for an Indian flair.
43. Garlic Mushroom Macaroni and Cheese
Adding mushrooms to macaroni and cheese adds to the savory flavor of the dish. It also gives it a ‘meatiness’ without including any meat. It elevates the traditional macaroni and cheese recipe to something you and your family will go back for repeatedly.
- If mushrooms are not in season or you do not have any, you can use half the quantity (weight) of the canned version. In this recipe, that would amount to 8 oz of drained canned mushrooms.
44. Vegan Avocado Macaroni and Cheese
While following a strictly vegan diet, you can still enjoy the taste and texture of meals. This vegan avocado macaroni and cheese has all the creaminess of the original version without compromising taste. And the result is a quirky green color that might be unusual at first but exciting and delicious.
- To guarantee that this meal is suitable for vegans, read the ingredients list in the recipe carefully to ensure you use the exact items as specified.
- You can exercise flexibility in the variety of vegetables you choose to add.
45. Greek Macaroni and Cheese
If you hear the word ‘Greek’ in a conversation about food, you think of olives and feta (among other things). These ingredients are present in this Greek macaroni and cheese, transporting you through presentation and flavor.
- This dish is suitable to prepare 1-2 days ahead until you are ready to bake.
- You can also freeze this dish. Thaw it overnight in the fridge and bake in the oven, covered, for 20 minutes.
- This meal pairs well with a simple green salad or bread.
46. Apple Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
Do not judge this dish purely on its name. Adding apples to this bacon macaroni and cheese might seem odd initially. Yet, the sweetness and texture play a crucial part in the dish’s success. It balances with the smoky bacon and rich cheese sauce, making you wonder why you never considered including an apple in the classic version in the first place.
- The recipe suggests using an apple variety like Braeburn, but you can use any apple.
47. Gluten-Free Macaroni and Cheese
This version of macaroni and cheese utilizes gluten-free flour and pasta, making it a suitable main or side dish for those who have a gluten intolerance. Even if you don’t, you will still enjoy this meal as it is as satisfying as the classic recipe.
- Instead of gluten-free corn flour, you can use rice flour or tapioca flour to make your sauce.
- You can use any short, gluten-free pasta you find – it does not have to be macaroni.
48. Doritos Macaroni and Cheese
This version of macaroni and cheese unashamedly uses Doritos nacho chips for extra crunch. If you think you are above the use of Doritos, do yourself a favor and try it before making any judgments. You can thank this article and recipe later.
- If you want to be adventurous, try different flavors of Doritos nacho chips.
- For a bit of a kick, add red pepper flakes or spicy paprika to your cheese sauce.
49. Spaghetti Squash Macaroni and Cheese
OK, this dish does not include macaroni per se, making the name slightly misleading. But you get the point: cheesy squash spaghetti. It is much easier on your waistline and acceptable if you are on a keto diet. Even kids will love this version of macaroni and cheese.
- To keep this dish super-healthy, leave the pork rinds out (but do you want to?)
- With a suitable kitchen gadget, you can make spaghetti from other vegetables, like zucchini.
50. You can’t have Mac and Cheese recipes without a tried and true recipe
There are so many macaroni and cheese recipes it is almost impossible to try them all. Each one has a unique little twist to make it slightly different than the one before. This recipe uses shredded sharp cheddar and shredded Gruyere.
It is recommended that you shred your own cheese instead of buying it already shredded. It also gives recommendations for variations on cheeses. You would be surprised how changing the cheese make a difference in the taste.
51. Macaroni and cheese with a little spice
This macaroni and cheese is a fairly traditional recipe that requires you to make a roux with flour, butter, and milk. You will use heaping teaspoons of dry mustard, which gives it a little kick. At the end, this recipe suggests that you add cayenne and paprika.
This will really kick up the spice of your macaroni and cheese. It has a crispy top layer which is a nice balance to the soft bottom. For this recipe, you want to undercook the pasta for a few minutes so that it is not mushy when it comes out of the oven.
52. The best mac and cheese you ever tasted, the creator said so
This mac and cheese recipe uses Panko bread crumbs, smoked paprika, and heavy whipping cream. The bread crumbs give you a nice crust on top. The smoked paprika gives the mac and cheese a nice smoky flavor.
Heavy whipping creams help to make the Mac and cheese creamy and gooey.
53. Who said basic has to be boring mac and cheese recipe
This is a tried and true rich mac and cheese recipe. This recipe calls for shredded sharp cheddar and grated parmesan cheeses. You will make a basic roux with flour and butter, and milk that you slowly add.
Next, you brown the breadcrumbs before you add them to the top of the macaroni and bake it in the oven.
54. The creamiest cream-less mac and cheese you will ever taste
If you want to bake the creamiest mac and cheese without heavy cream that you have ever had, this is the recipe for you. This recipe uses mozzarella and Gruyere cheese to give you a creamy and stretchy cheesy sauce. This macaroni and cheese has a buttery topping of breadcrumbs that will make this your favorite recipe ever.
Of course, you want to be careful not to overcook the pasta, so it isn’t mushy or bloated.
55. Easy, Breezy, Mac, and Cheesy
This is a quick and easy recipe that can put hot and cheesy macaroni and cheese on your table in less than an hour. This recipe recommends cavatappi or shells for this macaroni and cheese. In this recipe, it is recommended that you use freeze dried cheddar cheese so you can skip the step of grating cheese.
This gives your macaroni and cheese a unique taste that may remind you slightly of the macaroni and cheese you ate from the blue box as a kid. This version tastes better and is better for you.
56. Extra Cheesy on a Budget
This is a basic macaroni and cheese recipe that you can make on a budget. In less than 50 minutes and under $5, you can make a tasty and flavorful macaroni and cheese that your family will love. This recipe calls for hot sauce and onion powder to give your new favorite recipe a nice kick.
57. We can’t forget aged cheddar…find it here
This macaroni and cheese recipe consists of eight simple and easy-to-find ingredients. In this recipe, you find high-quality aged shredded cheddar cheese. With this recipe, you do not have to bake the mac and cheese.
You can, if you want to, but you do not have to. Everything gets cooked in the pan while you are mixing it. Putting it in the oven takes it up a level.
58. Velvety Sauce and Crispy Crust on your Mac and Cheese
This recipe is a throwback to the homemade mac and cheese you ate as a kid or the mac and cheese you wished you ate when you were a kid. It only takes 15 minutes to make, and before you know it, this creamy recipe will be on your table. The roux in this recipe is only two ingredients: butter and flour.
59. Southern Charm Meets Mac and Cheese
This macaroni and cheese recipe is best for a special occasion. It all starts with a roux of milk and eggs. This is what gives a silky and rich flavor.
This recipe has been in the family for generations, and it includes large amounts of cheese. It includes extra sharp cheddar for a bit of tartness, and Colby Jack makes it cheesy and gooey.
60. Satisfy an entire crowd with this recipe
This recipe uses three different kinds of cheese to keep it cheesy. This recipe calls for Gruyère, extra-sharp Cheddar, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. When you mix different types of cheese in this recipe, it adds dimension and texture to the dish.
It recommends that you use an authentic Swiss-made Gruyère. This means it bears the AOP (Appellation d’Origine Protégée) seal.
61. Classic comfort with baked macaroni and cheese
This recipe is a from scratch baked mac and cheese with only three simple steps. First, it uses key ingredients needed for macaroni and cheese. The sauce is smooth and creamy and consists of butter, flour, and two cups of milk.
It also causes a sprinkling of salt, red pepper, and black pepper to add flavor.
62. Easy, Peasy, and Pesto
This creamy mac and cheese use less than ten ingredients, meaning it is incredibly easy. This recipe suggests adding peas and pesto to brighten it up with color. Like most recipes, this one suggests shredding your own cheese.
Many pre-shredded kinds of cheese have anti-caking starch added to them, which goes into your food.
63. The best of the best mac and cheese
This recipe uses heavy whipping cream and whole milk for creaminess. It has paprika, cayenne, and white pepper for a touch of spice. This recipe calls for shredded cheese but does not specify what kind of cheese.
You can use whatever cheese you would like. The recipe recommends that you use two different kinds of cheese.
64. Buttery Mac and Cheese from Trisha Yearwood
This recipe specifically calls for macaroni with ridges to allow the cheese sauce to sit in the ridges. In addition, it calls for butter and kosher salt. This recipe takes almost 30 minutes to make and then another 15 minutes to bake in the oven.
65. John Legend plus Martha Stewart equals magic
This is John Legend’s recipe that he brought to Martha Stewart’s show. This is a classic Southern-style comfort food recipe. This recipe calls for evaporated milk, skim milk, and garlic powder.
This is cheesy and has a good amount of flavor.
66. Mac and Cheese all made on the stovetop, all in one pot
This is the best recipe for macaroni and cheese because it is made completely on the stovetop and all in one pot. There is no need to use a lot of dishes. You can cook your mac and cheese in the same pot where you cook your pasta.
It takes only 20 minutes before you have creamy, cheesy macaroni. This recipe calls for sharp white cheddar and parmesan cheeses.
67. Cabot Baked Macaroni and Cheese
This baked macaroni and cheese rises to the top of the list of comfort foods. This recipe is the perfect option for your family. It will make anyone at your table happy.
This recipe calls for Cabot cheddar cheese with a crunchy breadcrumb topping. This mac and cheese has a satisfying flavor with a kick of spice. This recipe uses Tabasco sauce, black pepper, and freshly grated nutmeg.
For the breadcrumbs in this recipe, it uses firm white or wheat bread. Of course, everyone will ask for another serving.
68. Extra Saucy Mac and Cheese
This recipe uses sauce that is made from scratch and is extra saucy. Sharp cheddar is recommended for this recipe. It suggests adding in Gruyere and pepper jack to provide a little kick.
There is a special ingredient in this recipe, which is cheddar cheese soup. The purpose of this soup is to make the sauce velvety smooth and gives it a little something extra. It is important that you allow the macaroni and cheese to rest for several minutes before you serve.
69. Southern Charm in your mac and cheese
This recipe suggests that you layer your ingredients in your mac and cheese as if you are making a lasagna. Place a layer of macaroni, then a layer of cheese, and top it all with another layer of macaroni. This recipe also creates a custard to make the macaroni and cheese creamy and saucy.
When adding the eggs to your noodles, you want to ensure that you do not scramble the eggs when you add them to the custard. If you want to give your mac and cheese a different taste, you can change the type of cheese that you use.