I love big, comfortable chairs. Large recliner chairs fit the bill perfectly. These are the ultimate TV watching, book reading, tablet using arm chairs. Check out this awesome collection of big, comfy chairs.
Large recliner chair vs. large accent chair with an ottoman. Both have their pros and cons. Overall, recliners are more comfortable (as far as I’m concerned). Accent chairs with an ottoman, on the other hand, look better in a living room. I would restrict recliners to family rooms (including rec rooms, media rooms and the like) and stylish accent chairs such as club chairs with an ottoman to the living room.
Because I like BIG comfy chairs, I put together this list of large, comfy recliner chairs.
Table of Contents
- 1. Large Rocker Recliners
- 2. Two-Position Recliners
- 3. Push-Back Recliner Chairs
- 4. Lift Recliners
- 5. Massage
- 6. La-Z-Boy
- 7. Leather
- 8. Recliners with Ottoman
- 9. Swivel Recliners
- 10. Contemporary Style
- 11. Microfiber
- 12. Manual
- 13. Heated
- 14. Black (Popular Color)
- 15. Gray
- 16. Brown
- 17. Blue
- 18. Polyester
- 19. Large Power Recliners
- 20. Theater Seating Recliner Chairs
1. Large Rocker Recliners
- Ultra thick and comfortable cushion.
- It rocks in both seating and reclining position.
- Feels like a comfortable single bed when reclined.
- Very relaxing.
- Needs assembly.
- Some find the cushion hard.
- You get what you pay for (low quality).
2. Two-Position Recliners
- Luxurious Design.
- High Quality.
- Luxurious design and build yet very affordable.
- Not big and bulky.
- Manual recliner operation.
- It doesn’t come with footrest.
- It may be hard to keep it in reclining position for a long time.
- Back leans too much.
3. Push-Back Recliner Chairs
- Soft and comfortable.
- Can seat very close to the wall, around 4″.
- Materials are heavy duty.
- Easy to assemble.
- Nice flared armrest is a perfect resting place for tired arms and the back supports/catches the head perfectly.
- Too heavy.
- Not very comfortable for large people.
- The footrest cannot be easily returned to the chair while sitting.
4. Lift Recliners
- Cozy and classic design.
- High-quality heavy-duty materials.
- With wheels for easy moving.
- Easy to assemble.
- Well-constructed and durable.
- Heavy and bulky.
- Comfortable and therapeutic.
- Relieves muscle pain.
- Gives overall head-to-toe massage.
- Heating therapy to lower back and arms is superb!
- Reclines at a zero gravity position to maximize enjoyment and satisfaction.
- Costs a lot.
- Consumes electricity.
- The design and materials used are of high quality.
- It has a swivel and rocking function.
- The massage relieves muscle pain and also offers a heating function in the lower back.
- The headrest is adjustable to accommodate various human sizes.
- The padded armrest and head support offer superior comfort and relaxation.
- Stuffing disintegrates over time.
- Footrest can be difficult to operate.
- Very comfortable recliner.
- Not bulky saves space.
- The chair reclines all the way back, to a comfortable flat position.
- Not so big furniture that comfortably sits tall and big people.
- Beautiful and luxurious design.
- Footrest does not extend far enough.
8. Recliners with Ottoman
- Very affordable.
- Easy to put together.
- Offers a comfortable and soothing massage.
- It offers a heated massage.
- Back does not lock into place.
- The chair can be too low to the floor.
- In the long run, problems with the heater and massager may arise.
9. Swivel Recliners
- Swivels comfortably.
- The chair is thickly cushioned and comfortable.
- Affordable yet efficient and durable.
- Does not occupy much space.
- The backrest may not be high enough for tall people.
- Too thick and hard for some people.
- Develops a squeaking sound in the long run.
10. Contemporary Style
- Doesn’t take much of space.
- Soft and comfortable for kids.
- It comes with many adorable colors.
- Doesn’t support the adult size.
- Not for bigger kids.
- Great upholstery with a simple design.
- Very comfortable chair.
- Fits into small spaces.
- Reclines to full lying position with manual footrest.
- Color is neutral which matches any color design.
- Easy to recline but difficult to close.
- Questionable durability.
- Not large enough for big people.
- Elegant and beautifully designed.
- Doesn’t occupy a lot of space.
- Neat and sleek–not bulky at all.
- Faux leather upholstery looks luxurious.
- The bottom brace is not durable enough to support heavy weights in the long run.
- The back tends to fall way back.
- Not suitable for tall and large people.
- Perfect relaxation chair.
- Affordable for its functions.
- Easily assembled.
- Gives a full body massage.
- Has convenience features such as cupholders, side, and front couches.
- Questionable quality.
- Cushion/padding deteriorates over time.
- Some find it hard to get out of after reclining.
14. Black (Popular Color)
- Padding gives support and comfort to arms back and neck.
- Cleaning is made easy with stain-resistant microfiber upholstery.
- The built is excellent and firm.
- Looks modern and luxurious.
- Not bulky.
- Easy assembly.
- Can be too tight for large frames.
- Heavy people find cushion too soft that you would feel the metal frame.
- Microfiber upholstery is so soft like silk.
- Reclines to full bed style and support large frames.
- One step assembly.
- The design looks modern and pretty.
- Wobbles in the long run.
- Armrest can be to low for the seating position.
- Some still find this chair not big enough.
- Affordable large kiddie recliner.
- Plush and thick padding.
- Easy to clean microfiber upholstery.
- Sturdy enough to support little kids.
- Comes in many colors.
- Not so many complaints about this one. Very efficient kiddie recliner.
- Protects recliners in fashionable colors.
- Easy to maintain the fabric.
- Washable and reusable.
- Extends the life of your recliners.
- Covers can be loose.
- Can be torn in the long run.
- Comfortable, and easy to assemble.
- Quality is superb comparing to its price.
- Sturdy and good quality.
- Requires little assembly.
- Doesn’t fit large frames.
- Base deteriorates in the long run.
19. Large Power Recliners
- Easy to put together and convenient to use.
- Plump and comfortable.
- Affordable power recliner.
- It can be close to the wall.
- Not very bulky.
- Uses power and electricity.
20. Theater Seating Recliner Chairs
We have an entire gallery dedicated to some really cool theater recliners.
Home Stratosphere is an award-winning home and garden online publication that’s a result of our talented researchers and writers who work directly with hundreds of professional interior designers, furniture designers, landscape designers and architects from around the world to create helpful, informative, entertaining and inspiring articles and design galleries.