Large recliner chair vs. large accent chair with an ottoman. Both have their pros and cons. Overall, recliners are more comfortable (as far as I’m concerned). Accent chairs with an ottoman, on the other hand, look better in a living room. I would restrict recliners to family rooms (including rec rooms, media rooms and the like) and stylish accent chairs such as club chairs with an ottoman to the living room.
Because I like BIG comfy chairs, I put together this list of large, comfy recliner chairs.
Table of Contents
- 1. Large Rocker Recliners
- 2. Two-Position Recliners
- 3. Push-Back Recliner Chairs
- 4. Lift Recliners
- 5. Massage
- 6. La-Z-Boy
- 7. Leather
- 8. Recliners with Ottoman
- 9. Swivel Recliners
- 10. Contemporary Style
- 11. Microfiber
- 12. Manual
- 13. Heated
- 14. Black (Popular Color)
- 15. Gray
- 16. Brown
- 17. Blue
- 18. Polyester
- 19. Large Power Recliners
- 20. Theater Seating Recliner Chairs
1. Large Rocker Recliners
As much as I want to be more objective in my reviews, I’ll have to say this one is very close to my heart since I have one in my entertainment room at home. There is no way, you won’t enjoy your rest days in this chair that actually rocks!
- Ultra thick and comfortable cushion.
- It rocks in both seating and reclining position.
- Feels like a comfortable single bed when reclined.
- Very relaxing.
- Needs assembly.
- Some find the cushion hard.
- You get what you pay for (low quality).
2. Two-Position Recliners
This recliner can be a chair and a lounge recliner in one. The overall aesthetics are superb! It looks like an expensive executive chair that can also be turned into a recliner. Overall, this chair is a good value for its price for the frame and upholstery are fantastic.
- Luxurious Design.
- High Quality.
- Luxurious design and build yet very affordable.
- Not big and bulky.
- Manual recliner operation.
- It doesn’t come with footrest.
- It may be hard to keep it in reclining position for a long time.
- Back leans too much.
3. Push-Back Recliner Chairs
This manual recliner is so soft and plushy that you’d want to slumber on it all day. The neutral beige color can also fit into any room. Reclining is just a push of a button and the footrest is manually retracted. You’d definitely love to sleep on it more than your actual bed.
- Soft and comfortable.
- Can seat very close to the wall, around 4″.
- Materials are heavy duty.
- Easy to assemble.
- Nice flared armrest is a perfect resting place for tired arms and the back supports/catches the head perfectly.
- Too heavy.
- Not very comfortable for large people.
- The footrest cannot be easily returned to the chair while sitting.
4. Lift Recliners
This recliner is for big and tall people who can not get comfortable in just any ordinary recliner. This one is big and plushy, to ensure that you get the most comfort from it. The look and size will remind you of your cozy sofa chair–only that it’s a recliner!
- Cozy and classic design.
- High-quality heavy-duty materials.
- With wheels for easy moving.
- Easy to assemble.
- Well-constructed and durable.
- Heavy and bulky.
If you have a lot more budget to invest in a recliner, then why not go all the way extravagant and reward yourself with this reliable massage recliner chair! This chair is something that you won’t regret splurging on. It saves you from body pains and spa visits in the long run.
- Comfortable and therapeutic.
- Relieves muscle pain.
- Gives overall head-to-toe massage.
- Heating therapy to lower back and arms is superb!
- Reclines at a zero gravity position to maximize enjoyment and satisfaction.
- Costs a lot.
- Consumes electricity.
This La-Z-Boy will leave you wanting for more. I can stay on this recliner all day! It swivels as a chair and recliner, it has massage and heating functions, and it has ergonomic design and construction. What more could you ask for?
- The design and materials used are of high quality.
- It has a swivel and rocking function.
- The massage relieves muscle pain and also offers a heating function in the lower back.
- The headrest is adjustable to accommodate various human sizes.
- The padded armrest and head support offer superior comfort and relaxation.
- Stuffing disintegrates over time.
- Footrest can be difficult to operate.
If you just want a luxurious recliner that looks like a chair, this one is a big treat. This one is elegant-looking and majestic with the old-fashioned back design. The rich leather upholstery and durable built is second to none.
- Very comfortable recliner.
- Not bulky saves space.
- The chair reclines all the way back, to a comfortable flat position.
- Not so big furniture that comfortably sits tall and big people.
- Beautiful and luxurious design.
- Footrest does not extend far enough.
8. Recliners with Ottoman
Want to sit and relax comfortably without spending too much? You can invest in this recliner and stool set in faux leather! What’s impressing is that with such an affordable price, you get great aesthetics and nice massager.
- Very affordable.
- Easy to put together.
- Offers a comfortable and soothing massage.
- It offers a heated massage.
- Back does not lock into place.
- The chair can be too low to the floor.
- In the long run, problems with the heater and massager may arise.
9. Swivel Recliners
This thick and comfy recliner chair looks modern and chic. The color is also attractive. This swivel recliner can comfortably sit large people without taking too much space. The footrest can be easily extended once reclined.
- Swivels comfortably.
- The chair is thickly cushioned and comfortable.
- Affordable yet efficient and durable.
- Does not occupy much space.
- The backrest may not be high enough for tall people.
- Too thick and hard for some people.
- Develops a squeaking sound in the long run.
10. Contemporary Style
You must be wondering what does this small recliner do in this large recliner list. Well, to simply put, this recliner is made and designed for kids. The aesthetics are more kid-friendly. That is why, for a kid’s recliner, it is a large one for them to lounge in. Kids love to stay and rest on recliners as well, and if you want more time in your recliner, go get them this one! It’s affordable.
- Doesn’t take much of space.
- Soft and comfortable for kids.
- It comes with many adorable colors.
- Doesn’t support the adult size.
- Not for bigger kids.
This recliner is a great example of getting great upholstery without having to spend too much. This has microfiber upholstery, thick cushion, and a manual recliner control. The recliner has enough room to make large adults sit and lounge comfortably.
- Great upholstery with a simple design.
- Very comfortable chair.
- Fits into small spaces.
- Reclines to full lying position with manual footrest.
- Color is neutral which matches any color design.
- Easy to recline but difficult to close.
- Questionable durability.
- Not large enough for big people.
This recliner looks fantastic and elegant. This is a perfect size of recliner if you don’t want to see a big and bulky piece of furniture lying around your living room or entertainment room. It looks great and elegant as a chair which you can use as a recliner when the need arises.
- Elegant and beautifully designed.
- Doesn’t occupy a lot of space.
- Neat and sleek–not bulky at all.
- Faux leather upholstery looks luxurious.
- The bottom brace is not durable enough to support heavy weights in the long run.
- The back tends to fall way back.
- Not suitable for tall and large people.
This chair is everything you ever wanted at a low price–a massage chair, a swivel chair, a lazy boy, a recliner, a heated massager, and a couch.
- Perfect relaxation chair.
- Affordable for its functions.
- Easily assembled.
- Gives a full body massage.
- Has convenience features such as cupholders, side, and front couches.
- Questionable quality.
- Cushion/padding deteriorates over time.
- Some find it hard to get out of after reclining.
14. Black (Popular Color)
The look and the feel of this recliner make you want to slumber on it at first touch. The super-soft upholstery invites relaxation. It is also stain-resistant so less work for you! It reclines flat like a bed. Its footrest is manually operated.
- Padding gives support and comfort to arms back and neck.
- Cleaning is made easy with stain-resistant microfiber upholstery.
- The built is excellent and firm.
- Looks modern and luxurious.
- Not bulky.
- Easy assembly.
- Can be too tight for large frames.
- Heavy people find cushion too soft that you would feel the metal frame.
If you want a low recliner which feels like your daybed, this one is perfect! The upholstery and cushion are soft and comfortable. It features three reclining positions to meet your needs. It’s a large enough recliner that supports tall and large frame people without being too big and bulky.
- Microfiber upholstery is so soft like silk.
- Reclines to full bed style and support large frames.
- One step assembly.
- The design looks modern and pretty.
- Wobbles in the long run.
- Armrest can be to low for the seating position.
- Some still find this chair not big enough.
This kid recliner is large and luxurious. Treat your kids and let them enjoy lounging in this recliner. It is made f microfiber upholstery that they will love. It reclines all the way back and has a manual footrest for them to get comfortable.
- Affordable large kiddie recliner.
- Plush and thick padding.
- Easy to clean microfiber upholstery.
- Sturdy enough to support little kids.
- Comes in many colors.
- Not so many complaints about this one. Very efficient kiddie recliner.
This slipcover made it to our list to answer your need to protect your recliners from stains and dirt. It comes in many colors and in microfiber fabric that is easy to clean with a damp cloth.
- Protects recliners in fashionable colors.
- Easy to maintain the fabric.
- Washable and reusable.
- Extends the life of your recliners.
- Covers can be loose.
- Can be torn in the long run.
Dirt doesn’t easily attach to polyester upholstery. That is why this polyester recliner is easy to clean and maintain, This recliner is not too large and bulky which saves space in the room. The look and design is also beautiful and classy.
- Comfortable, and easy to assemble.
- Quality is superb comparing to its price.
- Sturdy and good quality.
- Requires little assembly.
- Doesn’t fit large frames.
- Base deteriorates in the long run.
19. Large Power Recliners
This stylish and modern recliner is so comfortable and cozy that you might want to sleep on it all day and all night. The electronic recline mechanism makes it easy and convenient to use.
- Easy to put together and convenient to use.
- Plump and comfortable.
- Affordable power recliner.
- It can be close to the wall.
- Not very bulky.
- Uses power and electricity.
20. Theater Seating Recliner Chairs
We have an entire gallery dedicated to some really cool theater recliners.