Need a large microwave oven? We did extensive research and put together this list of the 10 best large microwaves across a variety of types. Check it out.
That’s pretty typical with appliances and technology. New inventions cost a fortune and soon as they hit critical mass, the price drops dramatically.
If you’re looking for a large microwave that accommodate larger vessels and containers, we got you covered here. Check out these big microwaves that have rave customer reviews.
FYI, the pros and cons are a result of scouring customer feedback.
Table of Contents
1. Big Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
This stainless steel has pretty design. It has button operations that can be easily operated to get to your perfect cooking temperature desires. The interior is wide enough to accommodate large amount of food. It’s easy to clean too.
- Has child-lock safety feature.
- Humidity detection and turntable allows even cooking.
- Large curved interior enables you to cook large food.
- Simple operation.
- Easy defrost mechanism.
- Quality and durability needs improvement.
- Hardware quality issues.
2. Large Button
Larger buttons makes it more convenient to cook and operate microwaves ovens. It prevents accidents and mistakes during half-awake moments when trying to get a quick meal in the early morning or during midnight snacks. The buttons on this microwaves are also hard to miss with the contrasting black and white color combination.
- Turntable allows even cooking, and is dishwasher safe.
- Digital display allows accurate thermoregulation of the cooking process.
- 6 pre-set functions allows you to cook quickly and conveniently.
- Viewing door allows you to check what’s inside without interrupting the cooking process.
- Beeps to remind you of food left inside.
- Doesn’t take much space.
- Button labels fade and wear in the long run.
- Some are bothered with the loud beep.
- Quality and hardware issues.
The thing with countertop microwave oven is that it doesn’t occupy so much space as a full size oven does. Since it sits on the countertop, it keeps the kitchen roomy, tidy and not crowded.This oven from Panasonic is a great example. With its gorgeous design, it sits beautifully on the counter as you easily heat, defrost and cook your meals.
- Beautiful design.
- Cooks fast with powerful power and inverter technology.
- Automatic sensor adjusts time and temperature to cook different types of food.
- Even cooking to perfection.
- Large interior.
- The main button to open and close the door occasionally sticks.
- Can potentially leak radiation.
- May not last very long.
This solo microwave looks so cool. It is beautifully attached and installed like a drawer and you’ll love it! The touch operation in the front is also very modern and futuristic! What’s more convenient than pulling a drawer and placing your food inside to cook or heat? It makes the task look so easy and cool!
- Beautiful and innovative engineering.
- It is built-in so it is not practically occupying any space in the floor or the countertop.
- Easy touch operation.
- Automatically opens when done.
- Modern LCD display.
- Features a wide viewing window and internal lighting for a good look of what’s inside.
- Costly to own and install.
- Since it’s highly technical and automatic, technical concerns should be expected in the long run.
- Snappy closing may catch your fingers in between the door.
Combination Microwaves are type of microwave oven that can also function as a convection oven. It’s a great value because it combines the function of the two most popular appliances in the kitchen. It doesn’t just heat and defrost food. It can roast, cook pizza, cook muffins and other similar convection microwave ovens. This Combi microwave below does all of those mentioned functionalities in a modern and elegant design.Pros:
- Beautiful design and engineering.
- Functions both as a microwave oven and convection oven.
- Affordable, given its features and design.
- Easy operation with soft touch buttons and pre-set settings.
- Comes with a turntable and interior lighting.
- Digital displays allows easy control of temperature and time, thus accurate cooking.
- Questionable quality of materials.
- Some reported screeching after several months of use.
- May emit chemical or burnt smell.
6. Large Grill Microwave
Grill Microwaves has the ability to cook/grill much food on top of the regular microwave functions. This one from Samsung is breath-taking at first sight. It has an extremely gorgeous modern design. It looks and feels premium and expensive. The interior is also roomy, scratch-resistant, and easy to clean.
- Breath-taking premium design.
- Scratch resistant and easy to clean interior.
- Has turntable and grilling element.
- Easy pre-set buttons for cooking in various mode.
- Multifunctional and efficient.
- Some consumer reported quality issues.
- The button to open and close the door is made of plastic that can be easily broken.
- The surface can heat up.
- Not very durable for long-term use.
7. Dial Microwave
Personally, I am a great fan of dial microwaves such as this one from Westington. It offers simple mechanism. This is perfect for those people who find it hard to operate touch and button-operated microwaves. This way, anyone can simply cook and use the microwaves. Unlike the button-operated microwaves, the labels and settings don’t easily fade with the dial knobs.Pros:
- Easy to use and operate.
- This countertop oven doesn’t occupy much space.
- The handle is easy to gripe. No need for a separate button to open and close the door.
- Easy to clean, low-maintenance microwave oven.
- Perfect for seniors who have difficulty with vision.
- Great for long term use.
- May not last very long.
- Opening the door requires effort.
- Can impose safety risks in the long run when door can’t close tightly properly.
- May leak radiation.
This Microwave uses flatbed technology that can cook food even if you get rid of the turntable to maximize all of the space in the interior too cook food. This make some dishes that are not able to fit the conventional microwave may not fit inside this oven.Pros:
- Can be used with or without the durable glass turntable.
- Sleek modern design.
- Modern touch control and design.
- Easy to operate.
- Can accommodate more food and dishes without the glass turntable.
- Using it in the absence of the glass turntable makes it prone to uneven cooking.
- The glass door is highly mirrored, making it difficult to view what’s inside.
- The shiny and glossy finish is difficult to maintain in the kitchen.
- Touch and modern technology makes it prone to technical issues like touch screen malfunctioning and touch display errors.
This is like the Combi Microwave which combines he the functionality of the traditional convection ovens and the modern microwave ovens. This one from Emerson is a great example not just because of its sleek and polished appearance, but due to its high efficiency and quality. Pre-set settings include grill function which is another added function on top of the combination functions we just mentioned.
- Multiple functions make it a great investment. (Microwave function, convection function and grill function))
- Interior is easy to clean.
- Defrosting is made easy where you only have to enter the weight of the food and allowing the microwave to adjust temperatures to effectively defrost it for you.
- Include child safety features.
- Some quality issues were reported regarding this product.
- Some reported funny noises from the appliance in the long run.
- May not last very long in the kitchen due to some quality concerns.
When you are trying to go matchy-matchy with all your kitchen appliances, your best bet is to buy a set/pair of a range oven and over-the-range-microwave. Take a look at this over-the-range-microwave by GE. It’s weight and size makes it easy to install over the range. It also has two fans which aids in ventilation/exhaust fan function.
- Easy to use and operate–intuitive operation.
- Works efficiently and it’s top-rated in consumer reviews.
- Can easily fit and installed inline with hanging cabinets.
- Has a surface light which makes it convenient to use with a range oven.
- Large interior.
- Easy to install.
- The buttons are not backlit, making it difficult to use in dim or low light.
- Vent fan can be noisy.
- Some consumer reported it only worked great in about a year.
- Surface and sides can be easily dented.
These microwaves offers unique and various functionality to match your needs and desires. Some are a little bit more expensive with extra features while some retained basic and traditional design and engineering for easy operation. Like a soulmate, there is a perfect microwave oven suited for everyone. Which among these microwaves could possibly be your best fit?