A brick weighs four kilos. Therefore, one and a half bricks weigh six kilos. It is possible to accurately calculate the weight of a red brick or ceramic brick only approximately, since deviations are allowed in density and geometric dimensions.
The manufacturer sets the vacuum configuration at its own discretion. For an approximate weight calculation, a regular corpulent product recognizes density, format and size with ordinary red brick. The formula is: m = a * b * c * p where m – weight of a product, a B and the dimension, R – density.
What Is The Value Substitution?
Substituting the values of the solid brick M200, you can calculate its mass. Another way is to calculate the volume of one brick, and then the number of products in one cube. By dividing the mass of 1m³ of products by the number of bricks, you get the weight of one.
Red brick is the most common among all bricks. The general concept of red brick is used in connection with a wide assortment of products that differ significantly in composition, appearance, and purpose. When buying, it is important to navigate through the characteristics of all types of products, especially the weight and size.
What Are The Uniform Definitions?
Below are uniform definitions for different types of products:
- Brick – product used for laying on mortar;
- Normal format – standard red brick size 250x120x65;
- A rock – large-format product with a height of more than 140 mm;
- Solid brick , products whose internal cavities do not occupy more than 13% by volume;
- Hollow brick – a product with voids in a different order;
- Shaped brick has a shape other than a parallelepiped;
- Front brick – a product with characteristics that provide strength and decorativeness of masonry.
- Ordinary brick has no decorative treatment and is only used for masonry.
What are the Classifications and Designations?
Bricks are classified according to several parameters:
- Purpose and appearance – private and facial.
- Presence of intentionally designed voids – corpulent and hollow. Voids can be parallel to the bed (horizontal) or perpendicular (vertical).
- Strength: The parameter corresponds to classes within M100 – M300, clinker type – M300 – M1000, stones from M25 to M300, stone and brick with horizontal voids – M25 – M100.
- Frost resistance: Any type of product can be made with F25 – F300 frost resistance.
- Average density: The parameter corresponds to values from 0.7 to 2.4.
Nominal brick sizes may vary:
- Length (non-working size) from 250 to 510 mm;
- Width (working size) – 120-510 mm;
- Thickness from 140 to 219 mm for rough stones and strictly 229 for polished products.
The Technical Requirements
The manufacturing plant has the right to produce bricks according to its own technological sequence, but the products must meet certain requirements. Facing brick made with at least two front faces (spoon and butt). This makes it possible to obtain a lined surface of any wall when laying the bricks.
Vertical faces are made smooth or embossed. Face brick edges are smooth or textured by gunning, engobe, glazing or made by two-layer molding.
Product color – from red to brown – is determined by the manufacturer or negotiated under an agreement with a large consumer (wholesaler or developer). Black core and dark contact points on the surface – defects do not affect quality, but are the result of production technology.
Density classes indicate average density. The number indicates the maximum rate. For example, a density class corresponds to an indicator of up to 700 kg / m³, a density of 0.8 – 710-800 kg / m³, 1.4 – 1210-1400 kg / m³.
In addition to other characteristics, the weight of the brick is of great practical importance. It is taken into account when calculating the load of the constructed structure for the foundation. 1 piece red brick involves weight of material workmanship, size, density, product object.
Weight According to Indicators
By appointment, ceramic brick is produced by two types:
- Private or Construction – Suitable for the construction of interior walls and external finishes, foundation.
- The face has a smooth surface, on which aesthetic lenses are sometimes applied with a relief pattern.
The standard applies to such an important feature of products as its strength. The force of compression and bending is applied to marks in the range of M100 to M300. It is an indicator of the load, which is basically 1 m² brick. The higher the brand of the product, the greater its strength.
For example, manufacturers guarantee that the M125 brick is essential to the load, equal to 125 kg per KV. As a result, the M150 brick is more durable. Changes with a load of 150 kg per search.
The most important characteristic of any building material is its weight. Brick weight will allow you to perform all the necessary load calculations that may have on the base (fondo) walls laid out in bricks.
What are the Bricks?
Brick is a very popular building material, used for the construction of walls (including carriers).
Before determining the weight of the bricks, you need to know what they are and why they differ from each other. It should be understood that according to the production technology, bricks are divided into 2 categories:
Are also divided into such types:
- Face bricks
- Hollow bricks
It is important to understand that the weight of face brick differs from the weight of silicate/ceramic brick and the weight of full-scale brick.
Ceramic brick is the most standard and very popular brick. Ceramic bricks are made of several varieties of clay or mixtures of it. Such a brick has many advantages, including the importance and ability to maintain heat as well as:
- The ability to withstand environmental exposure
- Low price
- Not much weight
Living in a house built from this brick is very comfortable and absolutely safe for your health.
Ceramic Brick Weight
The weight of the ceramic brick is about 4 kg. This figure may vary depending on its type. For example, a hollow ceramic brick inside many voids, which causes its reduction in weight. The shape and size of the extreme voids depends on the manufacturer of the brick.
- The weight of the ceramic brick 250x120x65 (hollow) is 2.5 kg.
- The weight of the ceramic brick 250x120x65 (full-time) is 3.4-3.8 kg.
Core and other sizes of ceramic bricks, respectively, have different weights. For example, a point ceramic brick 250x120x888 mm, with another structure of the internal cavities. Despite the fact that such bricks weigh about 1.5 times more than ordinary bricks.
This happens even with a double brick, which weighs 2 times more than usual. The dimensions are 250x120x103 mm. One m3 of brick masonry weighs about 1500-1800 kg.
The share of brick masonry 1 m3 depends on the weight of the brick and ranges from 700 to 1800 kg. This parameter must be configured when calculating the foundation of the house.
Silicate brick weighs more than 1m3 1800-2000 kg. Silicate brick is becoming more and more popular lately. Such a brick is produced in autoclaves under the action of overpressure and the addition of steam, unlike the production of ceramic bricks in high-temperature firing kilns.
The silicate brick contains about 92-94% sand, all the rest is 3-5% lime and 1-2% various additives to improve the qualities. Due to this production technology, the silicate brick gains high strength, becomes a good thermal sound insulator, and the service life of this brick increases. The frost resistance of this brick is a guarantee of 15 to 50 frost and defrost cycles.
Silicate Brick Weight
The weight of the silicate brick depends on its type:
- Weight 1 of hollow hollow silicate brick 250x120x88 is 3.8-4 kg
- Weight 1 full-time silicate brick 250x120x88 is 5 kg
- The silicate brick produced in accordance with the requirements will be 250x120x65 mm in size, and can have different degrees of strength: 75, 100, 150. The weight of such a brick is from 1.8 to 3.2 kg.
The weight of the brick, it turns out, immediately depends on several parameters; first of all, its composition, from which it is made and the production technology. If you do not want to go into detail about this question, but want to learn the average weight of the brick, then it is 2.5 kg.
Brick Volume Weight
The volumetric weight of the bricks should also be required during construction. Indeed, after all, large brick sizes do not guarantee its weight. Standard ceramic brick 250x120x65 mm weighs 3.5 kg. Standard ceramic brick with a void 250x120x65 mm weighs 2.3 kg.
In this case, the share is 2600 kg / m3, the volumetric weight will be 1800 and 1200 kg / m3, respectively. For the choice of the optimal force, you need to learn from the volumetric weight. In order to determine the weight of bricks without taking into account the volumes of voids – you need to calculate the proportion.
Using the specific weight characteristics of bricks, its strength is characterized, since it does not take into account empty cavities. For example, if you take a brick with a specific weight of 3/4, it means that the strength will be reduced by almost ¼.
Ceramic or red brick is the standard and most widely used brick. It is made from different types of clay, by burning in the oven. This species has very good characteristics. Houses using this material are comfortable and safe. Hollow bricks weigh less. This is due to voids inside, which can be completely different amounts depending on the manufacturer.