We have cleaners clean our home once every 3 weeks. They do the big jobs that include all floors and bathrooms. That’s it. It’s a huge time saver for us because those big jobs are hard to fit into a schedule. Money well spent.
Some people hire cleaners to clean everything frequently while other people hire them to do some of the cleaning and then some people hire cleaners for one-time cleaning gigs such as when moving or they just want to give their house a really good cleaning.
When it comes to wanting to know how much it costs to hire cleaners, there are many different ways to report those costs. They include:
- Hourly rate per cleaning person
- Hourly rate for the crew (most cleaning services send out crews of 2 to 4 people)
- Cost to per visit
- Cost per month
- Cost per year
To that end, we created a basic house cleaning cost calculator that calculates an ESTIMATED cost for cleaning your home based on square footage and hourly rates per cleaner.
House Cleaning Cost Calculator
The big assumptions in our calculator are we assumed the following:
- 2 cleaning hours for light cleaning 1,000 sq. ft.
- 3 cleaning hours for moderate cleaning 1,000 sq. ft.
- 4 cleaning hours for deep cleaning 1,000 sq. ft. This would not, however, include one-off items such as cleaning a fridge or freezer or oven. Those tasks would require additional time.
2 cleaning hours could be one person taking 2 hours or two people taking 1 hour to clean 1,000 square feet. Therefore, with this example, it would take two people 2 hours to clean 2,000 sq. ft.
Our calculator is intended to be a guideline only given the many variables involved. Moreover, the above calculator does not provide a cost quote; we are not a cleaning service, nor do we sell nor broker cleaning services.