Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day? Some people, like doctors and nutritionists, think so, but the kind of breakfast that nutritionists have in mind isn’t a Pop Tart, a slice of toast with jam, or a bowl of sugar-sweetened cereal. A nutritious breakfast has to get your metabolism started with some healthy fat, some protein, and preferably a few vegetables, fruits, or berries.
Hash Brown Omelet Cups Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 Muffin Pan
- 1 Medium-Sized Bowl
- 1 set of muffin cups
- 1 Cheese Shredder
- 6 tablespoons cooking oil
- 9 eggs eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ pc bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked sausage, crumbled, cooked bacon, or diced ham
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put ½ tablespoon of cooking oil in all 12 cups of a muffin pan. Put the pan into the oven as it preheats.
- Crack the eggs into a medium sized bowl. Whisk the eggs with the milk and the salt until they are fluffy and bright yellow. Set this aside.
- When the oil in the muffin cups is hot, remove it from the oven. The oil should be runny and shimmering. Roll the muffin cups around, swirling the oil to coat the sides of the cups with the hot oil. Add the frozen hash browns to the muffin cups, dividing them evenly. Return the pan to the oven and bake the hash browns for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and divide the mushrooms and bell peppers between the muffin cups. Add 1 tablespoon of the breakfast meat to each cup.
- Divide the eggs evenly between the muffin cups. You may need to use a ladle to help prevent spilling. Top each muffin cup with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Put the muffin pan back into the oven and bake the hash brown omelet cups for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven. Take the Hash Brown Omelet Cups out of the muffin pan and serve them piping hot. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- These breakfast treats can be frozen for later use. Just let them cool to room temperature and then put them in a zip-top freezer bag. Seal the bag, pressing out as much air as you can. Freeze the Hash Brown Muffin Cups for up to a month.
- To enjoy them after freezing, just place them in the refrigerator overnight before you want to eat them. The next morning, you can microwave them for 30 to 40 seconds to reheat them, or put them on a pan and warm them in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Related: Hash Brown Recipes