This recipe takes homemade dinner rolls to a new and incredibly tasty place. This recipe uses a traditional dinner rolls recipe with soft white bread and adds extra butter (because we know that more butter makes everything better, right?) and the savory goodness of garlic and parsley. The rolls bake up golden brown, soft and tasty.
Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls
- Stand Mixer
- Mixer Bowl
- Dish Bowl
- Sharp Bladed Knife
- Baking Pan
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup Warm whole milk (100-115 degrees)
- ½ cup Warm water (from the tap is good, but not too hot)
- 2 ¼ tsp Active dry yeast
- 3 tbsp Sugar divided
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup Butter softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 large Egg
- 3 ¾ cups All-purpose flour divided
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
- 1 ½ tsp Minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a small bowl, stir together the milk, water, salt, and 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Sprinkle the yeast onto the top of the water. Let it stand until it is foamy, for about 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, using a paddle attachment, beat together the butter, ½ cup of the Parmesan cheese, and the rest of the sugar at medium speed.
- Continue beating until it is light and fluffy. Beat the egg into the mixture. Add the yeast mixture along with 2 ½ cups of flour. This should create a smooth batter.
- Change the mixer attachment to a dough hook. Add the rest of the flour a bit at a time. After a few minutes, the dough will begin to stick together to make a smooth dough ball, pulling away from the sides of the mixer bowl. The dough should be stretchy and a bit sticky. Use the dough hook to continue kneading the dough for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Take the bowl off of the mixer. Pour the olive oil in the bowl along the side of the dough ball. Roll the dough ball in the oil and turn the bowl around to coat the inside of the bowl with oil.
- Set the bowl in a warm place, covered with a dish towel for about an hour or until it is doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough by pressing your fist into the middle of the risen dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough ball into a 15 inch rope. Cut the dough into 15 one inch pieces with a sharp bladed knife. Shape the dough pieces into a ball, tucking the cut edges underneath them.
- Lightly grease a 9 by 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Place the dough balls into the pan in three rows of five. Brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter and sprinkle with the garlic. Cover the pan of rolls with a clean dish towel and return it to a warm place to rise for about half an hour to 45 minutes.
- Turn the oven on to 375 degrees to preheat. Sprinkle the dough with the remaining quarter cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the rolls into the oven, baking them for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown on top.
- Sprinkle with parsley as a garnish and serve warm.
Related To: Kosher Dill Pickles Recipe