I love espresso, but until recently I thought espresso machines cost a fortune. Wow, was I wrong. I did some research and found all types of espresso machines under $200.
Below is our awesome list of inexpensive espresso makers that cost less than $200. Our list includes semi-automatic, stovetop, pod espresso, fully automatic and manual espresso makers.
Go forth and enjoy espresso without breaking the bank.
Table of Content
- A. Semi-automatic
- B. Stovetop
- C. Pod/Capsule
- D. Fully Automatic Espresso Machine Under $200
- E. Manual
- F. Portable Machines
1. DeLonghi Programmable Cappuccino and Espresso MachineSource: Houzz
This stainless steel espresso machine isn’t just beautiful, easy to clean, and fun to use but it also makes an amazing cup of coffee. It comes with a programmable timer that allow you to easily set your coffee to brew up to 24 hours in advance, making it easy to wake up to amazing smells and a delicious drink. The special brewing system ensures that the coffee is fully steeped and strong each time that you brew so you never have to worry about accidentally having a weak drink. With a built-in frother that makes it easy to steam your milk, you can have a coffeeshop-type drink in the comfort of your own home in just a few minutes.
- The steamer is very easy to use to froth your milk.
- It’s nice to be able to both brew coffee and make espresso in the same machine.
- Larger cups will not fit under this machine.
2. Capresso Espresso Machine
This machine quickly and easily brews both cappuccino and espresso. With a steel-lined block heater and a strong pump that can easily force the water through the grounds, you won’t have to worry about the quality of your drink. It’s very easy to use and can be mastered quickly. Thanks to the reservoir tank on the back of the machine, you can have a hot espresso drink at a moment’s notice. This espresso machine can easily brew two shots of espresso at once.
- You can use both ground espresso as well as pods, which will make using this espresso maker even easier.
- The removable tray is easy to clean.
The sides of the espresso maker tend to get very hot so it’s important to be careful.
3. Primula Stovetop Espresso Maker
If you don’t want to deal with the frustration that comes from learning how to use an electric espresso machine, then this espresso maker is the perfect option for you. It allows you to quickly make espresso in the pot. By filling the lower part of the espresso maker with water and adding ground espresso beans to the filter, you let the stovetop do the work and will have up to six perfect demitasse cups of espresso in minutes. There are safety measures in place to ensure that you don’t have to worry about your safety when using this espresso maker and the flip-top lid makes it very easy to quickly and safely pour out your beverage.
- You never have to worry about losing electricity as this espresso maker can be used on a gas stove or even over the fire.
- It can be tricky to figure out how to brew the ideal espresso and the learning curve may waste a fair amount of grounds before you get it right.
4. Bellman Espresso Maker
This stovetop espresso maker has a classic appearance that will appeal to many people. It makes it very simple to have authentic European espresso in just minutes by preparing your beverage with steam pressure. The hot water and steam that are used will extract amazing flavor from your ground beans and won’t destroy the aroma or amazing taste that you have come to expect from quality espresso. It’s easy to choose between three, six, or even nine demitasse cups of espresso when you use this maker. It’s portable and can easily be used on any kind of stove without worrying about damaging the handles or other components of the espresso maker.
- Users love the heavy, charming appearance of this espresso maker.
- It’s very easy to use and comes with a safety valve to ensure that you don’t get injured.
- There is a learning curve before you will be able to make high-quality espresso drinks.
5. Barsetto Espresso and Coffee Maker
This espresso maker makes it incredibly easy to quickly brew quality espresso without a lot of effort. It’s easy to make either three- or one and a half-ounce drinks with the touch of a button. The water is pre-heated quickly, within 45 seconds, and then this espresso maker can easily make up to nine shots of espresso. You can easily double the size of your espresso without any hassle. When brewing is finished, the machine will automatically release the pod where it will drop into a special compartment, eliminating any mess and ensuring that the pod is not forgotten inside of the machine.
- There are suction cups on the bottom of the machine to ensure your safety.
- The pods make it very easy to clean up this espresso maker.
- The used pods can begin to smell if you do not clean out the storage compartment on a regular basis.
6. Espressione Café Retro Espresso Maker
While you can use ground espresso in this machine, part of the charm and ease of use is that you can use pods. This makes it very easy to quickly brew a perfect cup of espresso without a lot of effort. If you do opt for ground espresso beans, then it’s very easy to knock out the used grounds after brewing. In addition, the maximum warmup for water is just two minutes and then it will allow continuous brewing, thanks to the strong boiler. The sleek design of this espresso maker looks great in any kitchen and the bright red color will add a pop of interest.
- The brew head is removable for easy cleaning.
- It’s easy to see the water level in the removable tank.
- It can be difficult to read the temperature quickly.
D. Fully Automatic Espresso Machine Under $200
7. Moka Espresso Maker
While this espresso maker resembles a stovetop model, it is actually electric and offers the ability for users to set up their espresso to be brewed and then to walk away without having to monitor it. It’s easy to fill up the boiler and add ground espresso to the filter. In only minutes, this espresso maker will create authentic espresso. Thanks to an impressive safety system, the unit will shut off when the brewing has been completed and when you lift the body off of the base to pour your drink.
- This is the perfect way to set up your espresso without having to babysit it because of its ability to automatically turn off.
- Not everyone likes that it resembles a stovetop espresso maker.
8. Bella Electric Maker
Source: Home Depot
It’s easy to make any kind of espresso-based drink in the comfort of your own home with this espresso maker from Bella. It’s very hands-on, perfect for the connoisseur who wants to be in control of his or her beverage. With a steaming wand to froth and warm milk as well as a tamping spoon to ensure that your espresso is pressed flat and firm, you can quickly brew amazing drinks in no time. It’s fun and easy to operate this espresso maker and most people love being able to adapt their drinks to their personal preferences.
- The parts are all dishwasher-safe, which makes cleanup easy and fast.
- It’s very easy to learn how to use this espresso maker.
- The function knob can be very difficult to move, which makes the whole maker harder to use for people who have weak or arthritic hands.
9. Mr. Coffee Espresso Maker
Source: Home Depot
The 40-ounce water reservoir makes it easy to create espresso drinks without worrying about running out of water. This espresso maker uses a thermal block type of heating system to ensure that the water gets very hot quickly so you won’t have to wait for your drink. By selecting either a single- or double-port filter, you can adjust the size of your drink without any hassle. The frother makes it simple to create lattes or cappuccinos without any problem and the tamping tool ensures that the grounds are pressed tightly together.
- It comes with recipes to get you started making amazing drinks right away.
- The drip tray is easy to remove and to clean.
- The water tank tends to leak.
F. Portable Machines
10. Tayama Portable Espresso Machine
Source: Home Depot
This mini machine makes it very easy to enjoy your daily espresso without hauling around a large espresso maker with you. The small size makes it easy to take to the office, with you while camping, or while exploring a new city. It’s incredibly compact but still creates a very tasty drink. Because it doesn’t rely on electricity or batteries, it really can go anywhere and you never have to worry about if you will be able to use it. It is hand-operated but still powerful enough to create an amazing espresso that even has a lovely layer of crème on top.
- You can take it anywhere and never have to worry about how to power this espresso maker.
- It’s very light and easy to use.
- It does not heat up the water for you so you do have to have a way to get hot water.