Make use of the overripe bananas that are sitting on the counter in your kitchen by making this recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread. This recipe has a twist of adding a swirl of cinnamon sugar to the middle of the loaf, as well as on top of the bread..
With moist, tender banana-flavored bread, featuring swirls of a cinnamon-sugar mixture, this recipe is perfect for breakfast, a potluck holiday brunch, or for just an afternoon snack when you have the munchies.
One big part of living an “earth-friendly” life is cutting down waste in every area of the home. Those who are conscious of the impact that their life choices have on our planet know that things like recycling, composting kitchen waste, and not buying items that have wasteful plastic packaging are going to be parts of their everyday lives.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread Recipe
- 9-Inch Loaf Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Potato Masher
- Small bowl
- Wire Rack
- 3 pcs Ripe Bananas
- ⅓ cup Melted Butter
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1½ cups Flour
Cinnamon Layers Ingredients
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a nine-inch by five-inch loaf pan.
- In a large-sized mixing bowl using a wooden spoon, beat together the butter and the sugar until they are light and fluffy. Add the sour cream and stir it into the mixture.
- Use a fork or a potato masher to mash the peeled banana in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, crack the egg and use a fork to beat it.
- Add the banana and the eggs to the bowl that contains the butter and the sugar, mixing well. Add the vanilla and stir again.
- In a separate, small-sized bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add half of this mixture to the bowl containing the butter and banana mixture. Stir just until incorporated and then add the remainder of the flour mixture. Stir just until it is mixed. Do not over mix the batter or the banana bread will turn out tough.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ½ cup sugar and the cinnamon to create the cinnamon swirl mixture.
- Pour about half of the banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle about ⅔ of the cinnamon sugar swirl mixture over the top of the layer of batter in the baking pan. Top this with the other half of the banana bread batter.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cinnamon swirl mixture on the top of the batter. Use a spoon or your fingers to lightly press this layer into the batter underneath it.
- Bake the loaf of bread in the center of your preheated oven for fifty to sixty minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let the bread sit in the pan for about ten to fifteen minutes before you run a butter knife all around the edges of the loaf to help it release from the pan. Turn the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool for another half hour before slicing.
- To store the bread, wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Place the bread in the refrigerator to keep for up to four days.
Key Ingredients: Cream Cheese