Combining the flavors of chocolate with the richness of cream cheese, this recipe for Chocolate Lush is a delicious, sweet treat that almost anyone can make. It looks amazing, tastes fabulous, and even a nine year old is capable of creating it on his own.
If you are looking for a warm-weather dessert that is cool and, at the same time, decadent and delicious, look no further! Our recipe for Chocolate Lush features layers of creamy pudding, the tang of cream cheese, and the satisfying crunch of nuts. This recipe makes plenty as well, so if you need something that is easily transported for a potluck dinner and serves many, this recipe is exactly what you need.
Chocolate Lush Recipe
- 9-Inch Baking Pan
- Medium-Sized Bowl
- Pastry blender
- Measuring Cup
- Electric Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Wire whisk
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces Softened Cream Cheese one package
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 16 ounces Whipped Topping thawed and divided
Ingredients for the Chocolate Pudding Layer
- 6.8 ounces Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix 2 packages
- 3 cups Milk
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- Chocolate Syrup for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Have a nine by thirteen-inch baking pan available.
- Soften the butter by microwaving it for five seconds. Then turn the butter over and microwave it for five more seconds.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Add the butter and cut it into the flour mixture with a fork or a pastry blender. This should make a mixture with tiny chunks of butter in it that is the texture of cornmeal. Stir in the pecans, mixing well.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of your prepared pan. You can use the bottom of a measuring cup to firmly press this mixture into place.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes. The crust will be a light, golden brown color. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the crust to cool.
- Now you can move on to make the cream cheese layer. With a paper towel, wipe out any remnants of the crust mixture from the bowl in which you mixed it. Use an electric mixer to mix together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to fold in half of the whipped topping, mixing until combined.
- Spread this mixture over the top of the cooked and cooled crust.
- Again, you can wipe out the mixing bowl with a paper towel. You will use this bowl to make the chocolate layer. Use a wire whisk to blend together the milk and the chocolate pudding mix.
- Spread this gently over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Use a spatula to spread the remaining whipped topping in an even layer over the top of the chocolate layer.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top of the whipped topping layer and sprinkle lightly with the ½ cup of chopped pecans.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator and scoop out servings with a spatula. Eat this dessert within five days, if it lasts that long!
Key Ingredients: Cream Cheese