Combining the flavors of tomatoes, creamy cheeses, and crispy coated chicken tenders, our recipe for Chicken Parmesan with Ravioli Bake brings the flavors of your favorite Italian restaurant to your own kitchen. Add a batch of fresh rolls and a side salad, and your family will have a wonderful dinner.
Everyone loves the flavors, textures, aromas, and colors of the meals served at their favorite Italian restaurant. With the delicious flavor of Chicken Parmesan atop a bed of tomato sauced, cheesy ravioli, our recipe for Chicken Parmesan with Ravioli is exactly the kind of thing that you would order at your favorite restaurant. However, this recipe can give you flavors of this kind of wonderful meal without the restaurant price tag. For less than ten dollars, you can feed your whole family a dinner that they will beg for again and again.
Chicken Parmesan with Ravioli Bake Recipe
- Large Saucepan
- Deep Casserole Dish
- Large skillet
- Tongs or Spatula
- 25 ounces Frozen Cheese Ravioli from a package
- 15 ounces Tomato Sauce from a can
- 4 teaspoons Italian Seasoning divided
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ tbsp Dried Parsley chopped
- 8 pcs Chicken Breast Tenderloins thawed
- Cooking Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put 3 quarts of water in a large saucepan and bring it to a boil. When the water comes to a boil, add the frozen ravioli and cook it according to package instructions.
- Drain the ravioli in the sink, but do not rinse it. Toss the ravioli with a tablespoon of cooking oil to keep the pasta from sticking together.
- Spray a deep casserole dish with cooking spray and put the ravioli in the dish, spreading it to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Open the can of tomato sauce and put one teaspoon of the Italian seasoning in the tomato sauce.
- Stir the seasoning into the sauce. Pour the sauce over the ravioli and stir it to coat all the pasta with the tomato sauce. Set the casserole dish aside.
- On a plate, stir together the Parmesan cheese and the remainder of the Italian seasoning.
- Roll the raw chicken in the cheese mixture, coating it well. Repeat with each piece until they are all coated in Parmesan cheese.
- In a large skillet, heat about 3 tablespoons of cooking oil over medium heat until the oil sizzles when you flick a drop of water into the pan. Add the chicken, spacing out the chicken tenders to keep about an inch of space around each one. Allow the chicken to cook on the bottom until it is lightly browned on the bottom. Do not try to move the chicken around until the cheesy coating is brown and crispy, or you risk tearing the coating off the chicken. This should take about 5 minutes. When the chicken is golden brown on bottom, flip it with a spatula or a pair of tongs to cook the other side in the same way. When all the chicken pieces are cooked to a golden brown color, remove them to a plate that has a paper towel laid on it to absorb some oil.
- After you have drained the meat, place it in a single layer in the casserole dish on top of the tomato sauce coated pasta. Sprinkle the entire thing with the parsley.
- Then, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese in an even layer over top of all the chicken and the pasta.
- Put the Chicken Parmesan with Ravioli Bake in the oven and bake it for 25 minutes.
- Scoop the pasta topped with chicken into bowls and serve with a crusty roll and a side salad.
- To store leftovers, cover the casserole dish with a sheet of aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat the casserole, just put the whole dish in an oven that is heated to 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.