Salads are tasty and they're loaded with nutrients. This article features a recipe for Chicken and Spring Mix Salad that you can try for yourself.
Most people know that a colorful salad that is loaded with vegetables and healthy green leaves is nutritious and delicious, but over time, the same old salad recipe can kind of lose its luster. We all know that we should eat things like this, but sometimes we just get tired of them.
That is why you need a collection of delicious and nutritious salad recipes. Move away from boring ranch dressing on top of a pile of iceberg lettuce with a few anemic-looking tomatoes and learn to make salads that everyone will rave about.
Chicken and Spring Mix Salad
- Baking Pan
- Aluminum foil
- Small bowl
- large salad bowl
Ingredients for Chicken
- 4 to 6 Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Dried parsley
- ½ tsp Dried oregano
Ingredients for Salad
- 6 cups Spring mix salad blend
- 1 Avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 or 2 Roma tomatoes or another small tomato, chopped
- 4 tbsp Feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ Cucumber, diced
- 4 tbsp Chopped nuts, like almonds, pecans, or walnuts
- 4 tbsp Sliced olives, drained
- 3 tbsp Fresh oregano leaves stripped from the stem
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, parsley and oregano.
- Place the chicken tenders on the foil-lined baking pan. Salt and pepper them on both sides. Sprinkle the seasoning mix on both sides of the chicken pieces.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, you can prepare the salad dressing. Into a jar with a tightly fitting lid, measure out the dressing ingredients--the olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, the Dijon mustard, the honey, and the salt and pepper. Tightly cap the jar and shake it well to combine. Set the dressing aside, shaking it before you add it to the salad.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, take it from the oven. Let the chicken cool and then shred it, discarding any pieces of gristle or connective tissue. Set the chicken aside to completely cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the salad mix with the basil leaves and oregano leaves. Toss to combine.
- On top of the salad, add the feta cheese, cucumber, avocado, olives, tomatoes and nuts.
- Put the salad on individual plates, topping each one with one fourth of the chopped chicken breast pieces. Drizzle each serving with the prepared dressing and enjoy!