There’s a reason why chaise lounges conjure images of wealth and luxury. Only the royals, bureaucrats and those belonging to the upper class during the 16th and 17th century could afford and had the privilege of using them. The image continued to stick as the stylish seating became associated to Hollywood glamour.
Thanks to advances in technology and industrialization in the 20th century, chaise lounges have become economical and affordable to the masses. They can now be had for as low as $100 or $300 but still look stylish and add glamour to your room.
Table of Contents
- A. Outdoor Metal Chaise Lounges Under $100
- B. Outdoor Metal Chaise Lounge Under $300
- C. Outdoor Wooden Chaise Lounges Under $100
- D. Outdoor Wooden Chaise Lounges Under $300
- E. Indoor Chaise Lounge Under $300
A. Outdoor Metal Chaise Lounges Under $100
1. Transcontinental Outdoor Chaise Lounge
The aluminum frame on this outdoor chaise lounge is strong enough for daily use but still lightweight enough that you can easily move your chair to join your family and friends or to face the sun. The cushioned headrest ensures that you are always comfortable and the ergonomic design will allow you to lounge all day outside without any back or neck pain.
- Made with a mesh textilene, you won’t ever worry about getting too hot as the air will still be able to circulate around you.
- The dark color of the mesh can be hot in the sun when you first get on.
2. Winston Porter Rocking Chaise Lounge
Durable enough to be used by the pool or simply in the backyard, this chaise lounge has the added benefit of also being a rocker, making it one of the most comfortable options on the market. The extra padding on the arms and pillow for the head will even allow you to nap without worrying about stiffness or discomfort in your body. The material dries incredibly quickly so you can easily wash and dry your lounge if desired. The steel frame is sturdier than aluminum and will hold up to years of use.
- Ideal for lounging and rocking, it offers a lot of comfort due to its design.
- It can’t be stacked and will take up a lot of room when in storage.
B. Outdoor Metal Chaise Lounge Under $300
3. BH&G Aluminum Chaise Lounge
The aluminum frame on this chaise lounge is rust-resistant, which means that you can leave it outside without worrying about it falling apart or being damaged. The included lumbar pillow offers enough support to keep you from experiencing back pain while using the chaise and the pillows and cushion have been treated to resist water and mildew and even to repel water.
- The cushion and pillow have been UV treated so that they will not fade in the sun.
- The instructions are not clear and diagrams are not well labeled. This means that assembly is very difficult and can take a long time.
4. Orren Ellis 3-Piece Set and Table
Ideal for homeowners who want to buy enough furniture for the family without breaking the bank, this set of two chaise lounges and a small table is attractive enough to go on any deck or by the pool. The lounges are very comfortable no matter if you are sitting up or prefer to sleep on your stomach. The side table is collapsible and can easily be stored flat to save room during the winter.
- The neutral color allows you to decorate with bright pillows and won’t clash with other furniture.
- The acrylic mesh can be easily damaged if you are not careful.
C. Outdoor Wooden Chaise Lounges Under $100
5. Vifah Hardwood LoungeHouzz
This acacia hardwood chair is sturdy enough to stand up to the elements while still looking amazing. The contour in the seat keeps you comfortable even while you are being supported by the strong weight of the wood. Finished in a teak oil, this chair can stand up to the hot sun and the rain without being damaged.
- It folds flat for easy transport or storage.
- It is not comfortable for long periods of sitting.
6. Beachcrest Home Chaise Lounge
The galvanized hardware on these chairs adds both beauty and function and will keep your hinges and other hardware from rusting in the rain. It’s very easy both to stack these chairs as well as to fold them flat and they are incredibly comfortable due to their ergonomic design.
- It is very attractive and will look great in any backyard.
- The smell of the stain is strong and takes a while to dissipate.
- The chair is not sturdy enough to stand up to a lot of use by active children.
D. Outdoor Wooden Chaise Lounges Under $300
7. Safavieh Lounge Chair
This is the best of both worlds if you are looking for the beauty of a wood chaise lounge but want the strength and stability that comes with a metal frame. The steel frame is carefully covered in gorgeous acacia wood and has a teak finish that sets it apart from other chaise lounges. With thick white cushions that can stand up to all kinds of weather, you are sure to be comfortable no matter how long you want to spend outside enjoying the fresh air. With an adjustable back, you will easily be able to find your favorite position.
- It reclines completely flat so you can rest outside.
- Simple lines don’t detract from the modern appearance of this piece.
- It is not comfortable for long periods of time.
8. Chaise Lounge and Tray
This comfortable chaise lounge comes complete with a pull-out tray on the side where you can easily rest your drink, snack, or favorite book while spending time outside with the family. Perfect for use by the pool or on the deck, this chair is made of solid wood and has been finished to help it stand up to the elements and to insects. With the side tray, you don’t have to worry about putting your snacks directly on the ground or finding a table that you can sit near.
- It is easy to assemble and to stain another color.
- The yellow stain of the wood will transfer to wet towels.
- The stain on the furniture can transfer to the deck.
E. Indoor Chaise Lounge Under $300
The hidden storage in this chaise lounge makes it perfect to help stash toys, blankets, and magazines if you need to quickly clean up your living room. The beautiful blue upholstery is microfiber, which is a very forgiving fabric and generally quite easily to clean. The nailhead trim and the turned feet on this chaise lounge set it apart from other pieces of furniture and add a traditional feel to it. With a metal and wood frame, it can stand up to a lot of use and there is enough padding to ensure that you are comfortable reclining or sitting on it.
- It looks great in both the bedroom and the living room.
- It’s easy to make the blue color pop with white pillows or allow it to be more subdued by using darker colors around the chaise.
- It is easy to open the hidden storage.
- Assembly is required and can be difficult.
10. Tufted Velvet Chaise Lounge
This plush teal lounge speaks for itself and will help you create your own escape in your home. The hand tufting on the lounge ensures high quality and makes it very comfortable to sit on. Covered in new velvet, the upholstery does a fairly good job at resisting stains and the dark color of the new velvet will help to hide anything that you accidentally spill. It’s deep enough to sit comfortably without feeling as if you are perching on the edge.
- It is smaller than some other options, making it ideal in tight spots.
- It is sure to please any homeowner who has a love of very bright colors.
- The bright color will become the focal point of the room so it won’t work in all homes.
11. Ebern Designs Contemporary Chaise Lounge
This is a very contemporary piece of furniture but has been ergonomically designed so that you will be very comfortable when using it. The clean lines coupled with the curve of the back create a very attractive piece. It’s ideal for sitting, napping, reading, and watching TV and will last for a long time, thanks to the strong legs and the linen cover. The neutral brown of the linen will work well in most homes and can easily be dressed up or down with the addition of brightly-colored throw pillows.
- It offers firm support so that you will not h ave sore joints or muscles when you get up.
- It can easily fit into smaller spaces in your living room or your bedroom.
- The back is rather low and can be a little uncomfortable.
12. Lark Manor Chaise Lounge
The dark charcoal color coupled with the tufting, nailhead trim, and strong legs make this chaise lounge look as if it came from the living room of French royalty. It’s a solid piece of furniture that has been built to last and offers plenty of space for you to sit or to recline. Assembly is required but the instructions are clear, and the process is fairly simple. While the support is firm, it is not so hard that it is uncomfortable to sit on for long periods of time.
- It is incredibly comfortable and looks great in most any home.
- There are a number of loose threads around the seams that need to be trimmed.
Home Stratosphere is an award-winning home and garden online publication that’s a result of our talented researchers and writers who work directly with hundreds of professional interior designers, furniture designers, landscape designers and architects from around the world to create helpful, informative, entertaining and inspiring articles and design galleries.