Everyone loves Italian food and with our recipe for Bow Tie Pasta with Italian Sausage, you can treat your family to the flavors they have come to expect from your favorite Italian restaurant. With tasty pasta in a tasty cream sauce and Italian sausage, this will become a family favorite.
Our recipe features perfectly cooked bow tie pasta smothered in a flavorful, creamy sauce. The sauce includes the flavors of garlic and red pepper flakes. While the sauce is not very hot, if spicy foods aren’t your favorite, feel free to cut the amount of the red pepper flakes in half; or if you don’t want to take a chance, you can leave it out altogether. The pasta sauce will still be scrumptious.
This recipe has classic Italian seasoning, but most of the herbal flavor comes from the Italian sausage. If you want a stronger herbal flavor, sprinkle in a pinch of basil or a pre-mixed blend of Italian seasoning. You can use any version of Italian sausage that you want. If you like hot, feel free to choose the hot version, but the medium or mild versions will be delicious too.
Bow Tie Pasta with Italian Sausage Recipe
- Large Pot
- Large skillet
- 12 ounces Bow Tie Pasta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pound Mild Italian Sausage
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 12 pcs Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1½ cups Half and Half
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves chopped or torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley optional
- 4 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. When the pot boils, add the bow tie pasta and cook it at a rolling boil according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta in a colander, rinsing the pasta until it is fully cooled. Shake the pasta to fully drain all of the water from the noodles. Set the pasta aside, either in the sink or on a dish towel until you are ready to use it.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until a few drops of water sizzle when you drip them into the oil. Add the Italian sausage. If you bought the kind of Italian sausage with casings, remove the casings before you cook the sausage.
- Use a spatula to chop and crumble the meat into small bits. Stir the red pepper flakes into the sausage as you cook it. Add the garlic near the end of the cooking time and cook the garlic until it is a light golden brown.
- When the meat is fully cooked, drain the grease from the pan.
- Add the tomatoes and the half and half. Simmer the mixture on medium heat until the mixture gets thick. This should take about five to seven minutes. Be sure that you stir frequently so that you don’t scorch the creamy sauce.
- Add the spinach and cook at a low simmer for about three minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan, stirring it to coat it in the creamy sauce. Stir in the Parmesan cheese until it is fully incorporated into the sauce. Sprinkle the pasta and sauce with parsley as a garnish and serve accompanied by a Caesar salad and a crusty roll.
- Store leftovers in a container with a tightly fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to three days. Leftovers can be reheated by microwaving for about 30 seconds.
Related: Paste with Sausage Recipes