I’ve made a recipe that is one of those perfect matches – boozy bourbon blueberry peach cobbler. Holla! The flavors fit better together than whiskey in a rocks glass. Or any glass, for that matter. In fact, the addition of whiskey to this dessert makes it perfect for that shoulder season between high summer and low fall. It’s cozy, fresh, and all kinds of good.
This is the break your mouth has been waiting for.
Boozy Bourbon Blueberry and Peach Cobbler Recipe
For the filling
For the crumble topping
- 2 cup whole rolled oats
- 1 cup Redpath Simply Raw Turbinado Sugar
- ½ lb unsalted butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- pinch of salt
Prepare the filling
- Lightly grease a 9" baking dish with butter, and preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add bourbon, lemon juice, vanilla, sugar, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add the blueberries and peaches. Mix gently and well.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
Prepare the crumble topping:
- In the same mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the crumble.
- When well combined, spread evenly over the top of the filling.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the top is crisp and golden.
- Serve topped with your favourite vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream. Enjoy!