Loaded with fresh veggies, spiced protein, and spiked with dark beer, this recipe is one of the best chili recipes you will ever make. You probably have all the ingredients in your fridge already, too. And it comes together in an hour. Though I won’t lie – dishing up seconds the next day (or 3) makes it even better. Garnish to your preference, though I like a healthy dose of sour cream, diced red onion, sliced avocado, cheddar cheese, green onion, hot sauce, some tortilla chips, and more beer. But that’s me.
Make my boozy beer chile con carne and chow down on camp-friendly food, kids. Because hell, if we can’t go camping, we can still eat like we are.
Boozy Beer Chili Con Carne Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion ½" pcs
- 1 cup chopped carrots ½" pcs
- 1 cup chopped celery ½" pcs
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper ½" pcs
- 1½ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 pcs bay leaves large
- 3 cloves garlic peeled & finely chopped
- 1 lb ground protein beef, chicken, pork, or even turkey - use what ya like best
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup dark beer
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 7 oz can kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 7 oz can black beans drained & rinsed
- 7 oz can garbanzo beans drained & rinsed
- 7 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- Coarse sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper
- Drizzle olive oil into a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper, oregano, cumin, bay leaves, and salt and pepper. Stir well. Cook for approx. 5 min to soften.
- Add garlic. Stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Add beef and stir occasionally to cook through.
- Turn the heat to high and pour in diced tomatoes, chili powder, beer, hot sauce, beans, and season with salt and pepper. Stir well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the whole kernel corn, stir, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, diced red onion, sliced avocado, cheddar cheese, green onion, hot sauce, and more beer!