Chicken, bacon, and a cheesy sauce is the ingredient of a tasty pasta dish. Try our Bacon Tortellini Alfredo recipe and bring delicious food to your dinner.
Most people want to feed their families homemade, delicious meals. However, because so many families are so busy, it can be hard to find the time and energy to prepare dinner from scratch multiple times a week. At the end of the day when tempers are high, energy is low, and there are still too many things to tackle before you can finally drop into bed, the take-out menu or the fast food drive-through sounds pretty good.
Bacon Tortellini Alfredo
- Dutch Oven
- 1 Twelve Ounce Package Frozen Cheese Tortellini
- 3 Strips Bacon Cut Into Small Pieces or 2 to 3 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 ounce Cream Cheese Softened at Room Temperature and Cut Into Cubes
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 Uncooked Chicken Tenders
- Put the chicken in a medium sized saucepan. Cover it with water and put it on the stove over medium heat. When the water comes to a boil, cover the pan with a lid and turn off the heat. Set a timer for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the chicken from the water and shred it onto a plate, removing any gristle or connective tissue.
- As the chicken is cooking, fill a Dutch oven about two thirds full of water. Set it on the stove over medium heat and bring it to a boil. Add about a half teaspoon of salt and stir it to dissolve. Add the frozen tortellini and cook it according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and set it aside in the colander, since you will use the Dutch oven to create the rest of the dish.
- In the Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook the garlic for about 60 seconds, until it is golden brown.
- Turn down the heat to medium low. Add the chicken broth. You can use the cooking liquid from the saucepan in which you cooked the chicken if you don’t have any broth on hand. Add the heavy cream and the cream cheese.
- Heat the mixture, whisking it with a whisk to smooth out the lumps and help the cream cheese to melt into the liquid. Add the Parmesan cheese, stirring to melt the cheese. Taste the liquid and add salt and pepper until it is to your liking. Take the pan off of the heat.
- Stir in the bacon bits. If the mixture is too thick, add a bit more chicken broth.
- Add the chicken and the tortellini.
- Serve the dish in bowls. You can top the pasta with chopped parsley, fresh basil, or a sprinkle of rosemary to add a pretty and fragrant garnish.
Related: Tortellini Alfredo Recipes