My wife and I have a Vitamix and love it, but it wasn’t cheap. What I didn’t know was that Vitamix blenders have been around since the 1930s with products well known for its high quality and emphasis on health and well-being. The privately owned company has three main series of household blenders that set them apart from the market.
Although it’s been getting rave reviews from home chefs and celebrities alike, not everyone can afford Vitamix blenders with its high price tag. Good thing there are at least six other blenders that are just as powerful and efficient yet not that expensive.
- While still expensive, they are not the priciest blender on the market, making them much more affordable for a lot of people.
- These are commercial-quality blenders that will outlast a lot of the different options that you can buy for a lower price. While standard-quality blenders may be just fine for homeowners, this is a great option for those serious about wanting smooth products when they blend.
- There are a number of different style options, which makes it easy to find one that will fit with the décor and appearance of the kitchen.
- There is a sound barrier on these blenders which will help cut down on the noise that they create; however, it’s impossible to make a completely silent blender.
- High-powered motors mean that these blenders can be used for making smoothies, blending soup, or crushing ice and will be able to complete all jobs easily.
- The motor is powerful enough that when blending warm soups, they will keep their heat before serving.
- The blender jars are fairly easy to remove and to clean.
- There is no tamper, making using the blender even easier.
- Blendtec offers a great warranty on new and even refurbished blenders and allows people to use them in their homes for a 30-day trial period.
- While less expensive than some commercial blenders, these are very pricy.
- There are a lot of different buttons, blending options, and settings, making these blenders a little more difficult to use than some of the more basic options.
- These blenders tend to be rather large and it can be difficult to find a place for them in the kitchen.
- While they start out less expensive than some blenders, there are very expensive Blendtec blenders that cost more than $1,000.
- There are multiple preprogrammed cycles on these blenders for everything from smoothies to soup to batter, making it easy to perfectly blend most anything that you want to.
- The preprogrammed cycles will stop on their own so users don’t have to worry about accidentally overblending.
- The strong motor is able to blend most anything that you want nice and smooth.
- Different models will offer different attachments, such as a juicer attachment. This allows people who are looking for a blender to find one that will perfectly meet their needs and be more than just a one-use appliance.
- These blenders are fairly easy to clean and most of them come with dishwasher-safe jars as well as sturdy bases that can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
- The jar will easily scratch and it’s impossible to remove these scratches once they have occurred.
- These blenders tend to be very noisy and don’t all come with a noise dampener so everyone in the home will hear it when it is running.
- All of the models are rather bulky and it can be difficult to find a place to put them under a kitchen cabinet.
- The blender options that come with tampers are much more difficult to use and to get to blend everything evenly.
- Some of the smaller blenders offered by Breville are prone to leaking.
Source: Home Depot
- Much more affordable than some of the other blender options, Ninja blenders still are very powerful and do a great job blending most foods.
- It’s impossible to use the blender unless the lid is firmly in place, which is a great safety feature for families who have young children.
- There is a pulse function as well as mix, crush, and blend so with practice, you can make sure that you get the perfect blend on everything that you put in the Ninja.
- They can blend and even crush ice very quickly and without any problem.
- The ergonomic design of these blenders means that they will generally fit right into the appearance of the home.
- It’s easy to wash the Ninja jar in the dishwasher and it is also microwave safe, making it easy to heat up soup right after you blend it without having to dirty another dish.
- Because they come in a number of different sizes, it’s easy to find a blender that will meet your needs whether you need it to create single servings or want to be able to blend smoothies for the whole family.
- The storage lids make it easy to store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- The vertical blade can be tricky to clean.
- They are rather tall so they generally have to be left out instead of stored away.
- The blender itself tends to be very loud.
Source: Home Depot
- Most of the KitchenAid blenders come with a dedicated function just for crushing ice, making it easy to make frosty drinks in a flash.
- The control panel is easy to clean using a damp cloth and won’t easily be injured or damaged by water or damp.
- The jars or pitchers that are included are fairly lightweight and easy to handle.
- Because of the high-speed motors, these blenders are capable of crushing or blending almost anything. In addition, they can be used with hot and cold foods without any problems.
- KitchenAid produces very sturdy blenders that are well weighted so they won’t bounce around the counter when in use.
- Some models come with polycarbonate pitchers instead of glass ones and these are not nearly as sturdy. In addition, they tend to leak more over time.
- Using the blender for extended periods of time can actually cause the motor to burn out, especially when you are blending very thick things.
- The inside of the lid can be very difficult to clean because of how tightly it attaches to the jar or to the pitcher.
Source: Home Depot
- Oster blenders are much more affordable than a lot of other options available. They are also relatively easy to find in local stores, making it simple to find a blender to purchase right away.
- They offer very low profiles on their blenders so they can easily be stored in cabinets instead of left out on the counter all of the time.
- The speed dials or buttons on these blenders are very easy to use and generally come with a few pre-programmed blending settings to help users learn how to blend their food or drinks easily and correctly.
- It’s easy to clean the jar as well as the blades as they can both be put into the dishwasher.
- The glass jar is very sturdy and difficult to break due to being shock-resistant.
- While not as ergonomically attractive as other options, they are a great budget blender for someone who is just learning to use a blender in the kitchen.
- While Oster blenders do a great job blending and mixing, they aren’t strong enough to finely chop ice, which can be frustrating for users who want to be able to make frosty mixed drinks in their blenders.
- The jars tend to be a little small, which is frustrating for people who want to mix up a large batch of soup or smoothies all at once.
- The smaller motor can easily burn out if you try to blend too much at once or use it back to back for a number of times.
Source: Home Depot
- This is a well-known brand that has a great reputation for standing behind their products; users who experience issues with their blenders can easily get the help and support that they need from the company.
- While some options have more speeds than others, they all have the same basic functions.
- All but one of the Black+Decker blenders is safe to go in the dishwasher, which means cleaning up very fast and easy.
- The lids fit tightly into the jars and are easy to remove after blending. In addition, some of them double as measuring cups, making it very easy to measure out all of the ingredients for a smoothie.
- The lightweight jar is very easy to lift and move even when it is full.
- The sturdy base will keep the blender from moving around the counter while it is in motion.
- They are incredibly affordable and available in a lot of local stores, making them the perfect replacement when your blender has broken and you need a new one in a hurry.
- These blenders do not offer a lot of blending options so people who are used to more advanced blenders may find them to be disappointing.
- This is a very loud blender and there is no way to quiet it. In addition, because it is not very powerful, you will be using it for a longer period of time to get the results that you want.
- Not all of them offer ice-crushing abilities. It’s important to consider how you are going to be using your new blender before you buy one so you can be sure that it will meet your needs.
- Low motor power means that they are not very powerful blenders.
- The offered warranties are not very long and may not cover the blender for its life, leaving the owner having to buy a new one when it breaks.