If you are having a party, having a selection of delicious appetizers will make your guests feel welcome. This recipe for Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms will absolutely impress your guests. This is one recipe that seems difficult and time-consuming, but when you have an air fryer, it isn’t.
Something that good has to be difficult, right? Wrong. These mushrooms could not be simpler to make, especially when you have an air fryer. The air fryer quickly and easily cooks them up, crisping the mushroom, browning the cheese, and turning the cream cheese filling into a melty, creamy mound of deliciousness. Of course, you could make these in the oven. However, that would take significantly longer, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a shortcut.
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 Damp Cloth or a Paper Towel
- 1 Paring Knife
- 1 Electric Mixer
- 2 Mixing bowl
- 1 Teaspoon to Scoop
- 1 Shredder
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Spray
- 1 Dinner Plate
- 1 pound whole white button mushrooms
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheese, whatever variety you prefer
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- Chopped chives or bacon bits, for topping
- Oil spray
- Take a damp cloth or a paper towel and gently remove any dirt from the mushrooms. If you must rinse them under running water to clean them, be sure that you dry them well. The recipe needs dry mushrooms.
- Use a paring knife to remove the stems from the mushrooms. You may need to use the tip of the knife to dig out a hollow in the mushroom cap.
- Use an electric mixer to blend the cream cheese until it is smooth and creamy. Add the sour cream, the garlic powder, the salt, and the pepper. Mix again until all the ingredients are combined.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop the filling mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Put the shredded cheese into a wide, shallow bowl.
- Hold the mushrooms upside down and press the cream cheese mixture into the shredded cheese to coat the mound of the cream cheese mixture with shredded cheese.
- Top each mushroom with a pinch of chives or bacon bits.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees for about 3 minutes. Spray the inside of the air fryer with cooking oil.
- Put the mushrooms into the air fryer in a single layer and spray them with a light coating of cooking oil. You may need to cook these in two separate batches.
- Cook the mushrooms for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before serving because the filling will stay very hot even after the outer cheesy coating is cool enough to touch and handle.
- Serve the mushrooms.